Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+32
Orion Crystal Ice
Joe
shamgar75
Nico
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Sutekh
iamrockerfun
CRIMSONMASK
Ricky
Wurthless
Hadley
manny
Fat Freddy
jstate
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
DeathCult
tohostudios
Leatherface
exact33
sheets
nevermore
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
chewie
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 2:35 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Planet Terror was the movie that finally beat Dead Alive as the goriest movie I've ever seen. Love it!

Yeah, I wonder how many gallons of fake blood they went thru making "Planet Terror." The helicopter scene was brilliant. Laughing very hard

Yep - I would agree. Planet Terror is the goriest flick I have ever seen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:16 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Planet Terror was the movie that finally beat Dead Alive as the goriest movie I've ever seen. Love it!

Yeah, I wonder how many gallons of fake blood they went thru making "Planet Terror." The helicopter scene was brilliant. Laughing very hard

I think Dead Alive is much worse.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 5:23 pm

S.D. wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

I think Dead Alive is much worse.

Not if you're just talking about sheer amounts of blood. I've seen way more disturbing movies than "Planet Terror" but nothing with more blood. Plus, Dead Alive doesn't start getting really gory until the zombies start coming out; Planet Terror is gory from just about the first 5 minutes on.

The lawnmower scene in Dead Alive used to be the goriest scene I'd ever seen but the helicopter scene in Planet Terror dwarfs that one for me in terms of sheer gore (yeah a lot is probably CGI but it's still gory).

The most disturbing film I've ever seen is still A Serbian Film and I don't see anything knocking that off the perch any time soon.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18924

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 10:44 pm

Dead Alive hasn't aged that well with me. I watched it again a couple of years ago and I was a little bored by it. Maybe you have to be in the right mood, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:08 am

Pirates - Reds game with the Pirates victorious in 10 innings,taking 2 out of 3 in the series.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:28 am

Leatherface wrote:
Dead Alive hasn't aged that well with me. I watched it again a couple of years ago and I was a little bored by it. Maybe you have to be in the right mood, I guess.

I think I've just seen it too many times.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:03 am

House repeat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 5:02 pm

Cold Case
World's Dumbest
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:15 am

Smackdown
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 7:18 am

Repeats of House
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 am

Cardinals vs Indians

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 am

Pirates-Royals game
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 3:36 pm

"Death Proof" (2007)

A psycho stunt man who gets his kicks by killing girls with his souped-up car meets his match when he unwisely starts a cat-and-mouse game with a trio of troublemaking babes out for a test drive...

Quentin Tarantino's half of the "Grindhouse" combo pack starts off VERY slowly (I swear, the first 40 minutes are nothing but the characters talkin', talkin', talkin', to the point where I was practically screaming "SHUT THE F*CK UP AND DO SOMETHING!" but the second half is total automotive bad-assery, culminating in some of the best car-chase footage ever put to celluloid.

I preferred "Planet Terror" but once this thing finally started kickin' ass I have to admit that I got hooked.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 4:10 pm

Prometheus - Could hardly stand the wait in the months leading up to this. It was worth it. It had a way of being a beautiful movie, even though it was Sci-Fi/horror.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 6:33 pm

Madagascar: Europe's Most Wanted (as always, Dreamworks hits one out of the park)\

NCIS
Psych
Cold Case
World's Dumbest
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 8:40 pm

Prometheus - quite possibly the worst film I have seen in a decade. Terrible, terrible movie. I actually laughed out loud during a supposed "serious" scene. Also, the plot holes were IMMENSE. There was no character motivation and a complete lack of any coherence to the film. Ridley Scott is officially a hack who hasn't done anything worth watching in over a decade. Good lord that sucked. I want my money back.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:18 pm

Witchfinder wrote:
Prometheus - quite possibly the worst film I have seen in a decade. Terrible, terrible movie. I actually laughed out loud during a supposed "serious" scene. Also, the plot holes were IMMENSE. There was no character motivation and a complete lack of any coherence to the film. Ridley Scott is officially a hack who hasn't done anything worth watching in over a decade. Good lord that sucked. I want my money back.

I've been following a Prometheus thread on another board and the reviews are all over the map. Some people agree wholeheartedly with you, some think it's "okay" and there are quite a few that think it's brilliant. I had a feeling the reviews would be passionate both pro & con for this one.

I haven't seen it yet and probably won't get a chance to in the theater.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Witchfinder wrote:

I've been following a Prometheus thread on another board and the reviews are all over the map. Some people agree wholeheartedly with you, some think it's "okay" and there are quite a few that think it's brilliant. I had a feeling the reviews would be passionate both pro & con for this one.

I haven't seen it yet and probably won't get a chance to in the theater.

Save your money.

I defy anyone to explain the plot and motivation to me. They won't be able to do it. It is a mess.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 9:53 pm

The Prestige
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 4:49 am

AM Raw
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 8:46 am

"Jersey Shore Shark Attack" (2012)

Guidos vs. Great Whites! When Seaside Heights is invaded by hordes of man-eating sharks (drawn from the depths by vibrations from undersea drilling) it's up to T.C., Paulie Balzac, Nooki and the gang to save the July 4th weekend.

I expected this movie to suck but it was actually a pretty damn funny bit of SyFy Channel nonsense that sends up both the "Jaws" series and the "Jersey Shore" fad.

Stars: pretty much every Italian-American actor in Hollywood, I think, including Jack Scalia, Paul Sorvino and some "Sopranos" guy whose name I can't remember. Oh, and this flick's version of "Snooki" is better looking than the real one, by a mile!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 12:49 pm

Saw 'Prometheus' opening night. Can't discuss without spoilers. But some broader thoughts:

- This is a movie made almost strictly for Alien fans. This is both good and bad. This is a very very good film WITH THE CATCH - that the viewer needs to be, 1. versed in the type of storytelling, allegory, and little hints that are in the classic Alien films, and 2. the studio NEEDS TO MAKE A SEQUEL. In other words, this film just does not do well standing alone if the viewer treats it as a sci-fi standalone film, coming in knowing zero about the Alien universe. That makes it a good addition to that universe, and also makes it heavily flawed just overall as a film. There is stuff people will NOT get right away, even Alien fans, until way, way later thinking or debating about it (not a bad thing), and then there is stuff there is absolutely no way to get unless there is a sequel to explain some of the huge things that have been introduced into the Alien universe. Just no way. At the same time, the movie is packed full of parts that leave you in awe in all kinds of ways. So, this is really a mixed bag......I would recommend it, but it's got some conditions................ The potential is enormous for where this story can go, which also means it can end up a massive failure.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:15 pm

GI Joe

DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 2:31 pm

Wild Justice
Snapped
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 10, 2012 9:13 pm

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Clue

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next