Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unlikely metal fans

Go down 
+34
ZombieHavoc
Tur-Thalion
powermacho
DioRainbowManowar
GrandNational
WhenTheWildWindBlows
325ad
Hadley
Shawn Of Fire
Mglaffas81
Sutekh
Required Fields
The_Jayroh
kyleblack
Addy
thejokeriv
jstate
holydiver97595
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
SpectreFate
exact33
Smindas
Eyesore
DallasBlack
metalken
mc666
shamgar75
Troublezone
metalhead777
Ben Grimm
Nico
scottmitchell74
kmorg
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Unlikely metal fans Empty
PostSubject: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 am

I just read that Eddie Murphy's favorite bands (at least during the '80's) were Ratt and Cinderella.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:53 am

That's cool, and I'd agree, unlikely.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Nico

Number of posts : 444

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:52 am

Unlikely metal fans 775710
I think that people have a lot of stereotypes about metal fans: That they aren't smart or well-educated, that they have no interest in or even appreciation for other genres of music, that they aren't religious and have no tolerance for religious people, that they all do drugs, etc. I think even some metal fans hold at least some of those assumptions about other metal fans. I've been into metal for about a decade now, and it seems that the older I get the more evidence I find against these stereotypes and it's refreshing to see...especially the thing about metalheads being close-minded. I don't think I know of anybody that dislikes everything outside of the metal genre.
Back to top Go down
Ben Grimm
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Ben Grimm

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 8:34 pm

My mom likes Stryper and Bon Jovi
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/inedibleben
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:11 pm

I believe Jim Carrey is a fan of Cannibal Corpse.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 9:21 pm

kmorg wrote:
I just read that Eddie Murphy's favorite bands (at least during the '80's) were Ratt and Cinderella.

I would've never guessed...
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:46 pm

metalhead777 wrote:

I remember seeing that come to fruition in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective lol!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:51 pm

metalhead777 wrote:
i thought that was debunked.

metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 10:56 pm

Cee Lo Green has stated at various times that he is a metal fan, and that it was a Black Sabbath album that got him into music.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 11:35 pm

Guess who is a fan of Rhapsody (Of Fire):

Unlikely metal fans Christopher_lee1

And he's in his 80s!
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 12:03 am

metalhead777 wrote:
His son is in a death metal band, right? Or is that someone else?
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 5:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
Guess who is a fan of Rhapsody (Of Fire):

Unlikely metal fans Christopher_lee1

And he's in his 80s!
Christopher Lee is metal through and through. He even did a (slightly dodgy) metal album last year.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 7:16 am

Of course it's common knowledge these days in metal circles, but I was completely taken aback years ago when I first heard of Jada Pinkett Smith's metal love.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:05 am

Nico wrote:
Unlikely metal fans 775710
I think that people have a lot of stereotypes about metal fans: That they aren't smart or well-educated, that they have no interest in or even appreciation for other genres of music, that they aren't religious and have no tolerance for religious people, that they all do drugs, etc. I think even some metal fans hold at least some of those assumptions about other metal fans. I've been into metal for about a decade now, and it seems that the older I get the more evidence I find against these stereotypes and it's refreshing to see...especially the thing about metalheads being close-minded. I don't think I know of anybody that dislikes everything outside of the metal genre.

I totally agree but I also think some metal fans do an equal amount of stereotyping of fans of other types of music.

SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:28 am

Smindas wrote:

Christopher Lee is metal through and through. He even did a (slightly dodgy) metal album last year.

Wow, that's embarrassing. Poor guy has lost his mind.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:55 am

The worst thing about that video is the middle aged beardo air-guitaring on the sword in front of a green screen. Awkward.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:52 am

Eyesore wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Maybe you're thinking of Nic Cage's son? Who is not only in a death metal band, but currently in a mental facility as well...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/07/westin-cage-nic-cage-son-5150-mental-hold-ambulance-evaluation-hospital-fight-drugs-alcohol/

And yea, I think MC666 is right. The Jim Carrey/Canibal Corpse thing was a joke I believe.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:53 am

I've heard that Carrey asked to put Cannibal Corpse in "Ace Ventura" because he thought they were "hilarious." Not sure if that makes him a "fan" or not.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 10:56 am

I could see Jim Carey being a fan of Mr. Bungle type music. Or anything by Mike Patton...

Last edited by Troublezone on Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 11:44 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I've heard that Carrey asked to put Cannibal Corpse in "Ace Ventura" because he thought they were "hilarious." Not sure if that makes him a "fan" or not.

If that's the case, I'm a fan too. I seriously thought Cannibal Corpse was a joke when I first heard them because of how over-done their song titles, lyrics, etc. were. Also, the first time I heard them, the quality was really low, because my friend was showing them to me using bad speakers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 4:42 pm

Sir Mix-A-Lot always claimed to be a huge metal fan, hence his Ironman collaboration with Metal Church. Which at the time about blew my mind when I first heard it.

Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 6:09 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Maybe you're thinking of Nic Cage's son? Who is not only in a death metal band, but currently in a mental facility as well...

http://www.tmz.com/2011/06/07/westin-cage-nic-cage-son-5150-mental-hold-ambulance-evaluation-hospital-fight-drugs-alcohol/

And yea, I think MC666 is right. The Jim Carrey/Canibal Corpse thing was a joke I believe.
Yeah, that's who I'm thinking of.

And Lady Gaga is a metal fan.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 8:03 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeMon Jun 27, 2011 9:27 pm

It's no secret that Ice T is a metal fan but I would've never guessed before he formed Body Count.
Back to top Go down
holydiver97595
The Prophet of Dio
holydiver97595

Number of posts : 1348

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitimeTue Jun 28, 2011 1:26 am

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
metalhead777 wrote:

Yeah, that's who I'm thinking of.

And Lady Gaga is a metal fan.

I'd heard that, didn't know if it were true or not, though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/demonousmetal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unlikely metal fans   Unlikely metal fans Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unlikely metal fans
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next