Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I wanna be in a band.

Go down 
+16
ultmetal
Skysplitter
spiritoradio
MetalGuy71
kmorg
DallasBlack
Fat Freddy
Smindas
ensiferum2k
EvyMetal
mc666
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
rattpoison
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

I wanna be in a band. Empty
PostSubject: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:30 pm

I don't care if you are in a band.

If you aren't and wished you could be, what kind of music would you play?

I would play hardcore. Damn, you get a workout every night. Just pure brutality all the time. I love that kind of music.

Your chosen genre?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:48 pm

Powermetal (American or Euro - Thrashy or "Flowery" I like the speed. Falconer, Blind Guardian, Cage, Steel Assassin, Brainstorm, Paragon come to mind...)

Thrash - a la Deliverance, Ultimatum, Mortification (Erasing the Goblin!!!), Saint Spirit...

Whatever Dagon is....that

Whatever Becoming The Archetype is....that

Tradition Metal - Titanic, Dio, Final Axe, Quiet Riot etc....
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:58 pm

Well i would blend all styles into one Thrash/Power/Traditional/Progressive/Southern Rock/Modern Rock/Hard Core all in one
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 11:59 pm

Some trashy junkie glam blues punkmetal band, like Hanoi Rocks meets the Gun Club via the Replacements or something like that.

Last edited by on Sat Feb 02, 2008 2:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:01 am

Heres the funny thing.I Love metal and thats about all I listen to but when I was playing in a band I kinda got tired of playing metal.I found myself wanting to play lighter stuff.Sounds crazy but its true.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:04 am

Going by the talents I have, the perfect band for me would be an alt-rock kind of band. I've done everything from hardcore to death metal to mellow crooning, but the style that comes more naturally to me is a style that belongs to that Nickleback style. But it would obviously have a total 80s rock feel, because I write big hooks in every style I do. I can't help it.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4603

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:05 am

I would play a blackened power pop punk jazz/death fusion.

Sit and try to imagine what the heck THAT would sound like for a second...

Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:22 am

i don't want to be in a band per say, but i think it'd be cool to be one of those singers like Tom Jones or maybe Wayne Newton.

EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:46 am

Aside from being in a Metal band, I would really like to try out some free jazz/fusion stuff and bust out my skills on the banjo.
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:55 am

I'd love to be a bass player in a retro funk band. Only because it would give me an excuse to cover all my clothing in glitter and sport those giant boots I love.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:38 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Heres the funny thing.I Love metal and thats about all I listen to but when I was playing in a band I kinda got tired of playing metal.I found myself wanting to play lighter stuff.Sounds crazy but its true.

i agree, i used to be in a band and just playing metal was not helping my guitar skills, so i went back in time and started listening to bands like Skynyrd and Hatchet. I love mixing it up when playing.
Back to top Go down
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 5:47 am

Jazz / folk fusion metal. It'd be spectacular.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 6:58 am

I would be the lead singer in a Ramones tribute band.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 8:51 am

A mix of thrash, power, goth, death, black, doom, and progressive. I have a want to do all types of styles so instead of having 7 different bands, I would just find some musicians who can do a hybrid of all of them. This is a long-term goal of mine if I can find the people and get some proffessionall vocal coaching. If I have to settle on one style in order to be in a band I will do that instead (I just need to be a frontman period-I have that itch and it won't go away).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 10:24 am

rubber band

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:15 am

My dream is to be a lounge lizard in Vegas, singing sexy, swinging tunes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:20 am

I'd want to be in a punk/hardcore band. The energy of that alone would be worth it! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 12:33 pm

Quote :
because I write big hooks in every style I do. I can't help it.

A man after my own heart...
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:27 pm

I would love to to play Prog rock like Rush, ELP, Pink Floyd, etc.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 2:58 pm

JEW'S HARP ANYONE?
Back to top Go down
Skysplitter
Metal student
Metal student
Skysplitter

Number of posts : 100

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 3:58 pm

I'd play Power/Thrash metal like Metal church, Overkill, and Anthem. Well, I should say I DO play Power/Thrash metal, because thats what my band plays hehe.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 4:58 pm

I am in a band and playing the music I love. Heavy Metal! 🤘

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:06 pm

Thrash!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2008 11:51 pm

It is a dream come true for me to be able to play with the kind of musicians I play with right now in my band and I feel very blessed to be where I am right now.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitimeSun Feb 03, 2008 1:39 am

well besides from the music i play and love to play I have always wanted to be in a balls-out larger than life Rock'n'Roll band becuase that way you could play awesome music and still become incredibly famous. don't get me wrong I love playing metal more than anything but the rock'n'roll lifestyle seems very tempting
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I wanna be in a band.   I wanna be in a band. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I wanna be in a band.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next