Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Perry - Street Talk

Go down 
+5
exact33
speed101
manny
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Steve Perry - Street Talk  Empty
PostSubject: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:32 pm

I assume this is his first solo album. I got it at Best Buy for real cheap. It has the hit song "Oh Sherry". Overall, it's a good R&B influenced rock album (a little lighter than Journey).

Last edited by Troublezone on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 6:34 pm

I like the album, its enjoyable AOR album, not one I spin very often but still good album and better then Neal Schon's solo efforts.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39594

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 8:04 pm

Good stuff ! I also like the tunes She's Mine and Strung Out.
Back to top Go down
speed101
Metal master
Metal master
speed101

Number of posts : 516

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:49 am

Theres also the song Foolish Heart which was a hit in 1984.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:55 pm

manny wrote:
I like the album, its enjoyable AOR album, not one I spin very often but still good album and better then Neal Schon's solo efforts.

same here. Its good when I am in the mood but I havent listened to it forever...

stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 10:12 pm

I like his solo stuff but mainly I just listen to the hits. Havent heard the whole album in a while.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeMon Jan 30, 2012 2:08 pm

I played this album to death when it came out. I don't think I've even upgraded it to disc. I know I thought about buying it one time when I saw it in a discount bin. It probably has been almost 25 years since I've listened to it. I remember at the time it was the height of my Journey fandom thanks to Escape and that Atari game.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeWed Feb 01, 2012 12:22 pm

I've always enjoyed the extended version of the video for "Oh Sherrie". Very rarely do you see this version anymore. It was so 80's, yet still so cool. Music videos though cheesy back in the day weren't this over elaborate Hollywood short movie crap that they became in the 90's and beyond. It was not about who can spend more for the bigger and better directors, which it became later on. Sometimes simple is just better.

Last edited by metalinmyveins on Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37646

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 3:45 pm

metalinmyveins wrote:

Haven't seen the "complete" version of this video in forever... forgot how funny that opening is ("I can't do this! This is ridiculous!")

...funny, for some reason I always thought that the female executive-type who chats w/Steve was played by Fran Drescher, though I can see now that it's not her... I guess cuz she looks very similar to Fran's "Bobbi Flekman" character from "Spinal Tap."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 6:46 pm

That is such a great video. I believe the woman playing "Sherrie" was Steve Perry's actual girlfriend at the time. Which makes it even better.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 9:36 pm

jstate wrote:
That is such a great video. I believe the woman playing "Sherrie" was Steve Perry's actual girlfriend at the time. Which makes it even better.

I had forgotten about that vid! Classic!!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry - Street Talk    Steve Perry - Street Talk  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Perry - Street Talk
Page 1 of 1