Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enough with the remakes!!!

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Boris2008
James B.
corplhicks
jstate
DallasBlack
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Lurideath
DeathCult
Orion Crystal Ice
sheets
Stender
Addy
Jesusandmetal23
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
Leatherface
manny
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
tohostudios
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 5:00 pm

sheets wrote:
I won't be surprised if we see "Uncle Ben's Rice: The Motion Picture" coming soon.

I nominate Morgan Freeman to play Uncle Ben.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:17 pm

I nominate Morgan Freeman to play God.

Wait...........

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Morgan-freeman-god
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 8:22 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
sheets wrote:
Speaking of The Blob, the 80s version is actually pretty good. Kind of stupid in parts but a cut above most remakes.

The problem with remakes in Hollywood is that it's part of an overall fixation on "brand recognition". Movies are no longer movies, they're part of multimedia brands intended to promote merchandise sales. This is also why we now get movies based on theme park rides and board games and why we'll probably start seeing movies based on breakfast cereal mascots in the near future. I won't be surprised if we see "Uncle Ben's Rice: The Motion Picture" coming soon.

It's actually not quite like that dude. Though I do understand your point.

There are still some great movies out there - original and remakes.

I'm a movie buff myself.

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 929441

There may be some great movies out there in genres you like but in the science fiction and horror genres, great ORIGINAL movies are sorely lacking IMO.

Hell, they've even created a sequel to one of your "favorites" MB, The Descent 2.

I'm gonna get it but I already know it's gonna suck.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 1:11 am

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Lol
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Read more about the prequel to The Thing today. They shooting it in Alaska, and they have brought in 8(!!) Norwegian actors to do the roles of the ... Norwegians (duh!). So that is actually good, as the actors they have hired are all GREAT actors! One of them even starred alongside Antonio Banderas in Warrior 13. This is the most Norwegian actors in a Hollywood ,ade movie ever. Very Happy

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:13 pm

kmorg wrote:
Read more about the prequel to The Thing today. They shooting it in Alaska, and they have brought in 8(!!) Norwegian actors to do the roles of the ... Norwegians (duh!). So that is actually good, as the actors they have hired are all GREAT actors! One of them even starred alongside Antonio Banderas in Warrior 13. This is the most Norwegian actors in a Hollywood ,ade movie ever. Very Happy

Sounds like it's gonna be KILLER!!!

And enough with the naysayers. Remakes/prequels, etc. can be good!

It all depends on the individual movies.

Some suck. Some do NOT!!!

And if you think mainstream movies are just there to sell things (which this has been the case on occasion - but it's the exception, not the rule!), then just watch Independant movies. There are tons of them to keep you occupied!!!

If you don't like the remakes, or the original for that matter. STOP WATCHING them! It's a simple solution really.

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 201269
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 6:48 pm

Been sayin this since they started in with them big.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 7:57 pm

DeathCult wrote:

I haven't been to a movie theater since Godzilla 2000.

And I don't miss it one bit.

But stupidly, I admit I continue to buy the remakes on DVD. I just ordered Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 a couple days ago. I actually liked most of his remake of the original until Michael Myers broke out of the asylum and went on his killing spree. From that point to the end it was basically a re-creation of the original. But the backstory before that had me interested so I'm giving his version of H2 a try.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:29 pm

Anyone want to see the 'Tron' sequel?

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Tron-legacy-trailer-video

Definitely happening for me.. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 9:43 pm

The trailer for the new "Tron" is pretty neat-O. The problem is, I haven't seen the original "Tron" since I was in high school so I'd have to re-watch it again before even bothering with the sequel.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 07, 2010 10:16 pm

Okay, I gotta see this sequel in IMAX 3D Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 11840
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 7:10 am

Heck yah! That new Tron looks to be quite good!
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 12:27 pm

I'm curious about the new Tron movie although I'm kind of weirded out that they made it at all. I like the original because it has such a striking look - humans in black and white with neon colors everywhere else.

I liked the Tron 2.0 video game that came out a few years ago. I should probably load it up on my computer and finish playing it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 08, 2010 1:53 pm

tohostudios wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I haven't been to a movie theater since Godzilla 2000.

Great movie. AND they're saying another remake of Big G is in the works.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Some times remakes are great. Most of the remakes I have seen have been really good. I wasn't much of a fan of some of these movies becuase of the cheese factor. The way they make movies now makes it almost feel like you are there. I think the acting is a lot better and even though the story changes sometimes, they really do good things in lighting, camera angles, etc to improve the quality.

I'll take a new Nightmare on Elm Street any day. The originals were dumber than dumb!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 12:33 am

I'm struggling to think of any really good remakes, right now, to be honest. I'm sure there are a few, but they are vastly outnumbered by the horrible ones. Originality is a rare beast in Hollywood today.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:42 am

I don't watch nearly as many movies as some of you moes, but I have yet to see any remake that was better than the original. There are good remakes out there, sure, but very few if any that are better.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:50 am

To be honest, I'm kind of ambivalent on the remake thing. Some are OK, some of 'em suck.

I'll usually check out a remake due to the curiosity factor. I don't ever expect them to be better than the original film, therefore I'm rarely disappointed.

I'm also generally not one to get all ticked off when they announce a remake of so-and-so. If they're so out of ideas in Hollywood that they feel the need to polish up some golden oldie for a new generation, than so be it. Nobody's putting a gun to my head and making me go see it.

...that said, I still hope the planned remake of "RoboCop" (my favorite movie of all time) dies a horrible death at the box office. Some things just shouldn't be messed with! Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 505193

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:52 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I'll usually check out a remake due to the curiosity factor. I don't ever expect them to be better than the original film, therefore I'm rarely disappointed.

I'm also generally not one to get all ticked off when they announce a remake of so-and-so. If they're so out of ideas in Hollywood that they feel the need to polish up some golden oldie for a new generation, than so be it. Nobody's putting a gun to my head and making me go see it.

...that said, I still hope the planned remake of "RoboCop" (my favorite movie of all time) dies a horrible death at the box office. Some things just shouldn't be messed with.

Speaking of Robocop, I had no idea that in the 80's their was short lived cartoon series based on the movie, what in the hell where cartoon producers on to think this was a good idea?
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 am

Quote :
in the 80's
Quote :
this was a good idea

Cocaine's a helluva drug.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 11:55 am

manny wrote:

Speaking of Robocop, I had no idea that in the 80's their was short lived cartoon series based on the movie, what in the hell where cartoon producers on to think this was a good idea?

Yea, I vaguely remember that 'toon. Never saw it except for a couple of random clips on YouTube, and it looked pretty horrible. I don't think it lasted very long. By the time the film series got to "RoboCop 3" the mayhem had been pretty well toned down (RC3 was rated PG-13, while the first two had been rated R), probably in a misguided attempt to make RoboCop into a kiddie hero that they could turn into cartoons, action figures, etc.

As bad as "RoboCop 3" was, it was still miles ahead of the equally (thankfully) short lived syndicated TV series that ran for about a year in the early 90s. Good LAWD that was horrible! Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 78889

Back to top Go down
TheDoctor'sScarf
Metal graduate
Metal graduate

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2010 1:07 am

I can't stand remakes. Most bring nothing new to the table (some are shot for shot for crying out loud), and they're just nothing but Hollywood cash-cows for the most part. There are some that I've enjoyed: The Thing, The Blob ('88), and Night of the Living Dead ('90). But I most definitely don't prefer those as well put together as they are.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 03, 2010 4:59 pm

Some good news for the remake haters among ye: the planned remake of "Red Dawn" which was supposed to be released later this year has halted production, due to MGM's near-total financial meltdown. MGM is dead broke right now (which is why the next James Bond movie and "The Hobbit" are also on hold) and unless they find a buyer for the studio or some other form of cash flow, they may be declaring bankruptcy very soon.

Supposedly principal photography on "Red Dawn" had been finished but there was still much post-production work (i.e. special effects, music, etc.) to be done before it was put on hold.

Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 04, 2010 10:27 am

That is good news!

I also read that there was a problem with this new version trying to find a suitable "enemy" for the Wolverines to fight against. Since we don't have the Russians to kick around no more, finding a villian proved harder than expected. Asian groups protested Chinese/North Korean communists invading and Middle Eastern groups were upset at the portrayal of Islamic extremists as terrorists.

Man, what's the world coming too when you can't find a non-stereotypical villian for some high school kids to beat up?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3891

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Some of those I have heard being remade like Red Dawn. I think it will be an ok remake.

Some of these others though should not be done. A new Police Adaemy? Well there goes the greatness of that film!

I'd like to see a remake of The Dirty Dozen though... that would rule! Yes the original is genius but I think a remake would be great! Didn't see it on the list though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enough with the remakes!!!
Page 3 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next