Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

I bought this CD for $1...

Go down 
+48
Icy Grave
brokentulsa
DakotaRogers
Thelemech
Lari
corplhicks
Witchfinder
Infinite
thrashidolatry
Boris2008
Gryphon-kl
SwordsChains
Barbecuetioner
ZombieHavoc
Shiney
Hadley
novellahub
mikeinfla
jettafiend
James B.
ShadowAngel
GrandNational
martinsane
dirtracin1
CHONGeYeD
adrian
Nico
Sutekh
exact33
MetalGuy71
stepcousin
DallasBlack
kmorg
Thrasher73
Gilbert
EvyMetal
A Handful of Wayne
scottmitchell74
Eyesore
Alex Dee Rokket
jstate
nevermore
manny
chewie
Fat Freddy
Joe
Shawn Of Fire
52 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next
AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:39 pm

kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
from Goodwill for a $1 still sealed:

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 41yHud5c0wL._SL500_AA300_

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War (Digi) still sealed

You over-payed very happy

Better deal than what I can find at Goodwill. I finally found one that had a nice sized CD section and the best thing I found was a Kingdom Come CD that had paper tape stuck to the top of the disc (impossible to get off-somebody had already tried) and they wanted $3 for it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 23, 2012 1:42 pm

kmorg wrote:
exact33 wrote:
from Goodwill for a $1 still sealed:

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 41yHud5c0wL._SL500_AA300_

Mayhem - Grand Declaration of War (Digi) still sealed

You over-payed very happy

its trade fodder to be honest.

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 24, 2012 7:25 pm

Nick Drake - Pink Moon

Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 29, 2012 3:36 pm

From a very nice older lady selling CDs/DVDs by the side of the road. Only problem was she smoking like a chimney and had no qualms about blowing it my way. Real old school charm there. Had forgotten what that was like.

Genesis - From Generals To Revelation +2 demos
Genesis - A Trick Of The Tail
Disaster Strikes - Liberty Toast
Morphine - Yes
Coheed & Cambria - Good Apollo I'm A Burning Star IV Vol. 1
Jakc Logan - Bulk
Burning Spear - Appointment With His Majesty
Tori Amos - Little Rarities (which I'm guessing is a bootleg)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 am

From the replenished Hastings dollar bin

Ronnie Montrose - The Diva Station
Aimee Mann - Ultimate Collection
Simon & Garfunkel - Collected Works
Modest Mouse - Baron Von B.S. Rides Again
Lou Barlow - Home Recordings
Radiohead - Stop Whispering (bought it solely for the acoustic version of Creep, which I then hated but the other three tracks were killer. I may have to seek out a copy of Pablo Honey now.)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 11:11 am

More from the roadside seller and as a repeat customer she cut me a deal.

The The - Dusk
The The - Solitude
Everlast - Whitey Ford Sings The Blue
Pretenders - Last Of The Independents
Breeders - Last Splash
Swing Out Sister - It's Better To Travel
Lemonheads - car button cloth
Ditch Croaker - Shortwave (some fantastic 90's alt rock, one of those great blind buys I got just because I liked the band's name)
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 10:22 am

From Hastings dollar bin

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 100_3033[/img]
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 30, 2012 5:30 pm

The charity shops are pretty clued up nowadays, I saw a branch of Oxfam were selling the first three Razor albums and Deathrow Satans Curse all original vinyl copies on Ebay a couple of months ago but the bidding went a bit over what I would pay. I just couldn't believe that someone just boxed up that little haul and sent them to the charity shop.

Probably my best was Megadeth original Killing is my Business MFN CD for £7! Very Happy from a second hand shop. Pretty hard to get and virtually impossible at that price.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 10:03 am

An original Killing Is My Business would be a dream find for me. Best I've done Megadeth wise is a Hangar 18 promo disc with some unreleased live stuff on it.

I hear you on these places getting clued up on the rare stuff. Several Goodwill stores around here are now doing the silent auction thing with the collectables. And now I see a ton of Goodwill listings on amazon. Ah, it was a nice run while it lasted.

At least I still got the local Hastings store putting out rare stuff for a buck. Latest dollar bin finds....

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 100_3034[/img]
Back to top Go down
thrashidolatry
Metal novice
Metal novice
thrashidolatry

Number of posts : 6

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 27, 2013 8:50 am

Got several lately:
http://www.ebay.ch/itm/321054547784?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_1097wt_906
Super bargain as there's only one listed on gemm.com for 100$+ and one sold recently for 40$+ on ebay.
Plus I got both records from Japanese thrash band United for 15$.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 7:16 pm

The fact that we don't have $'s in the U.K means that I can't buy a CD for one, but I did get

Strapping Young Lad - City
Strapping Young Lad - Strapping Young Lad
Strapping Young Lad - Alien

For the princely sum of £1.42 for all 3 ($2.24) I did have to pay £1.50 ($2.37) postage so it may not count but I'm still pretty happy! Very Happy

I love eBay!!
Back to top Go down
Infinite
Metal student
Metal student
Infinite

Number of posts : 169

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 2:26 pm

I have a place near me that sells CDs for two bucks. Man, I've cleaned up at that place so many times. Lots of rare stuff, both Christian and secular. It's six huge table-shaped cases with the CDS spine up. Thing is, you never know where they've added stuff because they just throw it in wherever there's an empty space. That's cool with me though, 'cause I like the thrill of the hunt.

The only thing that drives me crazy is, the guy's got boxes full of CDs in the back, but he won't let me go through them, 'cause "it's a mess back there". Man, it's kills me to think of all the gems that could be sitting in those boxes! I'm still working on him though. Maybe someday...
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2013 11:06 am

Some thrift store/Hastings grabs

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-21[/img]
[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-15[/img]

From Acts thrift store in Pasadena (buy one for a buck get another free). Also picked up an awesome Maryland hoodie and water bottle. Cool place.

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-12[/img]
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 03, 2013 11:56 am

Some more Acts finds, plus had a coupon for 20% off

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-36[/img]
[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-37[/img]
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:45 am

Buy any 2 used cds at FYE, get the 3rd for a buck. Re-purchased this one...

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 161ac0a398a068ee04a21210.L._SY300_

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37649

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 11, 2013 9:56 am

Hit a newly-opened Goodwill store in my area for the first time this weekend. I was pleased to see several shelves full of CDs but most of them were either crap, empty cases, or had completely different discs inside the cases. (Quite a few of them were computer software CDs, which drives me f*cking nuts... why don't they just throw those away? I mean, who goes thrift shopping and sez "Wow, look! Windows 95!") ...

...where was I? Oh yeah. Just when I was about to give up I came across a pretty mint copy of AdrianGale's Feel the Fire debut, which was a good pickup for 99 cents.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 3:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Hit a newly-opened Goodwill store in my area for the first time this weekend. I was pleased to see several shelves full of CDs but most of them were either crap, empty cases, or had completely different discs inside the cases. (Quite a few of them were computer software CDs, which drives me f*cking nuts... why don't they just throw those away? I mean, who goes thrift shopping and sez "Wow, look! Windows 95!") ...

Sadly, that describes every single Goodwill store I've been to around here. Unfortunatly, there was no silver lining in my visits. I was able to get a TV and a VCR for about $25. Unfortunatly, there is no universal remotes that allows me to change the recording speed from SP to EP. TV works fine though Very Happy .
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 6:53 am

jstate wrote:
Some more Acts finds, plus had a coupon for 20% off

I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-36
Ednaswap. Nice! One of my favorite bands. Shame they never got the recognition they deserved.

Sad thing about that band:

They put three different versions of this song on three different albums and it got them nothing. Obviously they knew it had potential to be a hit, you know. Then Natalie Imbruglia comes along and covers it, turns it into a dancey/poppy song, and it's HUGE, makes her millions!

And she never gave Ednaswap credit, always called it her song. That's gotta sting.

You know what Scott Cutler and Anne Preven (the main songwriters in Ednaswap) do now? They're industry songwriters, penning tunes for Madonna, Beyonce, Katy Perry, Miley Cyrus, and a bunch of others.

Guess they learned that lesson. Haha.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:15 am

I love the version on the e.p.. And it isn't even close to my favorite song on there. Natalie Imbrulia's version is just so processed and void of emotion. Doesn't do the song justice. Never quite got her. At the time I would watch Muchmusic out of Canada and they would have these great singer-songwriters on there who were just as "cute" and actually had a warmth/personality to them. I want somewhere to be a gang of Holly McNarland, Emm Gryner, Damhait Doyle, Tara MacLean, and led by Chantal Kreviazuk to be plotting a robbery of Natalie I's millions sold that should've been theirs.

Didn't the Ednaswap people at least get all the royalties? And good for them for making some cash in the business writing for other people. That has to be some consolation.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 11:44 am

jstate wrote:
I love the version on the e.p.. And it isn't even close to my favorite song on there. Natalie Imbrulia's version is just so processed and void of emotion. Doesn't do the song justice. Never quite got her. At the time I would watch Muchmusic out of Canada and they would have these great singer-songwriters on there who were just as "cute" and actually had a warmth/personality to them. I want somewhere to be a gang of Holly McNarland, Emm Gryner, Damhait Doyle, Tara MacLean, and led by Chantal Kreviazuk to be plotting a robbery of Natalie I's millions sold that should've been theirs.

Didn't the Ednaswap people at least get all the royalties? And good for them for making some cash in the business writing for other people. That has to be some consolation.
Dude! Emm Gryner and Tara Maclean are two of my favorites. Maclean's Silence album rivals any singer-songwriter album ever.

And I don't know how much Ednaswap got from Imbruglia's cover; I just know I read an interview where they kinda-sorta complained that they got no credit for it.

Have you ever heard Annetenna?
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 9:12 pm

Hit the Goodwill yesterday and scored:
The Gypsy Kings - Greatest Hits
INXS - Elegantly Wasted
INXS - Listen Like Thieves
Blind Guardian - A Night at the Opera

This being my first BG purchase, and being completely unfamiliar with them, we shall see. The first track is pretty sweet tho. I am digging it.
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 6:22 pm

Quote :

No, but will cue some up the next time I'm roaming around youtube.

Quote :
Emm Gryner and Tara Maclean are two of my favorites

I had celebrity crushes on both of them long after one should be of an age having celebrity crushes. And it wasn't just because of how attractive they are.

Quote :
INXS - Elegantly Wasted

Good finds. Does your Goodwill only charge a dollar?
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:38 pm

jstate wrote:
Quote :

No, but will cue some up the next time I'm roaming around youtube.

Quote :
Emm Gryner and Tara Maclean are two of my favorites

I had celebrity crushes on both of them long after one should be of an age having celebrity crushes. And it wasn't just because of how attractive they are.
lol!

I hear ya. If you can dig anything remotely country, check out Shaye. If you haven't already, of course.

Some stuff I really dig, like the first clip, but others are too pop country for me, like the second. Anyway, if you're a Tara Maclean fan, maybe you'll enjoy it. They put out two albums.

And Annetenna was a post-Ednaswap group featuring Anne Preven and Scott Cutler. Basically Ednaswap with a different name. They put out one album and then disappeared.

Sadly that one album was available for free download and on CD. I bought the CD, which was a CDR. That CDR no longer plays properly. I ripped it, but every song has popping and scratchy-annoying stuff going on. That was years ago; they CD has probably degraded so much now it won't even play.

Wish I had downloaded those songs way back then because it's a good album. They even covered Ednaswap's "74 Willow."
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 10:57 am

Shaye should be like a music wet dream from '95, but for me it comes off too safe and calculated. Still good and in a just world would be huge in the pop/country circles but nowhere near the individual works of the people involved.

For .25 cents at local church yard sale. Also scored a brand new Duncan Yo-Yo for that price. Love Yo-Yos.

[img]I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Photo-43[/img]
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:49 pm

jstate wrote:

Quote :
INXS - Elegantly Wasted

Good finds. Does your Goodwill only charge a dollar?

No, but if the color is right and the store is getting ready to change locations...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I bought this CD for $1...   I bought this CD for $1... - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I bought this CD for $1...
Page 11 of 19Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 15 ... 19  Next