Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlikely metal fans

Go down 
+34
ZombieHavoc
Tur-Thalion
powermacho
DioRainbowManowar
GrandNational
WhenTheWildWindBlows
325ad
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Required Fields
The_Jayroh
kyleblack
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
holydiver97595
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
exact33
Smindas
Eyesore
DallasBlack
metalken
mc666
shamgar75
Troublezone
metalhead777
Ben Grimm
Nico
scottmitchell74
kmorg
38 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:39 am

Arnold and Kirsty Alley were quoted back in the 90s that they both loved Guns N Roses
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 9:43 am

Addy wrote:
Arnold and Kirsty Alley were quoted back in the 90s that they both loved Guns N Roses

Arnold liked 'em well enough to appear in the 'You Could Be Mine' video. Clint Eastwood liked 'em too, although I think I read it was Clint's son that was a fan and pushed to get them in a cameo appearance in 'The Dead Pool'.

Quote :
And Lady Gaga is a metal fan.

I don't buy that. She's an attention wh0re. If there is a camera present and there's something she can "borrow" for her shows, she's a fan.

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:48 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

I don't buy that. She's an attention wh0re. If there is a camera present and there's something she can "borrow" for her shows, she's a fan.
i'd believe she was a metal fan before i'd believe Guns N' Roses was heavy metal.

MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:50 am

Zing!

The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 12:40 pm

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

i'd believe she was a metal fan before i'd believe Guns N' Roses was heavy metal.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
kyleblack
Metal student
Metal student
kyleblack

Number of posts : 159

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 3:56 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think this is a misconception based on her wearing a jacket with Doom and GISM logos (though these are really Punk bands) in one of her music videos, which was all Jonas Akerlund's doing.
Back to top Go down
The_Jayroh
Metal master
Metal master
The_Jayroh

Number of posts : 823

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 5:38 pm

kyleblack wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

I think this is a misconception based on her wearing a jacket with Doom and GISM logos (though these are really Punk bands) in one of her music videos, which was all Jonas Akerlund's doing.

Link

She actually claims to be a huge Sabbath fan, and actually went backstage with Maiden.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1009170115&sk=info
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 7:17 pm

Didn't Lady Gaga go backstage with Saxon once as well?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 8:20 pm

Required Fields wrote:

No, no that was UNCLE Saxon
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 10:21 pm

Required Fields wrote:

The other way round, I believe. At least, Biff did.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:16 am

mc666 wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Quote :

Id believe that about Lady GaGa in a heartbeat

Id never classify GNR as Metal Hard Rock Yes but In my book they walk hand in hand
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:53 am

I heard that on rare occasions, Eyesore actually listens to metal Laughing
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 2:58 pm

Sutekh wrote:
Required Fields wrote:

The other way round, I believe. At least, Biff did.

Yeah, I heard about that. Biff's daughter is a Lady Gaga fan, so he took her to a show and that somehow lead to him meeting her and he said that she was into metal and really liked Saxon. I'm not so sure I believe that either but who knows.

The last time I remember somebody talking about metal that really came as a shock to me was a couple of months ago in debate class. It was the day of the exam and some of us got to class really early and we were talking a little bit and this one girl asked me if I liked Flotsam and Jetsam, and that was a huge surprise to me. She said her father and brother were really into metal so she heard a lot of stuff through them.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 3:32 pm

Addy wrote:

Back in the 90s that was like saying you were a Michael Jackson fan...GnR was the epitome of mainstream...the name everyone could drop because they were so huge...
Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:15 pm

I heard that Chris Rock was a fan of Van Halen growing up, and Conan O Brien liked KISS enough to help introduce them at the press conference announcing their reunion tour.
Back to top Go down
325ad
Metal master
Metal master
325ad

Number of posts : 532

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 6:40 pm

Demi Lovato and Hank III
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28460

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 10:33 pm

There's a local radio station that plays about 90% folk music, but their news reporter is a fan of death metal and thrash metal. I knew him long before the radio station even existed, so I knew his taste in music already. However, I told my dad this morning when he had that radio station (after he had just finished giving his news report) on that I know him personally. When my dad asked me how we know each other, I told him that we've seen each other at metal shows. My dad seemed very surprised, likely due to the radio station's format.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
WhenTheWildWindBlows
Metal novice
Metal novice
WhenTheWildWindBlows

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:33 pm

The skinny dude in the rap group Three 6 Mafia is a big metal fan. Lil Wayne is also a closet metalhead. And Miley Cyrus, Cameron Diaz, & Dru Barrymore all claim to like metal.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:40 pm

Miley Cyrus...yeah right. What bands has she mentioned, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" maybe? Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:41 pm

If you pay Nicolas Cage $5, he will happily appear beside any metal band for a photo op.

lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:42 pm

Nico wrote:
Miley Cyrus...yeah right. What bands has she mentioned, \"thebandthatshallneverbementionedagain\" maybe? Rolling Eyes

I don't know, I bet her Dad has a fine collection of Warrant, Ratt & Mr. Big cassettes in an old IROC Z somewhere on the ranch.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:47 pm

Shawn D. wrote:
Nico wrote:

I don't know, I bet her Dad has a fine collection of Warrant, Ratt & Mr. Big cassettes in an old IROC Z somewhere on the ranch.

Laughing very hard

Laughing very hard Laughing very hard

And she posts you tube videos saying "I am a Maiden fan!!!!! I love The Trooper" - yeah, that makes her a real "fan"
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 8:59 pm

You guys want the ultimate unlikely metal fan? It's got to be my 68 year old grandma who grew up in a little village until her teenage years without electricity or running water. She once asked me to give her my copy of Metallica's Master of Puppets so she could listen to it in her car Laughing very hard

She forever changed my perception about Metallica from that point, no joke. Actually, about metal music in general.
Back to top Go down
DioRainbowManowar
Metal novice
Metal novice
DioRainbowManowar

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:02 pm

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is apparently a huge Metallica fan. At one point, George Lopez claimed to like Motley Crue, Van Halen, and KISS...but now he claims to be a fan of..that annoying kid who I won't mention.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 30, 2011 9:08 pm

GrandNational wrote:
You guys want the ultimate unlikely metal fan? It's got to be my 68 year old grandma who grew up in a little village until her teenage years without electricity or running water. She once asked me to give her my copy of Metallica's Master of Puppets so she could listen to it in her car Laughing very hard

She forever changed my perception about Metallica from that point, no joke. Actually, about metal music in general.

That's an awesome story!

My Mother (who was a rocker anyway), surprised me in 1987 because she fell in love with the $5.98 EP by Metallica, she played it more than I did. She also liked Ozzy, GNR, Faith No More, King's X, Soundgarden and quite a few other groups from that era.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlikely metal fans
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next