Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Perry turns 65 today.

Go down 
+2
manny
Dark Horseman
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Empty
PostSubject: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:44 am

And I feel very old all of a sudden.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 11:59 am

Just don't stop believing and remember sir that the wheel in the sky keeps on turning.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:23 pm

Wow that is amazing. I can't believe he's that old, but that just means I'm getting old too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 12:43 pm

He evidently made enough money to stay primarily retired for the last 28 years. I don't think I ever heard him again after Raised On Radio, though checking wikipedia he evidently recorded a solo album in 1994 that I never even knew existed.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39597

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeWed Jan 22, 2014 1:16 pm

S.D. wrote:
He evidently made enough money to stay primarily retired for the last 28 years.  I don't think I ever heard him again after Raised On Radio, though checking wikipedia he evidently recorded a solo album in 1994 that I never even knew existed.  

For The Love Of Strange Medicine ?  I only ever heard the lead off single (You Better Wait) to it that I liked quite a bit.

Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 11:05 am

S.D. wrote:
He evidently made enough money to stay primarily retired for the last 28 years.  I don't think I ever heard him again after Raised On Radio, though checking wikipedia he evidently recorded a solo album in 1994 that I never even knew existed.  

Steve also recorded "Trial By Fire" with Journey in 1996. Good album, but the album suffers from the fact that there are 15 tracks.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeSat Jan 25, 2014 5:06 pm

I'm sure those Oh Sherie royalties were pretty substantial. For some reason I always thought of Perry and really the other Journey dudes as older even in their heyday on MTV. I suppose in reality they were. And not for nothing, but along with the music Journey will always be tied to my favorite Atari 2600 game Journey Escape. Did I ever love that game.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeSun Jan 26, 2014 12:21 am

007 wrote:
S.D. wrote:

For The Love Of Strange Medicine ?  I only ever heard the lead off single (You Better Wait) to it that I liked quite a bit.

I have this album on cassette and it is actually pretty damn good
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitimeTue Apr 01, 2014 12:02 am

old indeed.... I was in the 8th grade when Escape came out.... sheesh....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry turns 65 today.    Steve Perry turns 65 today.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Perry turns 65 today.
Page 1 of 1