Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 10, 2015 10:50 am

Sunday night, watching America's Funniest Videos with the kids, they segued videos of people getting shocked with KISS' 'Shock Me'. That shocked me more than the video's themselves. Shocked

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37644

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 8:42 am

In the slasher movie parody "The Final Girls," the slutty female camp counselor in the film-within-the-film ("Camp Bloodbath") performs a strip tease dance to Warrant's "Cherry Pie."

...naturally, the nit picker in me was compelled to point out to my wife that "Camp Bloodbath" was supposedly a film from 1986, but "Cherry Pie" didn't come out till 1990. Her response was "Whatever." Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 15, 2015 7:11 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In the slasher movie parody "The Final Girls," the slutty female camp counselor in the film-within-the-film ("Camp Bloodbath") performs a strip tease dance to Warrant's "Cherry Pie."

...naturally, the nit picker in me was compelled to point out to my wife that "Camp Bloodbath" was supposedly a film from 1986, but "Cherry Pie" didn't come out till 1990. Her response was "Whatever." Laughing very hard

Awesome. Good man, Fredo.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2015 8:05 pm

So, lately I have been watching some American Pickers and the other night, Danielle, the woman who runs their shop was wearing a Megadeth t shirt. On another episode Rick Nielsen gave them a guitar for the "picking corner" a section of their store in Nashville devoted to six strings.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 am

Just saw this a little while ago:

"Europe's appearance in a GEICO ad continues to pay dividends for the band, as "The Final Countdown" hits No. 1 on Billboard and Clio Music's Top Commercials Chart, powered by Shazam, for the month of October".
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 am

the sentinel wrote:
Just saw this a little while ago:

"Europe's appearance in a GEICO ad continues to pay dividends for the band, as "The Final Countdown" hits No. 1 on Billboard and Clio Music's Top Commercials Chart, powered by Shazam, for the month of October".

Nice! Hopefully it gets people interested in their recent stuff.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2015 9:50 pm

Yeah, their recent stuff (Secret Society, Last Look at Eden, and War of Kings) is really good.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Hardee's/Carl Jr.'s  has done it again, this time using Pantera's I'm Broken.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 8:47 pm

007 wrote:

I'll have to watch for that. It's Hardee's around here but since I'm not very familiar with Pantera I probably wouldn't have recognized it anyway.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2015 9:55 pm

007 wrote:

I saw this for the first time tonight. Carl's Jr is so cool. I still think the best spot was when they used The Ultra-Violence a couple of years back.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39559

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 1:07 pm

Another commercial :

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2016 9:38 pm

The song "Pure Hatred" by Chimaira was used in an episode of Mythbusters.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 11, 2016 8:34 pm

007 wrote:

This one came on the TV at work today. I was shocked when I heard the opening riffs and realized it was a burger commercial.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:17 pm

ESPN's "Sportscenter" has taken the footage of Europe singing "The Final Countdown" from the Geico commercial and uses it for the top plays of the night. It was good in the commercial, but I find this clunky and lame. Just my 2 pennies.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:28 pm

the sentinel wrote:
ESPN's "Sportscenter" has taken the footage of Europe singing "The Final Countdown" from the Geico commercial and uses it for the top plays of the night. It was good in the commercial, but I find this clunky and lame. Just my 2 pennies.

I find the concept funny but I'll have to see the actual execution of it before deciding if it's lame or not.

That whole Geico ad cracks me up, especially toward the end where a person sitting too close to the stage has to move to avoid being scorched by the pyro.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2016 9:59 pm

In "Night of the Demons" (1988) an Exodus "Bonded By Blood" bumper sticker is visible on a car, and a character's boom box is covered in C.O.C., Fear and Poison Idea stickers.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28436

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 12:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
In "Night of the Demons" (1988) an Exodus "Bonded By Blood" bumper sticker is visible on a car, and a character's boom box is covered in C.O.C., Fear and Poison Idea stickers.

The sequel has two songs by Morbid Angel in it: "Rapture" and "Vengeance is Mine", both off of their album Covenant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Keef, I don't think I've seen that one since the mid nineties. "NotD" is a blast from the past, brother.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2016 1:11 pm

I heard Metallic's 'Fuel' being used in a truck commercial last night. I couldn't see the tv, but I heard "Gimme fuel, gimme fire..." Might be for a new Ford.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
muckie

Number of posts : 493

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 1:31 am

TL;DR

Did anyone mention how in an episode of that 80s crime drama, Wicked City, they showed 'Mickey Ratt' on the marquee of one concert venue? Laughing Thought that was awesome!
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2016 10:28 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I heard Metallic's 'Fuel' being used in a truck commercial last night. I couldn't see the tv, but I heard "Gimme fuel, gimme fire..." Might be for a new Ford.

It was a Dodge commercial, saw it today
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:37 am

Started a new series on Netflix this weekend. A BBC series called 'River'. Anyway, during a wake in a pub, the mother of the dearly departed plays Rainbow's 'Since You've Been Gone' and starts singing along with it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 19, 2016 10:40 am

thejokeriv wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

It was a Dodge commercial, saw it today

I thought James had a Ford tattoo, so I just assumed. Looks like I was wrong on both accounts Razz

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 109354dd81f290cd0076582848c3a9e6

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 1:02 pm

In the 1991 horror film "Popcorn," the villain imprisons the virginal "final girl" in an iron maiden-style device and sez "I bet you thought Iron Maiden was just a heavy metal band!"

Back to top Go down
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 31, 2016 9:43 am

The dvd of "Inside Out" has a short called "Riley's First Date" where Riley's father and her boyfriend bond over a love of rock music, ac/dc in paticular (they even play Back in Black).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 22 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 22 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 31  Next