Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Empty
PostSubject: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Would be nice if the guitar was not as buried, but I like it.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 11:54 am

They are doing another one. I was wondering? Firebirth was decent but lacked something that old Gotthard had and not just in the vox.
Back to top Go down
Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

Number of posts : 131

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 10:27 am

Just wonder what you guys think about the new Gotthard (Bang!)? I was really surprised by this one - in my opinion, it's their best output since G. Sure, Nic Maeder still doesn't come close to Steve, but I like his influence on the band's songwriting. Firebirth was boring, Bang! feels fresh. They did what they should have done on Firebirth already - they altered their sound and style slightly. It's a new Gotthard now, but a pretty good one!
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2959

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 12:45 pm

It's just ok, in my opinion. I like the single, and also "Jump the Gun" best.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeSun Apr 20, 2014 5:36 pm

i like it but it is not nearly as fun as their Lipservice era stuff.

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 2:59 pm

exact33 wrote:
I really liked Lipservice when it was released, but nowadays I can't listen to the whole album anymore. Sure, there are a few great songs on it, but as a whole, it's just the typical Post-Homerun-Gotthard-release that tries to satisfy two audiences and succeeds for none really. Hmm, well, you can say that about Bang as well, I guess. But to me it sounds a lot more coherent. Cannot say why really. Probably it's just because I see them with different eyes now that Steve is gone - I don't really expect them to do that ass-kicking Dial Hard-style hard rock anymore. Before, I always compared their output to this masterpiece...
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeMon Apr 21, 2014 8:50 pm

Dellocatus wrote:
exact33 wrote:
I really liked Lipservice when it was released, but nowadays I can't listen to the whole album anymore. Sure, there are a few great songs on it, but as a whole, it's just the typical Post-Homerun-Gotthard-release that tries to satisfy two audiences and succeeds for none really. Hmm, well, you can say that about Bang as well, I guess. But to me it sounds a lot more coherent. Cannot say why really. Probably it's just because I see them with different eyes now that Steve is gone - I don't really expect them to do that ass-kicking Dial Hard-style hard rock anymore. Before, I always compared their output to this masterpiece...

Yeah - Dial hard is a great album. I just dont think they have that musical edge anymore.

Dellocatus
Metal student
Metal student
Dellocatus

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 22, 2014 4:32 am

They have. Or at least they had with Steve. It's just that they have to include a bunch of ballads to please the greater part of their audience. On Dial Hard, there's only one real ballad. And the hard stuff is still a good fit in concerts - which convinces me that they didn't change in style much. It's just the mixture that makes the difference.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 1:54 pm

Listening to 'Bang!' and it's pretty good, IMO.

PostSubject: Re: New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"   New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Gotthard single "Feel What I Feel"
Page 1 of 1