Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enough with the remakes!!!

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Boris2008
James B.
corplhicks
jstate
DallasBlack
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Lurideath
DeathCult
Orion Crystal Ice
sheets
Stender
Addy
Jesusandmetal23
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
Leatherface
manny
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
tohostudios
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Enough with the remakes!!! Empty
PostSubject: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:13 pm

Watching the Final Four and I just saw a trailer for a new version of Nightmare On Elm Street.

Puh-leeeze! Doesn't anyone in Hollywood have an original idea anymore? No wonder I run to Asian cinema.

Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:14 pm

The worst part? It's a Michael Bay film. Enough with the remakes!!! 221432

Last edited by Schbopo on Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:15 pm

Oh great!

Freddy with explosions and pyro...

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:22 pm

its simple - remakes are safer films to make because there is a built in audience. I am with you though - enough with the remakes!

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:25 pm

I understand the logic behind making remakes but that doesn't mean I like it. Geez, why aren't they remaking Hostel? Hell, it's over 5 years old...

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 8:29 pm

Sometimes I actually like the remake moreso than the original. Not always.

But many remakes are some of my favorite movies:

Freaky Friday (way better than the original)
Parent Trap (way better)
Gone in 60 Seconds

etc.
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:13 pm

Yeah, my family went and saw the new Clash of The Titans while I was at work. My wife said it was crapola Enough with the remakes!!! 352445 Enough with the remakes!!! 810647
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSat Apr 03, 2010 10:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
No wonder I run to Asian cinema.

Even they're not safe. For a while Hollywood was "remaking" Asian movies by the buttload. (i.e. "The Ring," "the Grudge," "Dark Water," etc.) Though thankfully the trend seems to have died off in recent years...

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:04 am

I am looking forward to the new Clash of the Titans. Having just watched the original the other day, with all its charms, I'm very curious to see the big budget version.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:23 am

I took my daughter to see 'Alice In Wonderland' and what do I see, a trailer for 'The Karate Kid'
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:33 am

manny wrote:
I took my daughter to see 'Alice In Wonderland' and what do I see, a trailer for 'The Karate Kid'

Yeah, the new Karate Kid look horrible! Like a rapper's version of the original. PASS!!! Bzzzt!
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 2:34 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I am looking forward to the new Clash of the Titans. Having just watched the original the other day, with all its charms, I'm very curious to see the big budget version.

I'm stoked to see that one bro!!!

Enough with the remakes!!! 778825 Enough with the remakes!!! 778825 Enough with the remakes!!! 778825
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:25 am

Hell, remake them all! Remake everything under the sun for all I care. Remake Gone With the Wind. Remake The Godfather. Remake Plan 9 From Outer Space.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:34 am

A remake of the remake of The Thing is the most dreaded thing they're doing now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18899

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:39 am

kmorg wrote:
A remake of the remake of The Thing is the most dreaded thing they're doing now.
I read that it might be a prequal. I would kind of want to see that.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:40 am

kmorg wrote:

I don't know that could go either way.

Let's remember "The Fog" was actually better than the original.

Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_wink
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:41 am

Leatherface wrote:
kmorg wrote:
I read that it might be a prequal. I would kind of want to see that.

ME TOO DUDE!!! The Thing RULES!!!

Enough with the remakes!!! 778825 Enough with the remakes!!! 778825 Enough with the remakes!!! 778825

Now THAT'S the kind of horror I like now!!! Right there. The gore is limited, and only a realistic by-product. Not the focus of the entire movie!!!

Enough with the remakes!!! 778825
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:42 am

See, I actually like gore.

But only when it's done right.
Back to top Go down
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:39 am

I don't mind remakes, they usually decent films. Films like Gone In 60 Seconds aren't bad.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:09 am

Quote :

Well, the first two are classics. Maybe #3 will be, too?
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:29 am

Never cared for Nightmare on Elm Street so it doesn't bother me if the remake it or not.
Not a fan of those type of movies!

Wargod51
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 9:15 am

Schbopo wrote:
The worst part? It's a Michael Bay film. Enough with the remakes!!! 221432

NOOO!!!!!

Honestly, I think Nightmare on Elm Street isn't all that great anyway, but with Michael Bay directing it it'll probably be even worse. Transformers 2 is by far one of the worst pieces of shite I have ever seen. It should be a criminal offense to makes movies that are that terrible.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:26 pm

Next they will do a remake of Siolent Green...

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 12:56 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
manny wrote:

Yeah, the new Karate Kid look horrible! Like a rapper's version of the original. PASS!!! Bzzzt!

Yep! it stars Will Smith, Jr
Back to top Go down
Jesusandmetal23
If it jams it jams
Jesusandmetal23

Number of posts : 1023

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 1:23 pm

Clash of the Titans, and now Karate Kid?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enough with the remakes!!!
Page 1 of 12Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next