Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wanna feel REALLY old??

Go down 
+21
bassman
scottmitchell74
T-Roy
Lari
Sinistar
Stender
Joe
MetalGuy71
Wargod
chewie
metalinmyveins
Thrasher73
manny
thejokeriv
exact33
Olafsto
metalken
Gilbert
nevermore
Fat Freddy
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

Wanna feel REALLY old?? Empty
PostSubject: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:39 pm

Wanna feel REALLY old?? Metallica_-_Master_of_Puppets

Metallica's MASTER OF PUPPETS was released 25 years ago today.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 10:50 pm

Your too late but thanks for adding fuel.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25863

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 11:41 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Your too late but thanks for adding fuel.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9885

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:36 am

I was listening to it this morning on my way to work.

The ultimate metal album. EVER headbanger
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:55 am

It was also on March 4 that one of the most famous 'rock' quotes was uttered - "We're more popular than Jesus now" by John Lennon in 1966 in an interview with the London Evening Standard. Not that any of us here are old enough to remember that or the response to it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 5:03 am

metalken wrote:
It was also on March 4 that one of the most famous 'rock' quotes was uttered - "We're more popular than Jesus now" by John Lennon in 1966 in an interview with the London Evening Standard. Not that any of us here are old enough to remember that or the response to it.

Toho has a good memory and was already a young man back then Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:11 am

wow. Thanks for making me feel old!!!

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:22 am

Wow....... I still remember driving up to Kemp Mill Records to pick up Master Of Puppets right after school on this day 25 years ago and then being blown away by the pure awesomeness that is Master Of Puppets.......

Of course, the next day at school, the buzz was about how good Master OF Puppets is....

OK Keith, now I feel old......
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:29 am

Thanks FF!!! Wanna feel REALLY old?? 251456
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:47 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Wow....... I still remember driving up to Kemp Mill Records to pick up Master Of Puppets right after school on this day 25 years ago and then being blown away by the pure awesomeness that is Master Of Puppets.......

Of course, the next day at school, the buzz was about how good Master OF Puppets is....

I squirreled away my lunch money for a week or ten days so I'd have enough cash to buy M.O.P. on the first day of release. After school on "the big day" I went down to the record store at the mall w/my bro and bought the tape. I believe it was the first time I ever bought a "first day copy"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
thejokeriv wrote:

I squirreled away my lunch money for a week or ten days so I'd have enough cash to buy M.O.P. on the first day of release. After school on "the big day" I went down to the record store at the mall w/my bro and bought the tape. I believe it was the first time I ever bought a "first day copy"

Nice!!!!!! I picked up the cassette too that day - still a KILLER album
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 8:59 am

Haha,you're all older than me! I was only 13 when this was released Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:03 am

I was almost 16 when M.O.P. came out (my birthday is in May)...either way, we're all OLD dammit!!

Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:07 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I was almost 16 when M.O.P. came out (my birthday is in May)...either way, we're all OLD dammit!!

My birthday is on May 11, this was the first Metallica album that actually bought, I had dubbed copies of 'Kill 'em All' and I bought that summer, I was 16.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 9:22 am

Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, by 3 years - it just meant I was able to drive to pick up the album
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am

A damn good day 25 years ago!!! I know Metallica paid homage to the 20th anniversary of this album by playing "Orion" all the way through for the first time. It would be nice if Metallica played the album from top to bottom for the "Big 4" concerts.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 10:29 am

thejokeriv wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Yeah, by 3 years - it just meant I was able to drive to pick up the album

Yeah,and I had to hitchhike.Haha
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:24 am

Thanks............

I either took the bus or had my mom drive me to Tower Records.
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:40 am

I'm ther minority here don't care for Metallica.

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 11:47 am

Ugg. This album is older than some of my co-workers. I think I'll go have a bran muffin and wash it down with some Geritol. My bursitis is actin' up again.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 12:44 pm

Thrasher73 wrote:

Wanna feel REALLY old?? 25679

you and me both are not that old!!!

Joe
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Joe

Number of posts : 1862

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

exact33 wrote:
Thrasher73 wrote:

Wanna feel REALLY old?? 25679

you and me both are not that old!!!

Me too! I was 11 when this came out.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Im still younger than the amount of years its been since metallica has put out a good album. Damnnn..I feel young. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 1:31 pm

Stender wrote:
Im still younger than the amount of years its been since metallica has put out a good album. Damnnn..I feel young. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

Dangit, respect your elders, whippersnapper! And get the hell off my lawn!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 pm

I'll hold him down, you guys fill him with prunes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanna feel REALLY old??   Wanna feel REALLY old?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanna feel REALLY old??
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next