Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Narnia Calls It Quits

Go down 
+16
Gilbert
Lari
powermacho
jerseyultifan+
Glenn Rogers
ultmetal
MetalRob331
GrandNational
Leatherface
Metallic Blaze
Fat Freddy
metalken
tohostudios
exact33
ZetaReticuli
A Handful of Wayne
20 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Lionheartâ„¢
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 61

Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 5:13 pm

I loved "Enter The Gate" and "The Great Fall" but was disappointed in the new one. The first 3 weren't all that great either. It's a shame as I thought they were beginning to find their greatness after Enter The Gate with Christian, and then he left, and the momentum was lost.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 5:54 am

Lari wrote:
I couldn't get into them. I've even seen them live.

But those Rob Rock albums rule!

Plenty of respect for them for doing what they did all those years though. Though protestant Christian, Scandinavia is probably not the easiest environment to play Christian metal in. I'm not sure about Sweden, but at least Norway is heavy on the black metal bands, and Finland has a hundred new pagan folk metal bands popping up every month.

Yeah there is no such thing as a christian metal scene here, i think the only place that excists is in the US, but honestly i think metal bands with a christian message gets treated the same as any other metal band.
As for Narnia, they were ok but never great imo.
The Great Fall and Enter The Gate were good, but Rivels singing ruins it for me.
The last one has improved a lot on the vocals, but still there is something lacking in the songwriting, not bad at all, just not great.
Christians lyrics were alway cheese dripping and sort of naive, but it can`t be easy to write about such a personal thing as faith in a language that`s not your native....
At least they were never as bad as Strypers Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:46 am

I like a big 'ol hunk of cheese every once in a while! Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 9:48 am

ultmetal wrote:
I like a big 'ol hunk of cheese every once in a while! Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_biggrin

Who amongst us has not, at least occasionally, hankered for a hunk o' cheese?

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:23 am

I'm hankering for some right now.

Not familiar with Narnia, and judging by some of the posts here, it's probably not my thing. Still a shame that a mildy successful band (ie Metal Church) calls it quits because of the crappy record industry and lack of fan support.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 1:07 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I'm hankering for some right now.

Not familiar with Narnia, and judging by some of the posts here, it's probably not my thing. Still a shame that a mildy successful band (ie Metal Church) calls it quits because of the crappy record industry and lack of fan support.

Narnia has always been spotty for me. When they rock - its enjoyable but those moments are few and far between with Christian on vocals.

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:07 pm

exact33 wrote:
Narnia has always been spotty for me. When they rock - its enjoyable but those moments are few and far between with Christian on vocals.

I agree 100%.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I agree 100%.

wheres the other 10%??? Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_razz

Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 7:57 pm

Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Narnia Calls It Quits   Narnia Calls It Quits - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Narnia Calls It Quits
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2