Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Christian Label Question

Go down 
+3
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
kmorg
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Christian Label Question Empty
PostSubject: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 1:59 pm

So was M8 and Magdalene Records one and the same? And do those 2 labels have any connection to Retroactive?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:17 pm

I think they were the same, or 1 was the label and the other the distributor. I think tge owner of M8 is no longer associated with Retroactive.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:47 pm

I don't really remember the connection. Matt may have been somehow connected to Magdalene/M8.

Basically it comes down to this, Retroactive is a great label, Magdalene sucked.

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:48 pm

M8 released alot of good stuff, but most was poorly done, IMO. It's a shame that some of that stuff couldn't get the professional treatement like the stuff Retro is doing now. Sad
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 2:51 pm

I always assumed that RetroActive was the same guy/company, just with a name change. Retro has re-issued some of the titles that originally came out on Magdalene (i.e. X-Sinner's FIRE IT UP, Deliverance's GREETINGS OF DEATH ETC. and BACK IN THE DAY).

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 4:52 pm

kmorg wrote:
I think they were the same, or 1 was the label and the other the distributor. I think tge owner of M8 is no longer associated with Retroactive.

I believe you are correct with it being a label and distributor. I think M8 someone working with Matt. M8 used to convert records to cdr and sell them with the record I believe.

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 6:36 pm

I think Matt once worked for m8/magdeleine. After they went under, he started Retroactive. I think he does a pretty good job with Retroactive.
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:45 pm

I got a question about M8 as well. Are all their releases silver pressed CDs? A while back I found a seller offering Saint and Bride M8 rereleases on CDr, however I refuse to pay for a CDr. Any normal versions of these albums?
Back to top Go down
MetalFRO
Metal master
Metal master
MetalFRO

Number of posts : 551

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:32 am

SpectreFate wrote:
M8 released alot of good stuff, but most was poorly done, IMO. It's a shame that some of that stuff couldn't get the professional treatement like the stuff Retro is doing now. Sad

YES! They did a service to the listeners by re-issuing stuff like Leviticus & Barnabas, but the bands never saw a dime, and the re-issues were "el cheapo" budget titles that did little more than get the music back in the public eye again. A shame, becauase most of the releases they did deserved MUCH more than what M8 did for them. I'd like to see some of those re-licensed by RetroActive for issue (Barnabas, Leviticus, etc).
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/metalfro
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37645

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:39 am

Dave the Boss wrote:
I got a question about M8 as well. Are all their releases silver pressed CDs? A while back I found a seller offering Saint and Bride M8 rereleases on CDr, however I refuse to pay for a CDr. Any normal versions of these albums?

All of the M8/Magdalene stuff I have (Titanic's MAIDEN VOYAGE, X-Sinner's LOUD & PROUD, Recon's BEHIND ENEMY LINES and Deliverance's BACK IN THE DAY and GREETINGS OF DEATH, ETC.) were all silver pressed.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 1:03 am

All M8 stuff was released on silver CD.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitimeMon Dec 28, 2009 12:19 pm

Alright, cool. Thanks guys.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Christian Label Question   Christian Label Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Christian Label Question
Page 1 of 1