Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions

Go down 
+3
Required Fields
DevZor
ultmetal
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Empty
PostSubject: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:32 pm

Kings

Devils

GO KINGS!

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

Number of posts : 336

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:30 pm

These are my picks as well. I've been cheering for the kings through the playoffs so far. I'm hoping they win, but if the devils do... My feelings won't be to hurt. It would be cool to see Martin brodeur grab one more cup before his career is done.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:47 pm

I pick New York over New Jersey in six, and Los Angeles over Phoenix in six as well.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Kings take game one on the road! GO KINGS!

I don't care who wins the East. They both suck IMO!

Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6337

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 6:05 am

While we're waiting for the East finals to start, as a reminder, here's the puck drop from the last game between the Rangers and the Devils:

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 8:26 am

At this point I don't really care too much. I guess I'll take the Devils over the Rangers and the Coyotes over the Kings,just because I have family in the Phoenix area.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

I think it's pretty darned exciting. The Kings nor the Coyotes have ever won the cup. The Coyotes have never even made it to the finals. The Rangers and the Devils are older teams with older guys on the team. It should be an interesting Cup series no matter who wins, though obviously I'm hoping the Kings will win the cup.

GO KINGS!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeMon May 14, 2012 9:05 pm

I'm OK with anyone but New Jersey winning the Stanley Cup this year.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2012 3:58 pm

NJ was steamrolled last night.

Kings vs. Coyotes. Game 2 TONIGHT! GO KINGS! The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   706602

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:01 am

Snap! LA is just killing it. What is this, a 7 game winning streak
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 12:43 pm

Kings run over the Coyotes last night. The Coyotes were on their heels and started playing dirty. Hopefully Smith and Doan will get suspended for their cheap shots.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeWed May 16, 2012 1:06 pm

Kings are looking amazing all the way around.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeFri May 18, 2012 7:17 pm

Three down, five wins to go! GO KINGS GO!

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 3:15 am

My friend Lorne Tompkins (the guitar player for Unbidden) joked on Facebook that Wayne Gretzky rigged the playoffs this year. He pointed out that Los Angeles and Phoenix are in the Western Conference Finals; Gretzky played for Los Angeles for many years and was once the coach for Phoenix. Los Angeles also beat St. Louis, who he had a brief stint with. In the East, the New York Rangers (who Gretzky finished his career with) are playing New Jersey. As for Edmonton, they'll just get first overall picks for all eternity.

I joked that New Jersey's presence may just be bad karma for what he said about them in the early 1980s (he said that the Devils seemed to have a Mickey Mouse operation on the ice).
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 1:58 pm

Today downtown LA is going to be crazy with the Kings and Clippers both playing at the Staples Center and the Dodgers on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball.

Looking forward for the Kings to finish this off.

Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:26 pm

Despite nearly twice as many shots on goal, the Kings go down 2 - 0 against Arizona. LA up 3 games to 1.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeSun May 20, 2012 7:45 pm

Let's hope we take it Tuesday in Phoenix.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:53 am

Congrats Scott. One more mountain to climb.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 10:37 am

I am surprised Scott hasn't shown up here ecstatic.

The Kings are only the second eighth seeded team to ever make it to the Stanley Cup Finals. I hope the Kings take it all this year, mainly because it would be really cool to see an eighth seeded team win the Stanley Cup. Also, because the Kings have yet to win the Stanley Cup.
Back to top Go down
DevZor
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
DevZor

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 12:04 am

Required Fields wrote:

The Kings are only the second eighth seeded team to ever make it to the Stanley Cup Finals.

Yeah the Oilers! That was a great (albeit I'll-fated) run. I still think that if Caroline hadn't injured roloson in game one the oil would have had it in 5. Anywho, I'm really pulling for LA to pull this off. I think they may even have a player or two from that 06 Edmonton team. Jared Stole immediately comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2012 8:38 am

Yeah,seeing as the Kings have never done it before,I'd like to see them take it all.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions    The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions   Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs: Third round predictions
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: