Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions

Go down 
+13
chewie
DevZor
Joe
thejokeriv
T-Roy
bassman
jstate
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
exact33
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 8:42 am

Just a bizarre series between the Pens-Flyers. I thought certain the Pens were dead (especially with Neal,Adams, & Asham suspended) but they have a faint pulse still.

Oh and it's good to see Torres is suspended indefinitelt for the hit on Hossa.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:24 am

Well that was quite the dick-slap last night. 10 goals?!? Some teams don't score that many in the whole series.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 3:08 pm

Quote :
Oh and it's good to see Torres is suspended indefinitelt for the hit on Hossa.

Yep, hope that message hits. Good, clean hits are great, get dirty and get out.

WTH Flyers?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:06 pm

The Flyers spent the entire second period in the penalty box. As I read on one blog:

Quote :
Not only did the refs want to avoid a “circus”…. they clearly wanted to help avoid a sweep as well. How else do you explain 7 strait power plays for the Pens, including 14 minutes of power play time in the 2nd period in which the Pens scored 3 strait pp goals that made the game 7-3. A couple of the penelties, especially the 4 minutes for Rinaldo, might have been well deserved…. but find another playoff game in history that has one team getting seven strait power plays, especially when they have the lead.

I know the refs wanted to keep things under constrol, but cheap (considering its a playoff game) holding the stick and interference calls have nothing to do with that.

Not only did they NOT avoid it being a circus, they created the circus.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 7:47 pm

wow - the flyers got blasted last night.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 10:41 am

Nice to see the Sharks blowing it yet again. Love being the "Choke Masters" of the NHL every year.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:35 pm

It's tradition.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:31 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Nice to see the Sharks blowing it yet again. Love being the "Choke Masters" of the NHL every year.

Last year, they made it to the Western Conference Finals, although they very nearly let a series they led 3-0 go in the Western Conference Semi-Finals against Detroit. I do remember thinking San Jose deserved to win at least one of the games they lost in the Western Conference Finals against Vancouver.

This year, they had a disappointing regular season, which can be a blessing in disguise sometimes when the playoffs come along, but not this time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 3:41 pm

Required Fields wrote:
T-Roy wrote:

Last year, they made it to the Western Conference Finals, although they very nearly let a series they led 3-0 go in the Western Conference Semi-Finals against Detroit. I do remember thinking San Jose deserved to win at least one of the games they lost in the Western Conference Finals against Vancouver.

This year, they had a disappointing regular season, which can be a blessing in disguise sometimes when the playoffs come along, but not this time.
No, i agree completely. I've been pissed and disappointed all season long, but kept thinking the same thing. NOT.

Honestly, I think it's time for Doug Wilson to go. He's revamped this roster several times and held three fantastic coaches accountable, dumped players at the trade deadline to scare/motivate the team several times......it's time to hold him accountable. He aint gonna get it done, IMO. He's been GM for over 10 years now?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 4:26 pm

I hate the Sharks!

Hopefully the Kings will take down the Canucks. Destroy the best then take down the rest! GO KINGS!

I hate the Penguins. If the Flyers don't make it to the finals, I don't care as long as they stop the Penguins in the first round. GO FLYERS!

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:09 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I hate the Sharks!

Hopefully the Kings will take down the Canucks. Destroy the best then take down the rest! GO KINGS!

I hate the Penguins. If the Flyers don't make it to the finals, I don't care as long as they stop the Penguins in the first round. GO FLYERS!

thats Right!! Go Flyers!!

Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 pm

Good game between the Flyers and Penguins tonight!
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 12:48 pm

Yep, and the Flyers should be a little nervous. Thank-you Preds for showing Detroit the door.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 1:06 pm

Torres got 25 games.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 2:12 pm

The Blues are coming along nicely........nothing too flashy, just getting the job done.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 3:28 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Yep, and the Flyers should be a little nervous. Thank-you Preds for showing Detroit the door.

Agreed on both accounts. Bye Bye "Hockey town"!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 4:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:
Good game between the Flyers and Penguins tonight!

Would have been better if they won. Seems the Flyers always have to do everything the hard way. Really hoping they knock the Pens out of the playoffs. I friggin' hate the Penguins!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 6:46 pm

Caps won today!!!!!! BTW - check out the Capital's goal horn song \m/:

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2012 11:53 pm

Nice.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Not a Caps fan, but rather see them win over Boston.

Not an Arizona fan either, but would like to see them move on over Chicago.

Glad to see the Sharks out. See ya!

Hoping to see the Flyers finish off the Pens today. GO FLYERS!

Still have hope for the KINGS to polish off the President Trophy winners! GO KINGS!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 2:57 pm

Well, ultmetal, you got your wish. The Flyers are off to the second round.

I'm more of a Penguins guy, but it was a very exciting series, regardless of who won.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 4:36 pm

I passionately hate the Pens. If the Flyers don't get any further than this, at least they took out the Crosby and the Pens.

Now it's the KINGS turn to finish things off. GO KINGS!

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 5:26 pm

Thank-You Flyers.
Back to top Go down
Big Rich
Metal master
Metal master
Big Rich

Number of posts : 675

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 6:44 pm

Bye bye Penguins. take your pathetic arrogant asses to the golf course.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 22, 2012 10:57 pm

ultmetal, you sure got lucky today. Both of your teams are off to the second round.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next