Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Band Boycotts Itself

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Band Boycotts Itself Empty
PostSubject: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:18 pm

Interesting interview. Skip to the 13 minute mark. Comments? opinions?

Last edited by GrandNational on Tue Mar 20, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:25 pm

That was interesting.

It just shows how far behind the technology the legal rules are.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Getizzyback

Number of posts : 428

PostSubject: Re: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:04 pm

Interesting, I watched the whole thing lol

Down with those crooks and opportunists!

In all fairness, if you're in a group that is extremely popular, I can see the possible need for the "middle man" to sell, promote, and create your music and products, but that is up to the band as they start out. So be careful and talk to lawyers before you sign managers, and record deals!

Todays internet makes it much easier to advertise and promote yourselves, so people should take advantage of it. Bands in the old days had no choice.

It seriously all starts out with a promise from some dude that says "I'm gonna make you a star"!

I personally hate these reality shows, where people are handpicked from who knows what to become glorified on TV. It's all so controlled by people who are choosing what YOU ARE going to like in the future.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:19 pm

Interesting but when their fans go to their shows they won't know any of the songs because they didn't buy the album lol!

PostSubject: Re: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 8:24 pm

They won't have to worry about that, they will get more publicity from this stunt than anything else. Plus they are asking their fans to download their music online, so I have a feeling the crowd will know the songs.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Band Boycotts Itself   Band Boycotts Itself Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Band Boycotts Itself
Page 1 of 1