Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?

Go down 
+40
brokentulsa
dark avenger
Sword Of The Heretic
DeathCult
jstate
allthingsmetal
kmorg
adrian
Lari
Andy
Troublezone
Lurideath
Metal Misfit
Vexer6
MoonChild
James B.
TheGreatDuck
Leatherface
stepcousin
ProgDoom
DallasBlack
rawr!
manny
Cognitive Dissonance
ultmetal
Spiner202
Nico
MEGATRON
Wurthless
Fat Freddy
stevegarveyfan
firestarter
metalhead777
Stender
Alex Dee Rokket
Tur-Thalion
mc666
tohostudios
exact33
EmoElmo
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:32 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
Death Metal
Black Metal
Metalcore (or anything "core")
Nu-Metal
Rap Metal
Thrash metal (although I still like Megadeth a bit)
Grunge
Power Metal
Speed Metal
Folk Metal
Glam Metal

etc, etc...

So do you still like any metal at all?

I guess the only thing you left out is ye olde heavy metal... or is that off the list too?

Just Dio..ha.
Back to top Go down
MEGATRON
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
MEGATRON

Number of posts : 364

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:53 pm

Alex Dee Rokket wrote:
MEGATRON wrote:
Death Metal
Black Metal
Metalcore (or anything "core")
Nu-Metal
Rap Metal
Thrash metal (although I still like Megadeth a bit)
Grunge
Power Metal
Speed Metal
Folk Metal
Glam Metal

etc, etc...

So do you still like any metal at all?

I guess the only thing you left out is ye olde heavy metal... or is that off the list too?

I used to love metal, but these days not so much... I still like the older bands (Black Sabbath, Alice Cooper, Motorhead, DIO, old Ozzy, etc) and Dream Theater, but I mostly listen to 70's hard rock bands.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:59 pm

^^

I believe listening to music is a form of a cycle, it adheres to your current state of mood, like there was one time I was listening to maiden non-stop for over a week then after that I never touched my Maiden CDs for more than a year , no kidding...Once you go metal there's no turning back, almost all of my peers admit that metal music in general leaves some form of imprint in your brain that is hard to let go, you may hate metal 'today' but at some point in time in your life, maybe 3 or 5 years from now you'll find yourself digging thru your old collections again
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:54 pm

Don't like nu-metal, -core styles, or glam metal (at least not the REALLY poppy glam metal), but those genres aren't even metal so I don't know why I even mentioned them hehe. Very Happy As far as actual metal goes, I don't enjoy black metal much (unless we are talking about the first wave of black metal that is). headbanger
Back to top Go down
Spiner202
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 283

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 10:58 pm

The only forms of "metal" I don't like are the more questionable ones: Nu-Metal and Metalcore/Deathcore. Still, I think a few Nu-Metal bands are listenable (Slipknot and Disturbed).

Within Metal, I'm into pretty much anything: thrash, death, power, black, glam, traditional, etc. I'm still getting into black metal, but I've found a decent number of bands that I do like.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:01 pm

Not a big fan of metalcore and black metal. Most "nu" bands don't seem to do it for me either. However, I do like a handful of bands in all these genres.

Metal student
Metal student
Cognitive Dissonance

Number of posts : 124

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:29 pm

I try to give everything a chance. Maybe it's easier to list the genres I listen to : Thrash,Stoner,Doom, some Power (Blind Guardian),some Death (Nile, Opeth), Black (Immortal only)

Can't stand Nu-Metal, Industrial, Deathcore or Metalcore.

Don't like thugcore like Hatebreed,Machine Head, Lamb of God.

Groove metal like Pantera or 90's Overkill.

Not a big fan of the Gothenburgh scene. All technique, no heart. I do like At the Gates though.

Not a fan of math-metal like Dillinger Escape Plan but I do enjoy some Yakuza.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I like so many genres of music etc plus I am never sure what band is labeled under that giant umbrella of metal, so I be safe and say I hate Limp Bizkit, so whatever genre they fall under then I guess that would be my least liked sub genre of metal.
Back to top Go down
rawr!
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 372

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:19 am

i can enjoy most metal. i never enjoy groove metal, dont feel moved enough by stoner metal to collect bands, and generally feel irritated at symphonic black metal, though. i dont consider nu metal a subgenre of metal (i feel thats like saying postpunk is punk) but i cant stand any of it. any time metal is infiltrated by pop influences i find myself turned off, and i only want actual singing with a few subgenres, thrash not being one of them. oh, and no rapping. ever.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:31 am

I like a bit of everything. However, I don't own much metalcore, nu-metal, or raw black metal (I prefer the more melodic variety). Those sub-genres I can take or leave them.

Quote :
dont feel moved enough by stoner metal to collect bands

Well considering stoner metal has a good share of groove in it... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ProgDoom
Metal novice
Metal novice
ProgDoom

Number of posts : 33

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:11 am

Nu Metal
Core Metal
Industrial Metal
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:47 am

EmoElmo wrote:

1. Black Metal
2. -CORE Metal
3. Folk / Avant garde
4. Nu-Metal
5. Grunge

I don't really hate any one kind of metal, I can tolerate most genres. Black metal is probably the only genre I can't hear for more than 5 minutes. Those stated above are definitely genres I wont spend my hard earned money on.
Back to top Go down
EmoElmo
Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:40 am

rawr! wrote:
i dont consider nu metal a subgenre of metal (i feel thats like saying postpunk is punk) but i cant stand any of it. any time metal is infiltrated by pop influences i find myself turned off.

I remember the time when my cousin gave me his copy of Annihilator's "All For You" , I was pretty ecstatic for 15 minutes browsing thru the inlay artworks and all... but the moment i began listening to it, I couldn't believe what i was hearing affraid

Groove Metal ain't that bad, as long as you listen to those 'influential' early 90's stuff like "Vulgar Display Of Power", "La Sexorcisto (Groove?)" and "Burn My Eyes" ...

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18963

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:23 am

Glam
Nu metal
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
TheGreatDuck
Metal master
Metal master
TheGreatDuck

Number of posts : 648

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 5:41 am

I hate nu metal (but that's not metal anyway). When I first heard bands like Slipknot, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" and Linkin Park, people were telling me they were metal. So I thought metal was smurf poo. Luckily, then I discovered Iron Maiden.
Also, I dislike a lot of -core and groove bands, but there are some that I enjoy.

ultmetal wrote:
Not a big fan of metalcore and black metal. Most "nu" bands don't seem to do it for me either. However, I do like a handful of bands in all these genres.
Do you like any grunge, ult?
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 8:58 am

I dis-like genres.....

two kinds for me. stuff I dig and what I don't

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:02 am

James B. wrote:
I dis-like genres.....

two kinds for me. stuff I dig and what I don't

headbanger nice take.

I dislike the "grumpy" vocals too.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 12:30 pm

I used to dislike Nu-Metal, but it's really grown on me over the past few years, not really a huge fan of Death Metal or Black Metal.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:00 pm

EmoElmo wrote:
^^

I believe listening to music is a form of a cycle, it adheres to your current state of mood, like there was one time I was listening to maiden non-stop for over a week then after that I never touched my Maiden CDs for more than a year , no kidding...Once you go metal there's no turning back, almost all of my peers admit that metal music in general leaves some form of imprint in your brain that is hard to let go, you may hate metal 'today' but at some point in time in your life, maybe 3 or 5 years from now you'll find yourself digging thru your old collections again

I think you have a good point. I listen to all kinds of music because the variety keeps me interested.

Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:40 pm

Viking
Death
Folk
Black
whatever-core
Avant-garde
Ambient
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:43 pm

I ignore genres completely. If I like a band I like them, if I don't, I don't. The genre doesn't mean anything.

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 2:51 pm

S.D. wrote:
I ignore genres completely. If I like a band I like them, if I don't, I don't. The genre doesn't mean anything.

I try to be like that but I dont like rap at all. I know if it says rap that it isnt for me..

Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:43 pm

Anything "core" except Grindcore
Nu Metal
Any style that sounds like Pantera
Rap Metal
Herber Skerber type death metal
Happy Flower Power metal
Industrial Metal
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 3:49 pm

The only genre of metal I really dislike is "happy" Power metal bands like (Heavenly). I'm also not too big on Goth or Nu-metal.
Back to top Go down
Andy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 328

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 4:04 pm

Anything with -core tacked on the end is false metal and should not be considered as part of the broader genre.

I listen to everything within the banner of true metal. I dig everything from AC/DC to Emperor.

However, I do not care much for groove metal or nu metal or any and all fusion genres resulting from them, such as rap metal. To me they are disrespectful to the musical formula that is the basis for the music that I love and hold dear.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Andy618
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?   Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Genres/Sub-Genres of Metal that you Hate?
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next