Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enough with the remakes!!!

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Boris2008
James B.
corplhicks
jstate
DallasBlack
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Lurideath
DeathCult
Orion Crystal Ice
sheets
Stender
Addy
Jesusandmetal23
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
Leatherface
manny
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
tohostudios
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:34 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Sometimes I actually like the remake moreso than the original. Not always.

But many remakes are some of my favorite movies:

Freaky Friday (way better than the original)
Parent Trap (way better)
Gone in 60 Seconds

etc.

Freaky Friday are you serious????? Id take the Jodie Foster version ANY Day of the week than that Lindsay Lohan version, I do agree about the Parent trap though and Gone in 60 Seconds I really dont care about but the Original Freaky Friday is awesome!!!! one of my fav Childhood movies
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:36 pm

Wife and i Were gonna go see Clash of the Titans this weekend but we didnt, As much as we wanna see it we just didnt feel like shelling out 20 bucks just for seats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 pm

the sheep (that's us), that turn these crap re-treads into cash cows when they score at the box office...we are feeding the fire by purchasing tickets.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 4:08 pm

Some movies need to be remade IMO, if anything for the special effects and current technology, I thought Time Machine was a good remake, but I also loved the original

Im not saying they should remake the first SW movie (A New Hope) but id love to see Lucas CGI the Obi Wan and Vader fight
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 5:14 pm

If they wanna remake movies, how about some of the monster classics from the 50s? Stuff like Fiend Without A Face or The Flesh Eaters or Monster That Challenged The World.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 7:42 pm

tohostudios wrote:
If they wanna remake movies, how about some of the monster classics from the 50s? Stuff like Fiend Without A Face or The Flesh Eaters or Monster That Challenged The World.

classics eh!

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 04, 2010 8:39 pm

Up to date special effects do not equal quality; just watch any of the following originals and they squash their remakes....

The Day The Earth Stood Still
Gojira
War Of The Worlds
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
The Last Man On Earth (aka I Am Legend)
When Worlds Collide (aka...every world ending disaster movie of the past 5 years)
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn Of The Dead
etc.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 8:24 am

Preach it Brother Detuned!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 2:13 pm

detuned wrote:
Up to date special effects do not equal quality; just watch any of the following originals and they squash their remakes....

The Day The Earth Stood Still
Gojira
War Of The Worlds
Invasion Of The Body Snatchers
The Last Man On Earth (aka I Am Legend)
When Worlds Collide (aka...every world ending disaster movie of the past 5 years)
Night Of The Living Dead
Dawn Of The Dead
etc.

And I never implied as such
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:44 pm

Quote :
War Of The Worlds

Case in point (although I also very much like the Tom Cruise version);

My oldest daughter watches the new one with no problems, but WILL NOT watch the original again because it scares her too much. They were better with atmosphere in many of the old ones, I guess because they had to. These days the best movie guys still have atmosphere. That's why I love 28 Days Later so much. I think the atmosphere on that one is great.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 3:59 pm

If they actually go thru with remaking the thing, I will boycott it with all my might. I hate remakes, I doubt any of the kids raging about clash of the titans even are aware their was an original ever.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:01 pm

scottmitchell, have your girls seen The Princess and the Frog yet? That's a really good kiddy movie. My wife loves it. Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:02 pm

Yes, they've seen it. They liked it. Finally, it happened!! Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Quote :
War Of The Worlds

Case in point (although I also very much like the Tom Cruise version);

My oldest daughter watches the new one with no problems, but WILL NOT watch the original again because it scares her too much. They were better with atmosphere in many of the old ones, I guess because they had to. These days the best movie guys still have atmosphere. That's why I love 28 Days Later so much. I think the atmosphere on that one is great.

That's why I love The Descent. Loads of atmosphere there.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37632

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:16 pm

I mentioned this in the "last seen..." thread a minute ago but it bears repeating here. I watched the 1958 version of "The Blob" over the weekend. I had recorded it off of Turner Classic Movies some time ago. Now, I don't know how many of you watch TCM (if any; I myself watch it only rarely) but usually before a movie starts some film critic guy will introduce the movie and say a few words about it. Before "The Blob" started the host mentioned the 1988 remake (which I also loved) and also said that Rob Zombie was about to start work on yet another new version of "The Blob."

... however, he sez that Rob has been quoted as saying "the first thing he wants to change" in his "Blob" is that there will be "no big red blobby thing, I hate that." Now, how the HELL can you do a "Blob" movie WITHOUT A BIG RED BLOBBY THING? Sounds to me like RZ is about to rape yet another classic movie monster....

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 308838

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:32 pm

Yeah after you posted that in the other thread I did a search for it. All the articles use that quote. One guy said he thought Rob was just looking forward to showing people slowly melting as they're engulfed by the blob.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:41 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Yeah after you posted that in the other thread I did a search for it. All the articles use that quote. One guy said he thought Rob was just looking forward to showing people slowly melting as they're engulfed by the blob.

...I bet that Rob Zombie's "Blob" will probably move the location to the American Southwest, it'll be full of toothless redneck characters, have lots of '70s rock on the soundtrack, and his wife will have a prominent role as The Blob's stripper girlfriend. Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 201269

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:45 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:

Let's remember "The Fog" was actually better than the original.

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_wink

"The Fog" with Adrienne Barbeau > "The Fog" with "Smallville" guy

Just sayin'.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 05, 2010 4:46 pm

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Lol

I was trying to work in a joke about Sherrie Zombie but I couldn't come up with one.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 10:11 am

Remake haters!! Wanna have a good cry? Check this out.

A list of 75 (!!) film remakes that are in some stage of development or another....

http://www.denofgeek.com/movies/450292/75_movie_remakes_and_reboots_currently_in_the_works.html

Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 11:06 am

I just was looking at that list yesterday and could not believe the amount of movies on the list. I mean,remakes have been going on since the dawn of Hollywood but this is getting ridiculous. Are they that hard up for ideas ?
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 2:57 pm

Speaking of The Blob, the 80s version is actually pretty good. Kind of stupid in parts but a cut above most remakes.

The problem with remakes in Hollywood is that it's part of an overall fixation on "brand recognition". Movies are no longer movies, they're part of multimedia brands intended to promote merchandise sales. This is also why we now get movies based on theme park rides and board games and why we'll probably start seeing movies based on breakfast cereal mascots in the near future. I won't be surprised if we see "Uncle Ben's Rice: The Motion Picture" coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

sheets wrote:
Speaking of The Blob, the 80s version is actually pretty good. Kind of stupid in parts but a cut above most remakes.

The problem with remakes in Hollywood is that it's part of an overall fixation on "brand recognition". Movies are no longer movies, they're part of multimedia brands intended to promote merchandise sales. This is also why we now get movies based on theme park rides and board games and why we'll probably start seeing movies based on breakfast cereal mascots in the near future. I won't be surprised if we see "Uncle Ben's Rice: The Motion Picture" coming soon.

It's actually not quite like that dude. Though I do understand your point.

There are still some great movies out there - original and remakes.

I'm a movie buff myself.

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 929441
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
sheets wrote:

It's actually not quite like that dude. Though I do understand your point.

I'd say he pretty much hit the nail right on the head, to be honest.

Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 06, 2010 4:57 pm

Ok.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enough with the remakes!!!
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next