Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage

Go down 
+56
glassprison
Highway Star
Noetic Effect
Wurthless
muckie
the sentinel
Troublezone
Glower
Icy Grave
DakotaRogers
TheGreatDuck
Orion Crystal Ice
Svengo
corplhicks
Vexer6
Witchfinder
Boris2008
SpectreFate
Chrome Locust
chewie
sheets
James B.
brokentulsa
CRIMSONMASK
Andy
TheDoctor'sScarf
DioRainbowManowar
The_Jayroh
mlotek
Lari
Alex Von Smythe
GrandNational
Hadley
A Handful of Wayne
metalinmyveins
Nico
DeathCult
Leatherface
stepcousin
tohostudios
adrian
Required Fields
Jesusandmetal23
scottmitchell74
QuothTheRaven
manny
bassman
rawr!
Joe
jstate
Sutekh
kmorg
thejokeriv
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
60 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2015 5:09 pm

Suicidal Tendencies were on a episode of Miami Vice.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 10:58 am

Heard Motley Crue's "Shout At the Devil" in a commercial last night for some kind of super-duper-hot jalapeno pepper drenched cheese burger from Hardee's/Carl's Junior.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39646

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue May 05, 2015 11:59 am

Ah yes The Diablo Burger. Sounds delicious.

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeThu May 07, 2015 1:01 pm

No music but did anyone ever see this commercial ?

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 17, 2015 9:47 pm

Bruce Dickinson made several comments/appearances in the "Monty Python: Almost the Truth" documentary mini-series and even sang the theme song for the sixth and final episode.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2015 6:56 pm

Pantera did music for the Spongebob episode "Pre Hibernation Week"(that was actually how I first got introduced to the band).

Two of GWAR's songs, "The Private Pain of Techno Destructo" and "Gor-Gor" were re-recorded for the Cartoon Network animated series "Codename: Kids Next Door".

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2015 9:16 pm

Was watching a few episodes of Chuck over the weekend and one of them featured a fight scene that used Probot's "Shake Your Blood".

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2015 8:50 pm

In the movie Point Break, the house that became the site of the shootout towards the middle had Metallica and Slayer posters, as well as an Exodus sticker.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 17, 2015 11:41 am

Over the weekend I watched 'The Judge' with Robert Downey Jr. and Robert Duvall. Good flick.

Anyway, when Tony Stark visits his childhood home, his old bedroom is adorned with Motorhead and Pink Floyd posters (among others). He also wears a Justice-era Metallica t-shirt and a key point in the film reveals that he abandoned his high-school sweetheart when he went to a Metallica concert in '89 and never came back.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 22, 2015 8:56 am

Haven't searched this thread to see if this one was posted, but saw a commercial for terminax (or one of the bug spray companies) and point of the commercial was that bugs have another thing comin' (with Judas Priest playing in the background.)

Priest must be making a ton of cash off commercials these days - I remember the Honda Minivan commercial that used The Hellion as the music - I guess Honda is selling to the metal heads from back in the day that now have jobs, wives, kids and need to realize that owning a minivan is just as metal as Killen!
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2015 9:38 pm

It's funny, I came here to post the same thing. I think it's for Ortho. I heard the song and quickly ran to the TV. Ha. I remember the van one and they said something about "pleasing the van Gods" and I laughed cuz I thought of Halford as the Metal God. I wonder though if it's a marketing ploy aimed at us or is there someone in the room at the creation stage who is a music fan and really wants it in the commercial?

Wasn't there also one for a phone company and Halford was dressed as a "Priest"?
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 9:51 pm

I just saw Europe performing "The Final Countdown" in a Geico commercial. Laughing Cristina and I walked in to this song at our wedding. Good times. Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2015 10:45 pm

the sentinel wrote:
I just saw Europe performing "The Final Countdown" in a Geico commercial. Laughing Cristina and I walked in to this song at our wedding. Good times. Smile

I saw that too... if your Europe, you love a final countdown.....
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 21, 2015 11:52 pm

I remember watching some direct to video action film called "Strike Force" and a cool obscure rock band called Firefly was featured on the soundtrack.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2015 1:52 pm

I watched a Z-grade early 90s comedy called "Fraternity Demon" on Amazon Prime a couple of nights ago, and during a party scene the crowd was entertained by a terrible female fronted hair-metal band called "Shock-Ra," or perhaps "Chakra." I have no idea if they were an actual band or if they were just made up for the movie.

There were also guys in Megadeth and Scorpions t-shirts in a couple of scenes, plus a homeless guy hanging around outside the party was wearing a "Songs About F***king" t-shirt from the industrial band "Big Black." I thought to myself, "that's some pretty obscure musical taste for a hobo." Laughing very hard

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 10:06 am

the sentinel wrote:

My wife and I saw it last night and she laughed out loud and sad "Oh my God, is that really them?" I thought that in itself was pretty funny.

Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2015 12:31 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

My wife and I saw it last night and she laughed out loud and sad "Oh my God, is that really them?" I thought that in itself was pretty funny.

I saw that,too! Thought it was great that they have a good sense of humor and what a great way to put their faces back into the public consciousness.

..... and it was a current version of the song, note Joey's voice.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2015 7:50 pm

chewie wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
the sentinel wrote:

I saw that,too! Thought it was great that they have a good sense of humor and what a great way to put their faces back into the public consciousness.

..... and it was a current version of the song, note Joey's voice.

It took me about 25 viewing of that commercial to notice the person at a table near the front by the band who moves because the pyro is erupting all over them. 

I also like the heavyset, middle-aged chick who's rocking out by the end. 

I swear, Geico has some of the best creative marketers in the business.  Between the gecko, the cavemen, the "Hump Day" commercials, the "everybody knows that" and now this latest campaign of "...it's what you do".  Genius.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 2:51 pm

I was watching the Rodney Dangerfield flick Ladybugs and the 2 kids in it are watching a video of L.A. Guns' Kiss My Love Goodbye.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2015 5:39 pm

I noticed both Slayer's Postmortem and Faith No More's Surprise, You're Dead when I watched Gremlins 2 a couple weeks ago.

Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28455

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2015 3:54 pm

S.D. wrote:
I noticed both Slayer's Postmortem and Faith No More's Surprise, You're Dead when I watched Gremlins 2 a couple weeks ago.  

Angel of Death, not Postmortem.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 17, 2015 7:56 pm

[quote="MetalGuy71"]Watching an old episode of Seinfeld over the weekend, when George & his girlfriend are playing Trivial Pursuit with the Bubble Boy ("Moors! Moops!!") I spotted both a House of Lords poster and an Ugly Kid Joe poster on the wall.

Yeah, this one was on the other night. Smile
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 18, 2015 6:16 pm

I was flipping channels earlier today and there was a movie on called "For Your Consideration" and there is a scene of a fake Late Night studio band and Satriani is the guitarist. Pretty funny.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7613

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 31, 2015 11:51 am

Ash Vs. Evil Dead featured:

Deep Purple - Space Truckin'

The Amboy Dukes - Journey To The Center Of The Mind
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Hadley
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 991

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 02, 2015 2:05 pm

In the Dennis Leary movie "The Ref", you can see a Vince Neil poster on the son's wall.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage   Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage - Page 21 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Unexpected Rock/Metal Movie & TV Usage
Page 21 of 31Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 31  Next