Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad

Go down 
+30
QuothTheRaven
James B.
Andy
Smindas
EvyMetal
bassman
jstate
DeathCult
Leatherface
Eyesore
Witchfinder
adrian
exact33
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
chewie
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arachnoplasma
A Handful of Wayne
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Wurthless
mc666
Required Fields
GrandNational
manny
DallasBlack
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 5:01 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Oh, that's too bad. Can you afford a kitty hotel? Some are pretty nice and it won't scare the crap out of him.

A lot of those require up to date vaccinations and I haven't taken him to the vet in over 5 years (he very rarely goes outside and he never leaves the back yard or the front perimeter of the house). I know I need to get him to a vet more often, but the trip there is very stressful for him (and in turn, for me) and I find it easier to wait to take him only when necessary.

I found a medium sized dog carrier at Wal-Mart which leaves room for water, food, & a small litterbox as well as his blanket. After I'm done with it, I will clean it out a bit and see if I can return it. He won't like it but it will be better than a kitty carrier. The fun will be getting him in there.

They didn't have a large size dog carrier? That's even more space for him to move around.

I got him the largest one they had.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 11:28 am

Construction has started and my cat hasn't stopped. Despite food, water, litter, and blanket he just keeps meowing. I hope that after another hour or so he finally realizes he's not getting out and makes the best of it, but I have a feeling I'll hear him hollering all day.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Cats can be stuborn. Hope he recovers.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:06 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Cats can be stuborn. Hope he recovers.

Every now and then, I'd go over to comfort him, but I'm doing some research on the net and it seems my best bet is to ignore him. It's hard because the yelling is making me feel guilty, but it's not like I wanted to do this to him, I have no choice.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:26 pm

What's the weather like there? Maybe you could put him on a leash and tie him up outside.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:36 pm

It's 80% chance of rain today, otherwise that'd be a good idea. He is getting a small break though. He knocked his water dish over so I had to remove him to dry everything up. Since they haven't yet started ripping out the carpet yet, I have him closed off in my room which seems to have calmed him down greatly (no yelling). However, when carpet demolition begins, I'm going to have to put him back. There is a good sign that he's not suffering too badly, as he did use the litter box in the cage. My greatest concern is that he'd soil the cage (getting himself dirty in the process) and it looks like he won't.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 12:53 pm

Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:
Oh, that's too bad. Can you afford a kitty hotel? Some are pretty nice and it won't scare the crap out of him.

A lot of those require up to date vaccinations and I haven't taken him to the vet in over 5 years (he very rarely goes outside and he never leaves the back yard or the front perimeter of the house). I know I need to get him to a vet more often, but the trip there is very stressful for him (and in turn, for me) and I find it easier to wait to take him only when necessary.

I found a medium sized dog carrier at Wal-Mart which leaves room for water, food, & a small litterbox as well as his blanket. After I'm done with it, I will clean it out a bit and see if I can return it. He won't like it but it will be better than a kitty carrier. The fun will be getting him in there.

They didn't have a large size dog carrier? That's even more space for him to move around.

Yeah, get one of those for your kitteh.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:02 pm

chewie wrote:
Troublezone wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

Yeah, get one of those for your kitteh.

Even if there were more space, he'd still just sit by the door and meow. He just does not like being caged. When I put him back in the cage, I'm going to go to a store and pick up some Feliway spray which is supposed to have a calming effect on cats and see if it helps any.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Took this picture about a month ago but never got around to posting it. Here is my dad on one of his test runs with his new leg:

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 DadsNewLegII
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:39 pm

Wow!! Seeing the pic was incredible, I am glad your father is alive, I have no idea what he and you went thru, and I am not going to pretend that I know, but I wanted you to know I admire your father's strength and determination in facing this life changing event.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:43 pm

manny wrote:
Wow!! Seeing the pic was incredible, I am glad your father is alive, I have no idea what he and you went thru, and I am not going to pretend that I know, but I wanted you to know I admire your father's strength and determination in facing this life changing event.

Thanks! We are all constantly amazed at how my dad's handled everything. Us Newcombs may not be attractive, athletic, or very talented but we are very stubborn and don't give up easily.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:17 pm

Stubborn can get you a long ways. Continued prayers for your Dad.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:32 pm

manny wrote:

I echo manny's sentiments. It is great to see your dad back up and moving.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:50 pm

Glad to see your father getting around and doing better.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:01 pm

The rehab center is trying to kick him out before he's able to come home and put him in a nursing home until then. We're fighting it though because my dad doesn't need that.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:53 pm

How are the home renovations coming along DB?

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:06 pm

tohostudios wrote:

read the pictures thread!!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:13 pm

exact33 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

read the pictures thread!!

DOH!!

So many places to get information from these days my aged brain can't keep up with it all.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 8:52 pm

tohostudios wrote:

I'll post some pictures soon. All the carpet is gone (except the one in my room), they've installed new doors to the back yard and the garage, and my dad's bathroom is coming along fine. He also has an emergency exit in his room (where a window used to be) and the pathway from there to the sidewalk and the pathway from the back porch to the garage are ready for concret. Unfortunatly we have rain for at least the next 24 hours (and a chance all week) so that will be delayed. The workers left eary Saturday and won't be back til tomorrow (they're visiting home which is in Houston) so the cat hasn't had to be locked up. Not that he suffers as it's in a room with a hiding place when it gets real noisy, a blanket, litter box, food, and water (though he still cries at the door from time to time). I haven't had to put him in the cage since the first day, but the flooring people will be here Thursday so he will have to go back in there.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 9:02 pm

Thanks for the update DB. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

And your cat. Wink

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2012 8:39 pm

Forgot to post this, my dad is finally home. He's been here a week now and he's adapting real well. He's just as positive yet sometimes grumpy as he's always been. There are some problems with the renovation: The toilet they gave him has the flusher on the back & it's a low flow (REAL low flow), the cable is giving us problems, and his shower floods the bathroom floor but those are the only real compaints he has (they already have fixed part of the shower-it wasn't getting any hot water).

Thanks for everyones' prayers and well wishes during this difficult time. It has been a long journey for my dad but the difficult part is over with and I think he'll be just fine.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:25 am

Thanks for the updates, DB. Hope things turns out for the best in the long run.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 1:11 pm

cool DB.

Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 5:33 pm

Glad to hear this.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 01, 2012 6:20 pm

Good to hear!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next