Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions

Go down 
+13
chewie
DevZor
Joe
thejokeriv
T-Roy
bassman
jstate
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
exact33
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 9:58 pm

EASTERN CONFERENCE

New York Rangers [1] vs. Ottawa Senators [8]
The New York Rangers shocked the hockey world by finishing at the top of the Eastern Conference (last season, they had the 8th and final playoff seed). They face the Ottawa Senators in the opening round. Ottawa are a more offense minded team than New York is, having scored 249 goals in comparison to New York's 226. The Rangers clearly have the better advantage in terms of goaltending, with one of the league's best goaltenders in Henrik Lundqvist. Ottawa won the regular season series 3-1.
Prediction: New York Rangers in five games.

Boston Bruins [2] vs. Washington Capitals [7]
Many people expected the Washington Capitals to finish towards the top of the Eastern Conference, but had a disappointing regular season with injuries. However, some can call their rather disappointing seventh seed position a blessing in disguise if they are able to regain the form they had in recent regular seasons. They face the defending Stanley Cup Champions, the Boston Bruins, in the opening round. Boston hopes to become the first team to win consecutive Stanley Cups since Detroit turned the trick in 1997 and 1998. The two teams have met twice in the playoffs before, with Boston winning in 1990 (in the Wales Conference Finals) and Washington getting revenge in 1998 (winning in the opening round). Both times, the winning team went on to appear in the Stanley Cup Finals that year, with Boston losing to Edmonton in five games in 1990, and Washington was swept by Detroit in 1998.
Prediction: Boston Bruins in seven games.

Florida Panthers [3] vs. New Jersey Devils [6]
Few expected the Florida Panthers to even make the Stanley Cup Playoffs at the start of the season, let alone win the Southeast Division, their first division title in team history. But with excellent goaltending and great defense, the Panthers find themselves with home ice advantage in the opening round. However, the New Jersey Devils played much better hockey down the stretch, with a 7-2-1 record in their last 10 games, in comparison to Florida's 2-3-5 record in their last 10. One can make the assumption that Florida may be trying to save their better games for the playoffs. The only other meeting the teams have had in the playoffs was in 2000, when the Devils swept the Panthers in four straight. Florida has been a playoff bust since their sole Stanley Cup Finals appearance in 1996, having either missed the playoffs entirely or being eliminated in the opening round every year since.
Prediction: Florida Panthers in seven games.

Pittsburgh Penguins [4] vs. Philadelphia Flyers [5]
This is the matchup most fans have been waiting for. The Penguins were without Sidney Crosby in the playoffs last year, and bowed out in the opening round, whereas most would have believed they could have gone much further with him in the lineup. The Flyers and Penguins last met each other in the playoffs in 2009, when the Penguins defeated the Flyers in the opening round and went on to win their first Stanley Cup since 1992. Philadelphia won the regular season series 4-2.
Prediction: Pittsburgh Penguins in seven games.

WESTERN CONFERENCE

Vancouver Canucks [1] vs. Los Angeles Kings [8]
The Canucks finished with the best regular season record for the second straight season after defeating Edmonton 3-0 in the final game of the regular season. The Los Angeles Kings have only made one Stanley Cup Finals appearance thus far, and have not advanced beyond the first round of the playoffs since 2001. Los Angeles played great hockey down the stretch, and should be a competitive team for the Canucks in the opening round. Goaltender Jonathan Quick, who had 10 shutouts in the regular season, is the main reason the Kings are in the playoffs.
Prediction: Vancouver Canucks in six games.

St. Louis Blues [2] vs. San Jose Sharks [7]
The St. Louis Blues are back in the playoffs for the first time since 2008-09, and surprised many people by finishing first in the Central Division. Goaltending was the key for the Blues, as goaltender Brian Elliott set an NHL record for best save percentage in a season, with a phenomenal .940 save percentage. The San Jose Sharks, expected by many to take the Pacific Division title, had a rather disappointing season, and go into the playoffs as an underdog. St. Louis won all four matchups against the Sharks during the regular season.
Prediction: St. Louis Blues in five games.

Phoenix Coyotes [3] vs. Chicago Blackhawks [6]
The Phoenix Coyotes wrapped up their surprise 2011-12 season with their first ever division title. They did this on the strength of goaltender Mike Smith, who had three shutouts in a row towards the end of the season, and set an NHL record for most saves in a regulation shutout victory, with 54 saves in a 2-0 win over Columbus on April 3. This marks the first appearance between the Coyotes and Blackhawks in the playoffs. The Blackhawks and Coyotes met four times during the regular season, with the Coyotes winning the regular season series, going 2-1-1. The Coyotes have not won a playoff series since 1987, when the franchise was located in Winnipeg.
Prediction: Phoenix Coyotes in seven games.

Nashville Predators [4] vs. Detroit Red Wings [5]
The Predators meet their Central Division opponent the Detroit Red Wings for the third time in franchise history. The Detroit Red Wings won the previous two first round matchups, in 2004 and in 2008, both times in six games. In both previous meetings, Detroit had home ice advantage; the Predators have it this time. Detroit actually had a losing record away from home this season (17-21-3), with only the Washington Capitals having a weaker road record among playoff teams. The season series was 3-3.
Prediction: Nashville Predators in seven games.

Last edited by Required Fields on Mon Apr 09, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 09, 2012 11:12 pm

And again the Avs tank. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions 798255 I will pull for the Blackhawks and Bruins to meet in the finals and root for anyone who plays the Red Wings.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 7:56 am

Go Flyers!!! Take the dirty Penguins and their crybaby Cindy out of the playoffs!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am

PENGUINS all the way !!!!!!!

I hope.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:00 am

Dark Horseman wrote:
And again the Avs tank. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions 798255.

Too bad i would love to see another Playoff series like 2008 against them. You know, when Franzen was enough to kill them Cool

Red Wings in 4 hopefully, realistically it will be in 6 i guess, unless they can turn completely into Playoff mode
It would really suck to lose against that stupid, ugly expansion team without any history and crap fans who stole our tradition

And i hope the Flyers kick out Pittsburgh, that would make my day. Besides, they deserve it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 9:37 am

I'll be surprised if my Flyers make it past the first round.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 10:26 am

Maybe the disappointing regular season will reverse the tide of the usual disaster that is the playoffs for the Caps. Ah, who am I kidding.

I like the Kings to take out the Canucks provided they start the series strong. Game one will be the tell for the Kings.

The sleeper pick for me will the Coyotes.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:48 pm

Blues for the win! All the way to the Cup.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:45 pm

THE SHARKS ARE GOING TO KICK THE BLUE'S ASS!!!
THEN WE WILL KICK.....THE NEXT TEAMS ASS
AND THEN.....WE WILL KICK THE ASS OF THE TEAM AFTER THAT
THEN....THE ASS OF WHOEVER KICKED ALL THE ASSES IN THE EASTERN CONFERENCE....WILL BE KICKED BY THE SHARKS.

There will be no more choking of the hammerhead allowed. We must and will win it all. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions 706602
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 4:58 pm

Caps are going to get into a game 7 situation...... and then to the surprise of absolutely no Caps fan, they will do what they always do to us and lose
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 5:23 pm

The Flyers are impressive. 0:3 after the first period...winning in OT 4:3. Amazing!

I saw the Predators - Red Wings game and i wonder what was wrong with thr refs, both teams got penaltys that were laughable as if the refs hated to watch 5 on 5 hockey.
What Weber did to Zetterberg after the game was....i don't know, i could understand such a reaction after a loss, but his team won, him going apeshit, smashing Zetterbergs Head at the glass...it's a disgrace

And the Kings beat Vancouver, again, amazin, the Kings are the big surprise this season, somehow like Tampa Bay last season.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Flyers would do a lot better if they stopped spotting the opposition a 2 or 3 goal lead.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeThu Apr 12, 2012 11:50 pm

I loathe the Red Wings but that was absolutely terrible.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 7:50 am

Yep, I hate the Red Wings too but that stuff does not belong in the game at all. I saw Weber got fined (only $2500 ?) but he should also be suspended a game or 2 also.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 12:43 pm

bassman wrote:
How was the game? I didnt see it...just the results.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 8:32 pm

T-Roy wrote:
bassman wrote:

I didn't see it either.........working crazy long hours right now.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 10:29 pm

007 wrote:
Yep, I hate the Red Wings too but that stuff does not belong in the game at all. I saw Weber got fined (only $2500 ?) but he should also be suspended a game or 2 also.

1 game. 2 would've been too much but 1. It was a joke and 2500 Dollar fine is also a joke for a guy who makes 7,5 million this season (and really, that one coach got fined 20.000$ for critisizing the referees and Weber attacked Zettberg (his helmet was cracked) and gets away with that joke)

Speaking of the referees they have been pathetic in those 2 games. The Red Wings and the Predators were the two least penalized teams in the regular season and now you get the impression both teams are compromissed out of Ogie Oglethorpe-clones.

At least we won this time.
I am excited to see game 3 live in Detroit on sunday Very Happy

And what is going on between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia? Laughing very hard
The first game was embarrassing for the Penguins, losing after a 3:0 lead but what happened today? They were several times in the lead, one time even 3:1 and then lost 5:8 lol!
Claude Giroux is just amazing, 3 goals and 3 assists, 6 points. Awesome, just awesome. Sean Couturier also with a hattrick and an assists.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 11:07 pm

Go Flyers!!! the Pens are trying to make the big hit instead of playing D. It is amusing both Talbot and Jagr scored tonight.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 11:43 am

Yeah the Pens look weak for whatever reason. Gutless is the word that comes to mind. Down 2 - nothing is not insurmountable but is certainly very difficult. It's been done before (even 3 down has been overcome) but I don't see it happening this time.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 12:20 pm

Kings up two and coming home! Looking good so far. Quick has held strong, good penalty kill, and two short handed goals. The Canucks are rattled.
Back to top Go down
Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 12:07 pm

bassman wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
bassman wrote:

I didn't see it either.........working crazy long hours right now.

Game 1 was a great game for Sharks' fans, and an agonizing one for Blues' fans. Sharks scored a goal in the first period and it was 1-0 for the the first two. Blues scored 2 in a row and it looked as if they had the game wrapped up. Sharks tied the game late to take it to overtime. The majority of the first overtime was spent on the Sharks side of the ice as Niemi was faced with a barage of shots. He played his ass off. Sharks scored to take the game in the second overtime.

Game 2 was closer than the score indicates. First Blues' goal was scored when Vlasic tried to clear the puck and knocked it into his own net! (I know where this dude lives, BTW.) haha.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:35 pm

well the cheap shot artists Penguins lost again. All people do is talk about how dirty the Flyers are but when Neale leaves his feet, leads with his arm on a player when the puck isnt even close and doesnt get a major is dumb.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:55 pm

The Flyers offense is on fire. Surprised at the Detroit/Nashville game and can expect a lot of crying by Wings fans but the Preds came out smoking.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I missed the game (didn't miss much) because I was out cutting grass. I came in and caught the score at the start of third and saw what was happening. Pens are just being outplayed,outcoached,out everything. Looks like they'll be hitting the links early this year.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 10:24 am

The Flyers have been suprisingly entertaining thus far. I hope they can carry that momentum into the next game and next round.

Wednesday's game should be interesting. The Pens are gonna be fighting like cornered rats. I'm anticipating lotsa game delays and gloves on the ice.

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: