Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad

Go down 
+30
QuothTheRaven
James B.
Andy
Smindas
EvyMetal
bassman
jstate
DeathCult
Leatherface
Eyesore
Witchfinder
adrian
exact33
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
chewie
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arachnoplasma
A Handful of Wayne
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Wurthless
mc666
Required Fields
GrandNational
manny
DallasBlack
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 10:08 am

My dad has, for the most part, adjusted to his new life. Some days the pain is real bad, but more times than not he is doing good. He sleeps a lot but when you spend 90% of your time at home there's not much else to do (he does go to physical therapy 3 times a week). Right now the worker's comp is trying to get the insurance adjuster to pay for a handicap vehicle for him. He's already put in an application for a Honda Pilot with hand controls and a wheelchair ramp that allows him to go right up to the steering wheel. Once he does this, he'll have more freedom (and won't have to rely on me for transportation-a service takes him to therapy).

He turned 66 on Monday and today my sister has planned a suprise party for him. After I take him to a doctor's appointment, my uncle David is taking him to lunch and Wal-Mart while we set everything up. Just about all of my dad's friends will be there as well as my sister's kids, step-sister Tammy, and my mom (and maybe her husband-I secretly hope he doesn't because my dad does NOT like him). However, I'm sure my dad could supress his dislike for him as this is more than just a birthday party but a celebration of his recovery and the respect we all have for his ability to overcome.

Once again, thank you HoM for your thoughts and prayers. I really think somehow it's contributed greatly (though I could never really prove it in this life).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 12:52 pm

Glad to hear things are progressing in a positive direction. I'm sure the party will be a boost to his spirits.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 1:58 pm

Good news and praying for a vehicle for him.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39631

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 2:02 pm

Really good news. Hope he enjoys the party and gets that vehicle.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 8:41 pm

He absolutly loved the party. He says it was THE best birthday he ever had. I got to see people I haven't seen in over a decade. Everybody had a blast. Even my cat stayed out in the open and even let people pet him.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:08 pm

Awesome! So glad he had a good time. Keeping his spirits high is really the key.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 07, 2012 9:35 pm

Awesome! Glad he's doing better and hope the vehicle works out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5