Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I feel sorry for this guy!

Go down 
+3
TrogDawn
Fat Freddy
Troublezone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

I feel sorry for this guy! Empty
PostSubject: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:52 am

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/worst-blooper-ever/854474756?icid=1615984947x1203970455x1200411500
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:54 am

Laughing very hard The poor b#$tard. I betcha as soon as he found out about that goof he said "Oh great, that'll be ALL over the internet by this time tomorrow"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 11:56 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Laughing very hard The poor b#$tard. I betcha as soon as he found out about that goof he said "Oh great, that'll be ALL over the internet by this time tomorrow"

No crap! Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:11 pm

That's awesome. Haha. I would find that hilarious, but that seemed like more of a deliberate act than a blooper. Someone did that on purpose.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:13 pm

Maybe it was a Freudian slip on the programmer's part? affraid
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:14 pm

Eyesore wrote:
That's awesome. Haha. I would find that hilarious, but that seemed like more of a deliberate act than a blooper. Someone did that on purpose.

Good point. Who knows, maybe the guy in the control room who worked the onscreen graphics was getting fired, so that was his last act of on the job defiance.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:19 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I think it coulda been more of a case of someone backstage screwing around and the director putting that out there by accident. I work in the tv field and I've seen similar things happen. Heck, I've been part of those kind of screw-ups. It's still pretty funny when it's not my mistake.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 12:49 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I think it coulda been more of a case of someone backstage screwing around and the director putting that out there by accident. I work in the tv field and I've seen similar things happen. Heck, I've been part of those kind of screw-ups. It's still pretty funny when it's not my mistake.

I've seen it happen in the newspaper field too. Sometimes the people who typeset advertisements have a little fun with the copy, change something for humorous effect, and then forget to change it back. The most famous one here was a few years back when a girl changed a real estate ad from "ASSOCIATE of the Month" to merely "ASS of the Month." When it ran in the paper that way, the account was obviously not amused. They were even less amused when it got on Jay Leno's "Headlines" segment on "The Tonight Show."

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:10 pm

On a much smaller scale, we had just installed a new sports-ticker type sign in the bar area that was to give constant news, sports and traffic updates. As the tech was showing us how to update it, he typed in all kinds of example messages, just making stuff up. The next day, when the sign was turned on, along with the local sports scores and news updates, bar patrons were informed of this traffic update:

...I-95 northbound - All F*cked Up...
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:25 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
On a much smaller scale, we had just installed a new sports-ticker type sign in the bar area that was to give constant news, sports and traffic updates. As the tech was showing us how to update it, he typed in all kinds of example messages, just making stuff up. The next day, when the sign was turned on, along with the local sports scores and news updates, bar patrons were informed of this traffic update:

Laughing very hard But was that an accurate assessment of the situation on I-95? I'm sure it was!!

The best "misprint" we ever had here at the paper was unintentional but it was such a classic that is still talked about many years later. A steak house restaurant took out a full page ad and wanted a huge splash in the middle that said "Black Angus $14.95," or words to that effect. Well, unfortunately the typesetter forgot the "g" in "Angus" so what ran in the paper said:
(all together now)

"BLACK ANUS $14.95"

The publisher came STORMING into the production department waving a copy of the paper around, SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, "How the #$%@ did this happen? Don't these computers have SPELL CHECK?"

To which the production manager replied, totally deadpan:
"Well, yea, of course they do... unfortunately, 'Anus' is a real word."

The publisher couldn't argue with that logic, of course.

The steak place, unsurprisingly, never ran an advertisement with us again.

The running joke for many months afterward was that $14.95 was a pretty damn good price for Black Anus.

Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 7:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

Laughing very hard But was that an accurate assessment of the situation on I-95? I'm sure it was!!

The best "misprint" we ever had here at the paper was unintentional but it was such a classic that is still talked about many years later. A steak house restaurant took out a full page ad and wanted a huge splash in the middle that said "Black Angus $14.95," or words to that effect. Well, unfortunately the typesetter forgot the "g" in "Angus" so what ran in the paper said:
(all together now)

"BLACK ANUS $14.95"

The publisher came STORMING into the production department waving a copy of the paper around, SCREAMING at the top of his lungs, "How the #$%@ did this happen? Don't these computers have SPELL CHECK?"

To which the production manager replied, totally deadpan:
"Well, yea, of course they do... unfortunately, 'Anus' is a real word."

The publisher couldn't argue with that logic, of course.

The steak place, unsurprisingly, never ran an advertisement with us again.

The running joke for many months afterward was that $14.95 was a pretty damn good price for Black Anus.

That is SUCH a great story. lol!
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:58 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvDBK6E9hY&NR=1

Wouldn't want to be this guy.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 5:11 am

HellRaiser wrote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcvDBK6E9hY&NR=1

Wouldn't want to be this guy.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 7:41 am

I thought this was a thread about Spec scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I feel sorry for this guy!   I feel sorry for this guy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I feel sorry for this guy!
Page 1 of 1