Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad

Go down 
+30
QuothTheRaven
James B.
Andy
Smindas
EvyMetal
bassman
jstate
DeathCult
Leatherface
Eyesore
Witchfinder
adrian
exact33
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
nevermore
kmorg
chewie
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
arachnoplasma
A Handful of Wayne
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
Wurthless
mc666
Required Fields
GrandNational
manny
DallasBlack
34 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:24 pm

Got a call from my sister about my dad. Apparently he had a fall and got ran over by a 18 wheeler. He is in the UAB hostpital and is being analyzed. The only thing I know is that it shattered his hip. Me and my sister are driving down there tomorrow morning. Please keep my dad in your thoughts & prayers. I will update as soon as I know anything else.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:27 pm

I am sorry to hear this and I will keep you and your dad in my thoughts , brutha
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:30 pm

Wow! Keep a positive vibe in your head and give him encouragement when you see him to keep his spirits up.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28433

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 10:59 pm

Sorry to hear about your dad. Hopefully he'll be OK.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:03 pm

Damn, how in the he'll did that happen? I hope he'll be ok.

Wurthless
Metal is Forever
Wurthless

Number of posts : 5065

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeMon Oct 10, 2011 11:40 pm

Damn, that sucks. I hope he'll be alright.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17068

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:53 am

Sorry to hear that DB... I hope he'll be ok.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:40 am

Like the others have said, I'm really sorry to hear about this, Dallas - I really hope your dad is okay!
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:57 am

Sorry to hear. Hopefully everything is ok. Let us know.

Metal student
Metal student
arachnoplasma

Number of posts : 244

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:59 am

Damn, that's terrible... Godspeed, man. I sincerely hope everything's ok. ='( Keep us updated.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37640

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:32 am

Wow, that sucks, DB. Hope everything works out.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:05 am

Sorry to hear DB.My thoughts go out to you and your family
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:34 pm

WHAT?!?!?!?!? An 18 wheeler?!? I hope that he gets better! I'll be pulling for you all!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:36 pm

So soory to hear this, DB! Hope for a speedy recovery.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25831

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:29 pm

Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I hope he has a quick recovery.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:30 pm

Wow - sorry to hear that! Prayers to your Dad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 2:21 pm

Best wishes for a full & speedy recovery.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:25 pm

Your dad and your family are in my thoughts. I hope he recovers quickly.

adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 8:12 pm

Sorry to hear, hope he recovers quickly!
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7611

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:00 pm

Yikes! Prayers out!
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:00 am

Hope he recovers, sir.
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18914

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:43 am

Sure thing, man.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:26 am

This is the story so far. He fell while trying to get into his truck and that's when he got ran over. He broke both tibulas and his pelvis and it blew open his right calf. They had trouble getting him sedated because his blood pressure was too unstable and decided to clean the wounds. Unfortunatly, his calf muscles were too far gone and poisoning his body so they had to amputate his right leg at the knee. Because his blood pressure was still unstable they have not finished closing the area. They are keeping him heavily sedated but have to wake him every four hours. My sister is not happy with that and after seeing him wake for a few seconds and seeing the look in his eyes I'm agreeing with her. So far we're both holding up fairly well, but my sister suspects we're still in shock about the whole thing. The thing right now is getting his blood pressure at a safe level for the rest of surgery and if he makes it through at least two more surgereys (sic). We will stay around probably through the weekend to see if there is any change, get his stuff from the truck, and try to figure out the best course of action.

The driver that ran him over never stopped and there is supposed to be a criminal investigation. However, the investigator is close to giving up because there was no cameras in that area and too many conflicting witness stories. My sister is going to have a talk with him and let him know this is unacceptable and hopefully get the ball rolling. His company is taking care of all bills and will continue to send in his paychecks (Worker's Comp) so there will be no financial strain on us (we are all pretty low on money).

Right now we're just hoping for him to become stable and making it through this. There is also worry about how he will react to the amputation but that is secondary right now.

I'm going to have to stop now or I might just loose it. Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers and I will keep in touch (if our next hotel has wi-fi, the one for tonight is hight priced-Holiday Inn-and we're on a budget.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 10:57 am

Hope he recovers quickly.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:14 pm

Wow tough to read that DB. Hang in there. Hope you guys are able to track down that driver. Maybe get in touch with the local news and see if they can get a story out. Maybe someone will know. Good luck

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad   Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts & Prayers For My Dad
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: General Forums :: Of Unsound Mind-
Jump to: