Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions

Go down 
+13
chewie
DevZor
Joe
thejokeriv
T-Roy
bassman
jstate
MetalGuy71
ShadowAngel
exact33
Dark Horseman
Required Fields
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 6:57 pm

T-Roy wrote:
HOLY COW! I'm surprised at Phoenix! They made quick work of the 'Hawks.
Since when is six games (five of which were OT) considered quick work?

I can't believe that game six either. The Hawks just couldn't buy one. Shots 16-2 in the first, 28-8 after two. Ultimately it was the crap-trastic special teams that killed the Hawks.

Smith is a monster goalie too. And the Coyotes have a real nice defensive core too. Top notch veteran players in Derek Morris, Rusty Klesla, Michal Roszival and even Adrian Aucoin. And the two youngsters they have are actually league elite (Yandle & O.E.L).

I don't know if their offense is enough to get by the Preds though.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 24, 2012 10:27 pm

NJ fights back for a game 7 in Florida. Winner of this game takes on the mighty Orange Crush. GO FLYERS!

Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 6:28 am

ultmetal wrote:
NJ fights back for a game 7 in Florida. Winner of this game takes on the mighty Orange Crush. GO FLYERS!
Top seed will play the bottom seed, and with three games going to game 7, it's not possible to tell who the Flyers play yet. They could even get home ice against the Senators, if all top seeds (NYR, BOS and FLA) lose. Or start on the road against the Rangers, if all division champions win. Or anything in between.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:22 am

There have some really good series this year.

T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:27 am

ultmetal wrote:
"THE DEVILS!!!!!! THE DEVILS!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:44 am

Lari wrote:
T-Roy wrote:
HOLY COW! I'm surprised at Phoenix! They made quick work of the 'Hawks.
Since when is six games (five of which were OT) considered quick work?

I can't believe that game six either. The Hawks just couldn't buy one. Shots 16-2 in the first, 28-8 after two. Ultimately it was the crap-trastic special teams that killed the Hawks.

Smith is a monster goalie too. And the Coyotes have a real nice defensive core too. Top notch veteran players in Derek Morris, Rusty Klesla, Michal Roszival and even Adrian Aucoin. And the two youngsters they have are actually league elite (Yandle & O.E.L).

I don't know if their offense is enough to get by the Preds though.
Dominated....maybe that's a better description? 'Yotes....who have almost no playoff history, dispatching a recent Stanley Cup champ, shutting them out to close the deal in game six...winning all 3 games in Chi-town....I call that short work considering the context. The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 499945
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 1:44 pm

Well, I'm pretty much done with the playoff's. Hate the Queens, the Dogs and everybody else in the West. And Boston is out.

I'll be pulling for the Flyers I guess. Philly is long over due for cup.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:04 pm

CAPS!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 2:27 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
CAPS!!!!!!!!!

Sure wish they would've won that year they went to finals with Kolzig, Bondra, Simon, Jenau and I think Hunter was there for that finals. That was a great team.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:30 pm

Quote :

Well, I'm pretty much done with the playoff's. Hate the Queens, the Dogs and everybody else in the West. And Boston is out.

Don't hate LA but I agree with the rest.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 3:44 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Quote :

Don't hate LA but I agree with the rest.
lol!
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:37 pm

Predicting the playoffs is a crapshoot, as always.

In the west, I picked the Canucks, Sharks, Predators and the Blackhawks. That's 1 out of 4 I got right.

In the east, I have the Senators, Capitals, Devils and the Penguins. 1 out of 2 with two to go.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 4:52 pm

Wow - just read this story. Boston has some a-hole racist fans:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-04-26/joel-ward-interview/54557232/1
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 5:15 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hockey/nhl/story/2012-04-26/joel-ward-interview/54557232/1

Unfortunately, I wouldn't just limit it to Boston. Racist a-holes fans are everywhere.

Quote :
Philly is long over due for cup.

While that first round was fun and exciting, I'm not getting my hopes up. I've seen this movie too many times before and I know that it ends poorly.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 11:43 pm

thejokeriv wrote:

and people say Philly fans have a lack of class...

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 9:58 am

Flyers and the Devils. Hooo-boy!!

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:07 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Flyers and the Devils. Hooo-boy!!

yep. Another great matchup!

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:57 am

I predict the Flyers won't score as much.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:47 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
So let it be written....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:54 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:

I'd agree with you, however noone would have predicted the last round seeing over 50 goals scored either. Shocked

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 1:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

I'd agree with you, however noone would have predicted the last round seeing over 50 goals scored either. Shocked
Not a good series to be a goalie!! affraid
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:21 pm

Lol Boston U mad?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:03 pm

Go Blues!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions   The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: First round predictions
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5