Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...

Go down 
+13
tohostudios
stepcousin
MetalGuy71
Hate Forest
Wargod
metalinmyveins
bassman
Fat Freddy
chewie
exact33
manny
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 15, 2010 8:02 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I can resist no longer.

One of my most hated bands threatening to once again inundate the world with their AOR, chick-drivel is certainly a sign of the apocalypse.

It's Mecha-Journey unleashing their wrath on an unsuspecting world....

lol! Laughing very hard

I was wondering how long you would be able to contain yourself!

I think for Toho, Journey should split into two bands - one with Perry and one with Arnel so there can be twice the Journey goodness!!

Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:40 pm

I just heard on the radio this morning that apparently this never happened and he never asked to rejoin them.....Actually, I just found a link to the same thing I heard on the radio station:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/genre/e3ic1904d9b2e94022af7684cd4d32a5f27?imw=Y
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:51 pm

Hate Forest wrote:
I just heard on the radio this morning that apparently this never happened and he never asked to rejoin them.....Actually, I just found a link to the same thing I heard on the radio station:

http://www.billboard.biz/bbbiz/content_display/genre/e3ic1904d9b2e94022af7684cd4d32a5f27?imw=Y

Ahhhhhhhhh....

All's right with the world again....

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 16, 2010 7:58 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Hate Forest wrote:

Ahhhhhhhhh....

All's right with the world again....

I want two Journey's angry

Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 9:05 am

#1 - the rumor was BS

#2 - he did not leave to "embark on a solo career"...he has had a solo career for 25 years since Street Talk...

#3 - the new album is not quite finished...it is not "mixed & mastered"...

#4 - Steve Perry will never come back to Journey...he recognizes (like most bands should) that what they had was special and can never be duplicated. He also recognizes that he is not in his 20s or 30s anymore (he's 60, I believe)...he can still sing, but not at the level he once did, night after night, in that range. They could tune down, but I think he knows himself well enough and knows his voice well enough and respects his legacy well enough to let it be.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:34 am

The Billboard link only says that Steve isn't rejoining the band and that they are recording a new album with the new guy.

It doesn't addresss the original topic that Steve Perry asked to rejoin the group and was told to piss off. For all we know that part could still be true.

I don't give a rat's ass either way. Just trying to stir the pot a little. Twisted Evil

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 11:56 am

Well, it makes for good press and it gets Toho riled up. lol!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 17, 2010 12:37 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
Well, it makes for good press and it gets Toho riled up. lol!

lol!

and thats good in my book!!

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 12:57 am

JOURNEY TO THE CENTRE OF ETERNITY>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 14, 2011 1:14 pm

I'd like to see a one off reunion show with Steve Perry and Journey.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 11:15 am

Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 83628

Did not want to start a new thread so here is some Journey related news:

STEVE PERRY TO WORK ON NEW MUSIC SOON
THIS NEWS BROUGHT TO YOU BY VH1’S DAVE BASNER

Former Journey singer Steve Perry plans to work on new music soon. The rocker told Billboard.com that he’s finishing building a studio in his California home, just south of San Diego, and once that’s up, he’ll get in it. He explained, “I’ve written a whole bunch of ideas and directions, all over the map, in the last two, three years,” and he’ll start “trying to track” them when the studio is built. Read more at Billboard.com.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:37 pm

I imagine toho cannot wait!!!

James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12620

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 12:54 pm

Maybe Steve-o-reno can find a band on YouTube ?

Metal master
Metal master
EmoElmo

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 5:16 am

Oh, The tough ECONOMIC times ha!
At this point, I prefer Pineda by a mile...Screw Steve
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...   Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Steve Perry wants to go on a Journey once more...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2