Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Enough with the remakes!!!

Go down 
+33
Troublezone
SpectreFate
Witchfinder
Boris2008
James B.
corplhicks
jstate
DallasBlack
TheDoctor'sScarf
MetalGuy71
Sutekh
Lurideath
DeathCult
Orion Crystal Ice
sheets
Stender
Addy
Jesusandmetal23
thejokeriv
Dave the Boss
Wargod
snooloui
kmorg
Leatherface
manny
scottmitchell74
Fat Freddy
chewie
Metallic Blaze
exact33
Schbopo
tohostudios
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 8:25 am

S.D. wrote:
If Dwayne doesnt re-record the theme song to The Fall Guy (I'm The Unknown Stuntman) I'm going to be PISSED!!!!

Laughing very hard 
I hear he's on a Lee Majors kick...... He want to remake The Six Million Dollar Man next.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 10:51 am

thejokeriv wrote:
S.D. wrote:
If Dwayne doesnt re-record the theme song to The Fall Guy (I'm The Unknown Stuntman) I'm going to be PISSED!!!!

Laughing very hard 
I hear he's on a Lee Majors kick...... He want to remake The Six Million Dollar Man next.
Jim Carrey backed out of that one awhile ago, so the role is up for grabs. Razz 

http://movies.about.com/cs/upcomingreleases/a/carrey6million.htm

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 10, 2013 7:39 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
Manimal!!!!

If we are going down this road, I demand Manimal.

...........and Airwolf! Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 56834 
noooo! Not Airwolf!!! Have you no decency??

Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 2:15 am

exact33 wrote:

I think that we all know the answer to this question Razz 
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 7:20 pm

Boris2008 wrote:
exact33 wrote:

I think that we all know the answer to this question Razz 
very true!!

Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:18 pm

For the most part i'm not against remakes, i've enjoyed quite a few(I don't get all the hate for Total Recall), surprised that Airwolf is getting one though, as I don't think it has much in the way of brand recognition today, so I wouldn't be surprised if it does not do very well.

Looking forward to the Robocop remake.

The only remakes I really hate are foreign horror remakes like Shutter, One Missed Call, Pulse, Uninvited, The Grudge, etc and PG-13 remakes of R-rated films like The Stepfather, When A Stranger Calls, The Fog, Prom Night, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 11, 2013 10:25 pm

Vexer6 wrote:
surprised that Airwolf is getting one though,
That was a joke.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 12:25 am

S.D. wrote:
Vexer6 wrote:
surprised that Airwolf is getting one though,
That was a joke.
I couldn't tell, seeing as there was talk of a MacGyver film for awhile, an Airwolf film didn't sound too far out of the realm of possibility. I did enjoy 21 Jump Street and am looking forward to the sequel.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 1:22 am

21 Jump Street is a different kind of remake because it is essentially a parody of the original show. Much in the same vein as the remake of Starsky & Hutch which was completely tongue in cheek.

Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

Number of posts : 7059

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 2:36 am

And Dukes of Hazzard. And Brady Bunch sorta. And Dark Shadows. And etc. It's all kind of ridiculous. Miami Vice was a unique situation, especially with Michael Mann at the (rightful) helm. Never saw it, though.

I can only hope the remake of UFO, if/when it happens, will be a grim, dark, and serious tale. Same with ALF.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:00 am

Miami Vice was kinda dissapointing, it was too long for it's own and just not very compelling or involving, I can see why Colin Farrel didn't like it, he looked pretty bored throughout the whole thing, Jamie Foxx did a decent job though.

Dark Shadows was pretty terrible though, I think Johnny Depp is an overrated actor who tends to play the same "crazy character" role way too often, and he was simply dreadful in that film. Oh and I absolutely despise the Pirates films, for me it's the single worst movie franchise of all time.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 3:14 am

Vexer6 wrote:
Miami Vice was kinda dissapointing, it was too long for it's own and just not very compelling or involving, I can see why Colin Farrel didn't like it, he looked pretty bored throughout the whole thing, Jamie Foxx did a decent job though.

Dark Shadows was pretty terrible though, I think Johnny Depp is an overrated actor who tends to play the same "crazy character" role way too often, and he was simply dreadful in that film.  Oh and I absolutely despise the Pirates films, for me it's the single worst movie franchise of all time.
I've not seen Dark Shadows but am a casual fan of the original series and the revival. That said, it looked as stupid as you described, and +12 XP for you for saying that about Johnny Depp; the man is being treated as the next Marlon Brando and I'm sitting over here with my beer shouting at those people to wake the F*ck up. The man is good as a caricature anymore and not much else. Shame because once upon a time he did showcase some talent.

As for the Pirates films, I am a lover of anything Pirates, and those movies nearly robbed me of my childhood dreams. Those are not pirates in those movies. They're simply--here I go with that word again--caricatures in Pirate costumes trogging their way through a convoluted and confusing mess of a vaudevillian story ripe with laughable CGI.
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 12, 2013 4:10 am

I watched some of Depp's earlier films like Nick Of Time and I couldn't believe it was same guy who played Jack Sparrow, he was totally different in that film and much better, I wish he would do more roles like that. The most recent film I actually liked him in was The Tourist because he actually a fairly normal character who wasn't a total lunatic, I also liked him in Once Upon A Time In Mexico.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:36 am

corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

There are several musicals coming out in the near future, but most of them are either original or adaptations of Broadway.  
I'm happy to hear this. Although "they don't make 'em like they used to" will still apply, I'm a big fan of musicals and Broadway in general, so it's good that they're bringing them back to the big screen.
Can't stand musicals, never could. Even as a Marx Brothers fan, I skip through the singing stuff (always from the straight characters). However, always enjoyed Harpo's harp playing and Chico's piano prowess.

My hatred for musicals is probably why I can't stand the classic Disney cartoon movies.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:51 am

DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

There are several musicals coming out in the near future, but most of them are either original or adaptations of Broadway.  
I'm happy to hear this. Although "they don't make 'em like they used to" will still apply, I'm a big fan of musicals and Broadway in general, so it's good that they're bringing them back to the big screen.
Can't stand musicals, never could. Even as a Marx Brothers fan, I skip through the singing stuff (always from the straight characters). However, always enjoyed Harpo's harp playing and Chico's piano prowess.

My hatred for musicals is probably why I can't stand the classic Disney cartoon movies.
I never minded Disney musical numbers too much, I just can't get into live-action musicals.
Back to top Go down
corplhicks
Metal is Forever
corplhicks

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 15, 2013 1:53 am

Vexer6 wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
corplhicks wrote:
S.D. wrote:

I never minded Disney musical numbers too much, I just can't get into live-action musicals.
Disney and musicals are the reason I'm still alive in this f*cked-up world.

Okay so it's not that extreme but I they do make me happy. Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:23 pm

You can add Pet Sematary to the remake list. Normally I wouldn't give a rats ass but they've hired Juan Carlos Fresnadillo (28 Weeks Later, Intacto, Intruders) to direct which peaks my curiosity a little bit.

I loved the book but never really liked the original film version so I'm okay with them taking another crack at it.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:51 pm

Quote :
I loved the book but never really liked the original film version so I'm okay with them taking another crack at it.
I never thought much of Pet Sematery either but I have to admit that it got to me BIG time when I saw it again a couple of years ago. Watching it again as a parent (with a little boy who was about the same age as "Gage" in the movie at the time) hit me right where I lived and played on all these fears about parenthood that I guess every Mom or Dad has, but will rarely admit to thinking about.

My wife and I were both utterly disturbed by it, we've come across it a few times on cable since then and every time we go "Ohhh no, NOT AGAIN!"

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:58 pm

I thought Pet Sematary was decent enough (saw it in the theater) but the sister with spinal meningitis (Zelda ?) really creeped me out.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:26 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
I never thought much of Pet Sematery either but I have to admit that it got to me BIG time when I saw it again a couple of years ago. Watching it again as a parent (with a little boy who was about the same age as "Gage" in the movie at the time) hit me right where I lived and played on all these fears about parenthood that I guess every Mom or Dad has, but will rarely admit to thinking about.

My wife and I were both utterly disturbed by it, we've come across it a few times on cable since then and every time we go "Ohhh no, NOT AGAIN!"
I'm with you - that kind of stuff gets me and I generally can't watch it
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:35 pm

Quote :
the sister with spinal meningitis (Zelda ?) really creeped me out.
When I saw it again recently, "Zelda" was just about the only thing that DIDN'T creep me out. The prosthetics/make up had aged horribly, I actually laughed... Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39472

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 9:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Quote :
the sister with spinal meningitis (Zelda ?) really creeped me out.
When I saw it again recently, "Zelda" was just about the only thing that DIDN'T creep me out. The prosthetics/make up had aged horribly, I actually laughed... Laughing very hard

Hmmm.....I'll have to check that out again and see how it holds up for me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:46 pm

Yahoo News sez that a "reboot" of the "Naked Gun" series has been greenlighted, with Ed Helms of "The Hangover" set to play Frank Drebin.

Um...please, no. Just no. I got nothin' against Ed Helms, he's a funny guy, but nobody can be Frank Drebin but Leslie Nielsen.

Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 12:58 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Yahoo News sez that a "reboot" of the "Naked Gun" series has been greenlighted, with Ed Helms of "The Hangover" set to play Frank Drebin.

Um...please, no. Just no. I got nothin' against Ed Helms, he's a funny guy, but nobody can be Frank Drebin but Leslie Nielsen.
Eh, sounds OK to me.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 1:03 pm

Vexer6 wrote:

Eh, sounds OK to me.

Enjoy...

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enough with the remakes!!!   Enough with the remakes!!! - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Enough with the remakes!!!
Page 10 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next