Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought this CD for $1...

Go down 
+48
Icy Grave
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Lari
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Infinite
thrashidolatry
Boris2008
Gryphon-kl
SwordsChains
Barbecuetioner
ZombieHavoc
Shiney
Hadley
novellahub
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
martinsane
dirtracin1
CHONGeYeD
adrian
Nico
Sutekh
exact33
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
DallasBlack
kmorg
Thrasher73
Gilbert
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
jstate
nevermore
manny
chewie
Fat Freddy
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
AuthorMessage
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:44 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
A few days ago at the local thrift store for .99 cents...$1.06 with tax.
I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Birth_of_the_Cool

That's a great find and a great album!

I went thrift store hunting yesterday at every mom & pop/church store in town and a couple of Goodwills. I thought I'd come out with something, but it was nothing more than a sad waste of time. Sad
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:54 am

It's been pretty slim pickings in my town too. No one is turning in cds to Goodwill anymore. Anyone that wanted to ditch their music collections and go all digital have done so already. Things come in drips and drabs anymore. Lots of copies of the "Friends" tv show soundtrack though.  Razz 

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 10:57 am

I haven't had time to hit my local thrift store for a couple of weeks now. I'm jonesin'. Very Happy

The last time I was in there a bunch of stuff had been dumped into the CD bin, but it was a lot of junk... though I briefly considered picking up all three of Meat Loaf's Bat Out of Hell albums... shoot, I didn't even know there was a Bat Out of Hell III.  surprised 

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:10 pm

I've been noticing that even the thrift shops and Goodwills in the area just don't have many cds in stock, period. Where they previously had at least 4 or 5 shelves of assorted crap, most of them now are down to 1 or 2 shelves if that, tops.

I'd like to know what happened to all their previous merch? Is there a landfill somewhere over in Jersey filled to the brim with used Christmas and Dion Warwick cds?

Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 3:49 pm

It's all Christian music here in Cali.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 24, 2014 9:58 pm

corplhicks wrote:
It's all Christian music here in Cali.

Which would be great if it was all circa 1985.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 pm

The thrift store came up big again this week. .99 cents each...

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Front

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Jimi-Hendrix-Blues

I owned that Leatherwolf once before, but didn't think much of it and sold it away. However I couldn't in good conscious leave a copy sitting there for a buck. I'll give it another go for that price.

I have the Hendrix album already, but figured I can make my dollar back and then some on ebay with a 2nd copy.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2014 3:00 pm

I paid considerably more for that Leatherwolf. A lot more. Good score.

From the local Elks Lodge Yard Sale

unfortunately most of the cds were just empty cases. Sucked too because it was a treasure trove of greatest hits collections which would have rounded out a lot of my discography collecting. Oh well, back to ignoring greatest hits albums in collecting.

Three dollars for the whole bag of stuff

Black Sabbath - We Sold Our Soul For Rock N' Roll
Aerosmith - Just Push Play
Woodstock O.S.T.
ZZ Top - Antenna

and on dvd
The Three Stooges 75th Anniversary Collector's Edition Tin
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Live: The Vicious Cycle Tour
Halloween remaster (I now own every version of this that has been released. Basically bought it for the Halloween Unmasked 2000 Documentary. Which was too short and nothing new info wise)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 8:35 pm

Dixie Chicks - Taking the Long Way

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:09 pm

I actually scored a copy of Metallica's Garage Days Re-Revisited cd at Goodwill earlier tonight. I replaced the busted up jewel case but the cd is in great shape.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2014 11:36 pm

Had a great encounter at the Manteca Goodwill yesterday.

Skid Row - Slave to the Grind - OK so I already have this but what's remarkable here is that both GTFO and Beggar's Day are included, with the latter being denoted as a bonus track. Also the spine is in Japanese, so yup this is an import. Pretty cool to have a version with both tracks, and for a dollar!

Georgia Satellites - s/t
Tom Petty - Damn the Torpedos
Soundgarden - Badmotorfinger
Pearl Jam - Ten and Vs (to replaced my scratched up copies yeeha!)
Wilco - Summerteeth
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 10:33 am

I found this while dumpster diving in a local downtown record shop for 99 cents.

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Tribute+to+the+Misfits

I wasn't quite sure what to expect, but I figured I'd give it a shot for a buck. It's a (mostly) instrumental album of Misfits songs covered in surf guitar style, like Dick Dale or The Ventures. The only vocals are the occasional "Whoa-whoa-whoooa" in a few tunes or the random "1,2,3,4 GOOOOO!!" at the beginning.

I looked it up online and there is very little info on the band or album. One interesting tidbit I did find was that this cd version is apparently a bootleg. The bass player in the band was fired or quit, depending on who you ask, and made his own copies to sell. It's pretty well done, not a cheap cdr. It's got a booklet and everything.

Overall, a very cool addition to my collection and just in time for Halloween. If you like surf rock (I do) and The Misfits (I do), I'd recommend this album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 01, 2014 2:06 pm

I'd buy that. Hell yeah!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 24, 2015 2:29 pm

from Goodwill for $1:

Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2015 12:31 am

exact33 wrote:
from Goodwill for $1:

Zero Hour - The Towers of Avarice

Score! Brilliant album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 17, 2015 12:36 pm

I bought all of these for a buck apiece at the thrift store a week or two ago:

Sepultura - Beneath the Remains, Roots, Blood Rooted and Against
Biohazard - Urban Discipline and State of the World Address
Megadeth - Killing is My Business... (Combat Recs. copy unfortunately w/o "These Boots")
Testament - Low, Demonic, and Practice What You Preach
Various - Tales From the Crypt Presents Demon Knight (soundtrack)
Death - Death & Raw: Live in L.A.
Jane's Addiction - Ritual De Lo Habitual
Green Jelly - Cereal Killer Soundtrack
Down - NOLA

Best haul in a long time! :cheese:

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:02 pm

It looks like your thrift store mojo has returned. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 18, 2015 9:04 pm

the sentinel wrote:
It looks like your thrift store mojo has returned. Smile

I'm enjoying it while it lasts cuz experience has taught me that the mojo can disappear without warning at any time...

Went back there today to see if there were any more metal pickin's left behind after my last haul... only found one this time...

Biohazard - Kill Or Be Killed

...unfortunately, it sucks. Oh well, can't win 'em all.

Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:26 pm

Jon Oliva's Pain - 'Tage Mahal

Actually, $1.04 as I outbid the other guy at .99. It''s a sweet Promo copy too from Germany. headbanger
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 3:58 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Jon Oliva's Pain - 'Tage Mahal

Actually, $1.04 as I outbid the other guy at .99. It''s a sweet Promo copy too from Germany. headbanger

headbanger

It's worth that much just for the song "People Say - Gimme Some Hell."
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2015 8:02 pm

Absolutely. I thinks it's awesome when bands with a rich history reference themselves. I liked it when Priest did this on AoR a few years back. Spun it earlier today and it's a killer disc!
Back to top Go down
bgsully
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bgsully

Number of posts : 1692

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 21, 2015 10:45 am

Went to a few thrift stores and picked up these:

$1
Bullet Boys - za za
Lita Ford - stiletto
Joe Satriani - the extremist

(Also found:
Over Kill - from the underground and below $3
WHite Lion - big game $2)
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 03, 2015 9:48 am

Couple of yard sale finds yesterday for a buck each...
I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Image?locale=en-us&w=400&h=400
The remastered version from 1999 with extra tracks not on the original 1984 release. Mint condition too.

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 TheFratellis-CostelloMusic
Didn't know anything about these guys, but the cover grabbed my attention. Luckily I had my phone on me and they are a Scottish garage-rock band. For a dollar, I'll give 'em a shot.

Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:29 pm

Shark Island - Live at the Whiskey Smile
Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6328

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 11, 2015 8:39 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 TheFratellis-CostelloMusic
Didn't know anything about these guys, but the cover grabbed my attention. Luckily I had my phone on me and they are a Scottish garage-rock band. For a dollar, I'll give 'em a shot.

The song Chelsea Dagger is the goal song for the Chicago Blackhawks. Being a Hawks fan I hear it a couple of hundred times each year. I'm kind of neutral to the actual quality (whatever!), but it does bring a positive connotation with it. Especially in the playoffs!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 18 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought this CD for $1...
Page 18 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 10 ... 17, 18, 19  Next