Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?

Go down 
+40
brokentulsa
dark avenger
Sword Of The Heretic
DeathCult
jstate
allthingsmetal
kmorg
adrian
Lari
Andy
Troublezone
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
Vexer6
MoonChild
James B.
TheGreatDuck
Leatherface
stepcousin
ProgDoom
DallasBlack
rawr!
manny
Cognitive Dissonance
ultmetal
Spiner202
Nico
MEGATRON
Wurthless
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
firestarter
metalhead777
Stender
Alex Dee Rokket
Tur-Thalion
mc666
tohostudios
exact33
EmoElmo
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Andy wrote:
Anything with -core tacked on the end is false metal and should not be considered as part of the broader genre.

I listen to everything within the banner of true metal. I dig everything from AC/DC to Emperor.

However, I do not care much for groove metal or nu metal or any and all fusion genres resulting from them, such as rap metal. To me they are disrespectful to the musical formula that is the basis for the music that I love and hold dear.
ΒΈ

LOL.
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6338

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:46 pm

I think 99% of metal is crap. Totally inaudible.

But the 1% makes it all worth it and metal is still by far my favourite genre of music.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Andy wrote:
Anything with -core tacked on the end is false metal

Earlier Grindcore (ie. Carcass) and Hardcore (ie. Pro-Pain) styles I believe are true metal, these are the only exceptions that I forgot to mention
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
Andy wrote:

Earlier Grindcore (ie. Carcass) and Hardcore (ie. Pro-Pain) styles I believe are true metal, these are the only exceptions that I forgot to mention

Exactly, I wont make a statement about which metal is true or not but that early metal core sh*t was indeed rad. I love bands like Integrity, later era living sacrifice, Zao, Strife, Earth crisis, etc.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:10 pm

Not that I hate it, but I've never really gotten into black metal. Same goes for folk metal.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 4:47 am

Industrial metal is perhaps my longest hated metal genre. Back in the 80's and early 90's I loved all kinds of metal, and there wasn't a band I thought was bad, as long as it fit somewehere under the hard rock/metal umbrella. Mind you, this could mean anything from Uriah Heep to Cinderella to Iron Maiden to Metallica. It was all good. Then industrial metal showed up, and I just hated it! Mortal, Circle of Dust, NIN, Tool etc. Just, UGH!

Nowadays I also dislike emo, nu-metal, death-core/metal-core, rap-metal and those newer bands with really aggressive riffs, but silky smooth pop-vocals!

Metal student
Metal student
allthingsmetal

Number of posts : 231

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 7:57 am

I like metal a cross the genres but the ones that have not ever really clicked for me are:
--black metal (and I have a hard time getting into other 'genres' with blackened vocals).
--doom metal
--stoner metal
--power metal with 'happy-lite-cheesy keyboards'
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:43 pm

Most symphonic metal bores me. I went through a very brief phase about five years ago where I couldn't get enough of it. But that ended pretty quick. I've tried to go back to some of it, but it just does nothing for me.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
i like something of everything i guess.

This is pretty much me as well. The only sub-genre I don't own anything thing from is Nu-Metal. What people think of as "hardcore" now is my least favorite behind that, closely followed by the majority of power metal. I spend more time thinking about what I like then what sucks though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 pm

Stender wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Andy wrote:

Exactly, I wont make a statement about which metal is true or not but that early metal core sh*t was indeed rad. I love bands like Integrity, later era living sacrifice, Zao, Strife, Earth crisis, etc.

Please don't ever refer to Carcass as "metal core" again Stendy, it's GRINDCORE damnit! lol!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:00 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Stender wrote:
EmoElmo wrote:
Andy wrote:

Please don't ever refer to Carcass as "metal core" again Stendy, it's GRINDCORE damnit! lol!

I was referring to Pro pain and hardcore, but damnit, forgive me!
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:02 pm

metalcore should be censored here as 'thegenrethatshallneverbementionedagain'. ha.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:45 pm

^ I'd take love-themed Cheese AOR over Metalcore/Deathcore anyday
Back to top Go down
Sword Of The Heretic
Metal master
Metal master
Sword Of The Heretic

Number of posts : 602

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 10:50 pm

I love nu-metal, especially K-O-R-N. But I can't stand metalcore.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 8:17 am

I like Disturbed - at least the last three albums.

dark avenger
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 54

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 25, 2011 10:39 am

EmoElmo wrote:
rawr! wrote:
i dont consider nu metal a subgenre of metal (i feel thats like saying postpunk is punk) but i cant stand any of it. any time metal is infiltrated by pop influences i find myself turned off.

I remember the time when my cousin gave me his copy of Annihilator's "All For You" , I was pretty ecstatic for 15 minutes browsing thru the inlay artworks and all... but the moment i began listening to it, I couldn't believe what i was hearing affraid

Groove Metal ain't that bad, as long as you listen to those 'influential' early 90's stuff like "Vulgar Display Of Power", "La Sexorcisto (Groove?)" and "Burn My Eyes" ...

I personnally think Burn My Eyes is horrible.

So i guess any kind of metal that sounds too close to Machine Head, is the kind of metal i don't like.
Back to top Go down
brokentulsa
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 7:09 pm

Death Metal
Rap Metal
Grunge
Thrash
Hardcore
Punk Metal
Nu Metal
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 9:37 pm

Power Metal for the most part for me
Black Metal

I wouldnt say I hate them but theyre just not my cup of tea, Hate is such a strong word
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 27, 2011 11:25 pm

Addy wrote:
Hate is such a strong word

Plus, I'd take any of these genres over Jonas Sisters or Justin Bibber anyday.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 2:31 pm

Just tried to listen to the band White Trash, and realized: I HATE FUNK/METAL crossover!!

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

White guys trying to play funk or groove type music always cracks me up to no end.

George Carlin - "Face it, you're white...and you're lame."

Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 4:47 pm

kmorg wrote:
Just tried to listen to the band White Trash, and realized: I HATE FUNK/METAL crossover!!

Is that from the early 90's??? Try Fungo Mungo or Psychefunkapus, both from the SF Bay Area F/M scene.
Back to top Go down
Gryphon-kl
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1346

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 10:44 pm

Sub-genres that are generally much more miss than hit for me:

1. Nu-metal: I've never heard anything in this that inspired me to look for anything else by the band.
2. Metalcore: About the same situation as nu-metal, although I'm not as sure what falls into this category (everything I've heard that I'm sure is, I do not like).
3. Black metal: In general, I just don't like the vocals.
4. Death metal: Same problem as black metal, although the technical and melodic sub-genres offset this somewhat.

I'm pretty sure I haven't heard any deathcore. Given the above list, I'm not exactly interested in doing anything to change that. Laughing
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 7:42 am

chewie wrote:
kmorg wrote:

Is that from the early 90's??? Try Fungo Mungo or Psychefunkapus, both from the SF Bay Area F/M scene.

Yeah, 1991. The cover art and the band photo made me believe this was some Suicidal Tendencies kind off stuff. This is what I got:

If anyone here like this, I'll be glad to rid myself of the CD.

Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 10, 2011 8:55 am

I do .Very Happy
Too bad I don't have the money right now....And the shipping would probably cost a lot...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next