Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad

Go down 
+30
QuothTheRaven
James B.
Andy
Smindas
EvyMetal
bassman
jstate
DeathCult
Leatherface
Eyesore
Witchfinder
adrian
exact33
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
chewie
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arachnoplasma
A Handful of Wayne
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Wurthless
mc666
Required Fields
GrandNational
manny
DallasBlack
34 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 17, 2011 10:16 pm

My dad is making some progress. He is now totally aware of everything and is mostly his old self again. He says he has good days and bad days (mostly resulting from a strong, burning pain in his left leg-the one still in tact). Despite that, he's able to get himself into a wheel chair with little or no help and is going through physical thearapy. There is talk of him being able to come home at the end of the month, but none of us (including him) are too sure about that yet. Just have to take it day by day right now. I need to get the house cleaned up and make sure everything is copasetic to his return and ability to manuver a wheel chair around the house.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 12:25 am

Glad he's doing better, hope everything goes ok with the homecoming whenever that happens.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 18, 2011 5:03 am

Only just found this thread, DB. My heart goes out to you at a very tough time in you and your dad's lives. Hope that things continue to pick up as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:28 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
jstate wrote:
Glad to hear your dad is in good spirits as he starts his recovery. Even better he has family to be there for him.

Have the police made any progress in finding the driver? Is your dad able to provide any clues? I just think it is beyond wrong someone did this, didn't stop, and is not going to be held to account for what they did.

They pretty much gave up after the first few days. Only two witnesses and two different stories, no cameras in that area of the parking lot, small town, nobody comming forward, etc. My dad can only say what type of 18 wheeler it was and that the driver had to have known.

Update on this situation. His company hired a private investigator and they have it narrowed down to three trucks. So there is still hope that there will be closure to this situation.
Back to top Go down
bassman
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 09, 2012 10:29 pm

I hope they catch whoever hurt your dad, still praying for your family, DB.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 8:14 am

i do as well DB. I am sure it is in the company'sbest interest to catch who did it so they can pay the damages and medical bills.

Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 9:56 am

DallasBlack wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
jstate wrote:
Glad to hear your dad is in good spirits as he starts his recovery. Even better he has family to be there for him.

Have the police made any progress in finding the driver? Is your dad able to provide any clues? I just think it is beyond wrong someone did this, didn't stop, and is not going to be held to account for what they did.

They pretty much gave up after the first few days. Only two witnesses and two different stories, no cameras in that area of the parking lot, small town, nobody comming forward, etc. My dad can only say what type of 18 wheeler it was and that the driver had to have known.

Update on this situation. His company hired a private investigator and they have it narrowed down to three trucks. So there is still hope that there will be closure to this situation.

Good news. I hope your dad gets justice.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:14 pm

I really hope they catch the guy who's responsible for this, Dallas - I know I haven't posted here before, but I've just been so caught up in the story and how your dad is doing, plus I couldn't post anything that others hadn't already said, so... - But I really wish the best for you and your family. You seem like such a cool guy, and it really saddens me to read about all the hardships you're going through at the moment - I'm not a christian, but I know you are, so may your god bless you in any possible way, you deserve it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 5:21 pm

Hopefully they find the guy and your family can find justice/closure in the fullest way possible.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 7:17 pm

Thanks guys. Also keep my niece (18 years old, from my step sister) in your prayers. Shortly before Christmas she got in a car accident which caused her ribs to pushed into her lungs. She's out of the hospital now but her ribs are still pushed up.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 5:53 pm

Some major repairs need to be done to the house before my dad can come home. We're getting all the carpet removed and replaced with hard floors. This because my dad's wheelchair is hard to move on carpet and his artificial leg catches on it. They also have to make an emergency exit from his room to the sidewalk, make his bathroom wheelchair accessable, widen several doors, get new furniture, and make another walkway from the garage to the back door. I'm going to have to pack up a bunch of stuff and move them into the garage (I'll have to park outside).

I'm hoping to have a job soon but it shouldn't hurt anything as the workers will be comming early and leaving late so they'll be here before I leave for work and leaving after I get home. Only problem is what to do with my cat. If they can remove carpet and install hard floors in my room last, I can lock him up in there. If I don't get a job soon (which will cause other problems) I will have to figure out what to do while the work is getting done.

All this stuff was supposed to be done months ago, but at least things are starting to happen. In one month, my dad will finally be out of the hospital. He'll still have months of rehabilitation, but at least he'll be home.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:13 pm

With all that ruckus going on, your cat will probably want to hide somewhere like under your bed. Does the house have a basement? If so, you could put him down there with a bed, food and water and he'd be happy. Believe me, any cat would want to be as far away from all that commotion as possible even if the accommodations appear "spartan" by human standards.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:20 pm

tohostudios wrote:
With all that ruckus going on, your cat will probably want to hide somewhere like under your bed. Does the house have a basement? If so, you could put him down there with a bed, food and water and he'd be happy. Believe me, any cat would want to be as far away from all that commotion as possible even if the accommodations appear "spartan" by human standards.

Seriously, when I practice the cats usually end up relocating to the garage, except one. He just hangs out in the kid's room.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:24 pm

chewie wrote:
tohostudios wrote:

Seriously, when I practice the cats usually end up relocating to the garage, except one. He just hangs out in the kid's room.

When I had my furnace/air conditioner replaced a couple years ago, both my cats huddled under the bed while "the strangers" did all their banging and hammering and sawing and shaping ductwork. Once the guys left, the cats still didn't come out for about 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 6:50 pm

BTW DB, you knew when you mentioned your cat I'd have to chime in. Very Happy

But I'm glad to hear your dad is coming home soon too.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37654

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 28, 2012 7:37 pm

Back in 2005 we had an addition (second floor) put on our house and during the construction I barely saw either of our two cats for about three months. Very Happy Like Toho sez, cats will go wherever they can find a hiding place to get away from the noise and unfamiliar people. They'd crawl under the bed, behind a bookshelf, or anyplace else that they thought was "safe."

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:41 am

Good news on your Dad. Prayers for all of you.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:52 pm

Stay at home and assist the workers, maybe they'll hire you! Very Happy

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 1:57 pm

Excellent news on your dad!!1
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:06 pm

kmorg wrote:
Stay at home and assist the workers, maybe they'll hire you! Very Happy

I might have no choice as I'm still waiting to hear news about my job. They were suppose to have things ready by the beginning of March. I'm hoping they're just behind schedule and I'll still get the job. If not, I could find myself in quite a pickle.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12630

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 2:25 pm

glad your old man is coming home

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 06, 2012 10:21 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW DB, you knew when you mentioned your cat I'd have to chime in. Very Happy

I will have no place for my cat to be comfortable. They are taking all the flooring out to replace it with uniform flooring so there are no rooms for me to put him in. I can have my room the last one to be floored but the demolition (removing of the old floors) has to be done all at once. I'm going to have to lock my cat up in a crate, an action I highly regret knowing how much he hates being confined. I'm looking for a dog crate that I can put him in that will be slightly more comfortable (with water & food), but they are really too expensive. The only way that can work is if I can somehow return it after it's done. Wal-Mart has a pretty liberal return policy, so that would be my best bet. I don't think I could keep my cat locked up in a small crate for 12 hours, it's just too cruel.
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 11:31 am

Oh, that's too bad. Can you afford a kitty hotel? Some are pretty nice and it won't scare the crap out of him.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:29 pm

Dark Horseman wrote:
Oh, that's too bad. Can you afford a kitty hotel? Some are pretty nice and it won't scare the crap out of him.

A lot of those require up to date vaccinations and I haven't taken him to the vet in over 5 years (he very rarely goes outside and he never leaves the back yard or the front perimeter of the house). I know I need to get him to a vet more often, but the trip there is very stressful for him (and in turn, for me) and I find it easier to wait to take him only when necessary.

I found a medium sized dog carrier at Wal-Mart which leaves room for water, food, & a small litterbox as well as his blanket. After I'm done with it, I will clean it out a bit and see if I can return it. He won't like it but it will be better than a kitty carrier. The fun will be getting him in there.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:19 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
Dark Horseman wrote:

A lot of those require up to date vaccinations and I haven't taken him to the vet in over 5 years (he very rarely goes outside and he never leaves the back yard or the front perimeter of the house). I know I need to get him to a vet more often, but the trip there is very stressful for him (and in turn, for me) and I find it easier to wait to take him only when necessary.

I found a medium sized dog carrier at Wal-Mart which leaves room for water, food, & a small litterbox as well as his blanket. After I'm done with it, I will clean it out a bit and see if I can return it. He won't like it but it will be better than a kitty carrier. The fun will be getting him in there.

They didn't have a large size dog carrier? That's even more space for him to move around.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next