Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012

Go down 
+32
Orion Crystal Ice
Joe
shamgar75
Nico
kmorg
SideShowDisaSter
Gryphon-kl
Witchfinder
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
Sutekh
iamrockerfun
CRIMSONMASK
Ricky
Wurthless
Hadley
manny
Fat Freddy
jstate
EvyMetal
thejokeriv
DeathCult
tohostudios
Leatherface
exact33
sheets
nevermore
MetalGuy71
James B.
DallasBlack
chewie
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Empty
PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 12:47 pm

I loved Prometheus, and I think OCI summed up some things nicely. It definitely needs a follow-up(s).
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 6:40 pm

exact33 wrote:
TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Clue

Absolute classic! Haven't seen it in over a decade though. I need to get this on DVD (hopefully used at a good price).

Criminal Minds
Longmire
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:16 pm

Eureka: Season 5 - I wanted to wait until they had several episodes completed before I started watching, been catching up on Hulu.

Good season so far! Too bad it's ending after this year, a very entertaining show.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:32 pm

S.D. wrote:
Eureka: Season 5 - I wanted to wait until they had several episodes completed before I started watching, been catching up on Hulu.

Good season so far! Too bad it's ending after this year, a very entertaining show.

For sho! headbanger
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 7:51 pm

Orion Crystal Ice wrote:
Saw 'Prometheus' opening night. Can't discuss without spoilers. But some broader thoughts:

- This is a movie made almost strictly for Alien fans. This is both good and bad. This is a very very good film WITH THE CATCH - that the viewer needs to be, 1. versed in the type of storytelling, allegory, and little hints that are in the classic Alien films, and 2. the studio NEEDS TO MAKE A SEQUEL. In other words, this film just does not do well standing alone if the viewer treats it as a sci-fi standalone film, coming in knowing zero about the Alien universe. That makes it a good addition to that universe, and also makes it heavily flawed just overall as a film. There is stuff people will NOT get right away, even Alien fans, until way, way later thinking or debating about it (not a bad thing), and then there is stuff there is absolutely no way to get unless there is a sequel to explain some of the huge things that have been introduced into the Alien universe. Just no way. At the same time, the movie is packed full of parts that leave you in awe in all kinds of ways. So, this is really a mixed bag......I would recommend it, but it's got some conditions................ The potential is enormous for where this story can go, which also means it can end up a massive failure.

Well said. it felt a little like the first Sherlock Holmes film a couple of years ago -an initial set-up for a sequel/franchise, rather than a stand-alone film. The basic premise of the film, without giving away spoilers, is about humanity's search for its origins. Where that goes from here (assuming there will be a sequel) will be very interesting.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:38 pm

WWE Raw (at least til beadtime then I tape the rest)
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 8:43 pm

DallasBlack wrote:

Same here (Cardinals are off tonight).

All this "Vince ragging on Johnny Ace" makes me think they're going to do a "swerve" and have Vince support him and turn total heel (which he's so much better at doing).

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 11, 2012 9:03 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:

Same here (Cardinals are off tonight).

All this "Vince ragging on Johnny Ace" makes me think they're going to do a "swerve" and have Vince support him and turn total heel (which he's so much better at doing).

I thought the same thing. It's just too convienient (sic). Especially now that Johhny is no longer the Vice President Of Talent Relations. Without an executive job, on-air talent is the only thing he has to be.
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:03 pm

Proemtheus 3D - cinema - very good just awesome
The Dictator - cinema - perfect
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:57 pm

S.D. wrote:

yep. I really have enjoyed this series.

exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 1:58 pm

Burn Notice

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:04 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Warehouse 13 is back in July, that's the one I'm really looking forward to.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:21 pm

S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Another good one. Eureka and WH13 were really complimentary shows.

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:32 pm

exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:
exact33 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

Another good one. Eureka and WH13 were really complimentary shows.

They take place in the same universe. WH13 was developed by Jane Espenson who was one of the lead producers/writers on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. You can see some similarity in the humor and how they deal with the interaction between the characters.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Quote :
They take place in the same universe. WH13 was developed by Jane Espenson who was one of the lead producers/writers on Buffy The Vampire Slayer. You can see some similarity in the humor and how they deal with the interaction between the characters.

Claudia from WH13 guested on a "Eureka" episode a season or two ago, and the computer geek guy from Eureka (don't know his name) returned the favor by appearing on WH13.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:05 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Claudia from WH13 guested on a "Eureka" episode a season or two ago, and the computer geek guy from Eureka (don't know his name) returned the favor by appearing on WH13.

Except it's backwards, Fargo showed up on WH13 first to upgrade the computer system (that's when he met Claudia), then the following season on Eureka she came to visit Fargo once he took over as head of Global Dynamics.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:08 pm

S.D. wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :

Except it's backwards, Fargo showed up on WH13 first to upgrade the computer system (that's when he met Claudia), then the following season on Eureka she came to visit Fargo once he took over as head of Global Dynamics.

My bad. Very Happy I don't watch "Eureka" regularly (though I love WH13) so I wasn't sure who crossed over to whose show first.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

My bad. Very Happy I don't watch "Eureka" regularly (though I love WH13) so I wasn't sure who crossed over to whose show first.

I never saw Eureka until after I had watched all 3 seasons of Warehouse 13, didn't even know the shows were related until I started reading up on WH13 on IMDB. The connection is what prompted me to watch Eureka.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:21 pm

Tron - Uprising
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm

Diarmaid MacCulloch's A History Of Christianity - finished up disc 6 (last of the series), very good documentary mini-series with an historical overview of Christianity.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:01 am

Suspect Zero
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:50 am

CSI: Miami
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 9:06 am

Pirates - Orioles game
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:11 am

Hollywood Treasure

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 14, 2012 8:15 am

Pirates Orioles game
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012   TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012 - Page 20 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TODAY I WATCHED (TV-series, Movies, Cinema Playlists) 2012
Page 20 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 30 ... 40  Next