Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlikely metal fans

Go down 
+34
ZombieHavoc
Tur-Thalion
powermacho
DioRainbowManowar
GrandNational
WhenTheWildWindBlows
325ad
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Required Fields
The_Jayroh
kyleblack
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
holydiver97595
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
exact33
Smindas
Eyesore
DallasBlack
metalken
mc666
shamgar75
Troublezone
metalhead777
Ben Grimm
Nico
scottmitchell74
kmorg
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:09 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
If you pay Nicolas Cage $5, he will happily appear beside any metal band for a photo op.

lol!

Razz

GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:45 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
GrandNational wrote:
You guys want the ultimate unlikely metal fan? It's got to be my 68 year old grandma who grew up in a little village until her teenage years without electricity or running water. She once asked me to give her my copy of Metallica's Master of Puppets so she could listen to it in her car Laughing very hard

She forever changed my perception about Metallica from that point, no joke. Actually, about metal music in general.

That's an awesome story!

My Mother (who was a rocker anyway), surprised me in 1987 because she fell in love with the $5.98 EP by Metallica, she played it more than I did. She also liked Ozzy, GNR, Faith No More, King's X, Soundgarden and quite a few other groups from that era.

Sweet. Thankfully, my mom's always been cool with rock music from her teenage years as well, and never gave me one problem about listening to metal as a teenager myself.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 5:46 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Nico wrote:
Miley Cyrus...yeah right. What bands has she mentioned, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" maybe? Rolling Eyes

I don't know, I bet her Dad has a fine collection of Warrant, Ratt & Mr. Big cassettes in an old IROC Z somewhere on the ranch.

Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

And she posts you tube videos saying "I am a Maiden fan!!!!! I love The Trooper" - yeah, that makes her a real "fan"

If she didn't love The Trooper, that would just mean there's something fundamentally wrong with her.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 3:59 pm

GrandNational wrote:
You guys want the ultimate unlikely metal fan? It's got to be my 68 year old grandma who grew up in a little village until her teenage years without electricity or running water. She once asked me to give her my copy of Metallica's Master of Puppets so she could listen to it in her car Laughing very hard

She forever changed my perception about Metallica from that point, no joke. Actually, about metal music in general.

That awesome! Reminds me of Blanche Pall - She was the promoter ofr all the early 90's Texas Rock Fest shows! She brought in bands like Mortification, Beheaded ( Lament ) Living Sacrifice, Ultimatum, Consecrator and many others. She truly was the first granny of Christian Death and Thrash Metal! lol! Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 604261
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:10 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
GrandNational wrote:

That's an awesome story!

My Mother (who was a rocker anyway), surprised me in 1987 because she fell in love with the $5.98 EP by Metallica, she played it more than I did. She also liked Ozzy, GNR, Faith No More, King's X, Soundgarden and quite a few other groups from that era.

One of my mom's favorite songs is "Run to the Hills". Very Happy
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jul 01, 2011 10:20 pm

GrandNational wrote:

Laughing thats funny. i which i had a grandma like that
Back to top Go down
Tur-Thalion
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Tur-Thalion

Number of posts : 350

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 11:52 am

Shawn D. wrote:
If you pay Nicolas Cage $5, he will happily appear beside any metal band for a photo op.

lol!

Reminds me of that old picture of David Hasselhoff with Edguy.
Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Edguy_with_david_hasseloff___2004
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 12:09 pm

holydiver97595 wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:
Shawn D. wrote:
Nico wrote:
Miley Cyrus...yeah right. What bands has she mentioned, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" maybe? Rolling Eyes

I don't know, I bet her Dad has a fine collection of Warrant, Ratt & Mr. Big cassettes in an old IROC Z somewhere on the ranch.

Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

And she posts you tube videos saying "I am a Maiden fan!!!!! I love The Trooper" - yeah, that makes her a real "fan"

If she didn't love The Trooper, that would just mean there's something fundamentally wrong with her.

I love The Trooper & Wasted Years
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 17, 2016 7:25 pm

I was on Facebook today, and one of the trending stories was about some British girl pop group called Little Mix. One of the members had a wardrobe malfunction. Either way, a band pic was posted to link to the story. The girl on the left stood out.

Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Little-Mix

She's really hot, but it's unfortunate she's not likely a fan of Slayer on any level.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2016 12:51 am

A lot of pro wrestlers are big metal fans. Of course, the obvious one is Chris Jericho, but others include Steve Austin, Triple H, and Scott Steiner, just to name a few.
Back to top Go down
ZombieHavoc
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
ZombieHavoc

Number of posts : 2348

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2016 11:37 am

I liked reading through this thread where people disregarded that any mainstream pop or rap artists liked metal.

This shit is not underground, and there is no reason to assume that someone who is heavily into music of any sort would not check out metal at some point.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 20, 2016 10:31 pm

Troublezone wrote:
It's no secret that Ice T is a metal fan but I would've never guessed before he formed Body Count.

It's Lemonade!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 1:00 am

Required Fields wrote:
I was on Facebook today, and one of the trending stories was about some British girl pop group called Little Mix. One of the members had a wardrobe malfunction. Either way, a band pic was posted to link to the story. The girl on the left stood out.

Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Little-Mix

She's really hot, but it's unfortunate she's not likely a fan of Slayer on any level.

Wearing metal swag has become fashionable. So wearing a t-shirt does not make one a fan. Rihanna has been photographed in Bathory hats, & Suicidal Tendencies shirts. Unlikely she even knows who or what they are. Same with Justin Bieber & Chris Brown. Some of them even had "metal" stylized logos made of their brand. It's a trend.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 am

mc666 wrote:

Wearing metal swag has become fashionable. So wearing a t-shirt does not make one a fan. Rihanna has been photographed in Bathory hats, & Suicidal Tendencies shirts. Unlikely she even knows who or what they are. Same with Justin Bieber & Chris Brown. Some of them even had "metal" stylized logos made of their brand. It's a trend. [/quote]

Very true. And the bands get some free advertising out of the deal to boot.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:51 am

mc666 wrote:
Some of them even had "metal" stylized logos made of their brand. It's a trend.

Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Justin-bieber-metal-logo-mark-riddick

Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Stop-paying-tribute-to-metal-band-logo-03

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 9:56 am

Apparently Rihanna used this logo at the recent VMA's on MTV...
Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 BxDmehKr

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Grimmo

Number of posts : 413

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 21, 2016 10:59 am

The President of Indonesia, Joko Widodo is a huge fan of Napalm Death and other metal bands:

http://www.vice.com/read/meet-jokowi-indonesias-probable-next-president
https://www.theguardian.com/music/2014/jul/11/joko-jokowi-widodos-metal-manifesto
http://www.musictimes.com/articles/8537/20140808/indonesias-president-joko-widodo-huge-fan-metallica-napalm-death-lamb.htm

Back to top Go down
http://waynegrimsey.blogspot.com/
John Madden
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
John Madden

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 02, 2016 9:28 pm

What about this guy? Pretty sure he was a Slayer fan.
Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Turleytoss.0
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 03, 2016 2:24 pm

Good ole Kyle Turley... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlikely metal fans
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3