Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Black Label Society...sort of

Go down 
+5
chewie
SpectreFate
Troublezone
Eyesore
MetalGuy71
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

New Black Label Society...sort of Empty
PostSubject: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 4:01 pm

Unplugged versions and cover songs...

Quote :
Due on May 10 via Entertainment One Music, 'The Song Remains Not The Same' features unplugged versions of material from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's latest album, "Order Of The Black", as well as additional material recorded during the "Order Of The Black" sessions. "The Song Remains Not The Same" was conceived, created and compiled by BLS mainman Zakk Wylde himself and the title is, of course, a nod to one of Wylde's favorite bands, LED ZEPPELIN.

The latest single from BLACK LABEL SOCIETY's "Order Of The Black", "Darkest Days" went to radio adds on March 21. The track showcases Wylde's softer side with soulful lyrics, a hauntingly beautiful melody and captivating piano played by the guitar icon himself. An alternate version of the song featuring country superstar John Rich will appear on "The Song Remains Not The Same".

"The Song Remains Not The Same" track listing:

01. Overlord (Unplugged version)
02. Parade Of The Dead (Unplugged version)
03. Riders Of The Damned (Unplugged version)
04. Darkest Days (Unplugged version)
05. Juniors Eyes
06. Helpless
07. Bridge Over Troubled Water
08. Can't Find My Way Home
09. Darkest Days (featuring John Rich)
10. The First Noel

Hmmmmmm, I dunno know about this one. I'm a BLS fan and a completeist, so I'll probably get this at some point, but when Zakk goes unplugged, his vocals well, um, uhhhh, suck. Like an alley cat with it's tail caught in a wringer-kinda suck. And I don't know who "country superstar" John Rich is (yea, so he's the guy from Big & Rich, which still means nothing to me), but my first inclination is to not like him.

Oh, heres the cover too...

New Black Label Society...sort of 51nVnBRMIYL._SL500_AA300_

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:21 pm

Yeah, I'll get it. I don't mind his mellow voice, but he's definitely stronger with heavier music behind him.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:30 pm

I thought his Book of Shadows album was excellent. It was basically an acoustic guitar driven album (with surprisingly good vocals IMO)

But that was back around his Pride and Glory "southern rock" days... Some of his recent attempts at mellow singing have been less than astonishing.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:58 pm

Troublezone wrote:
I thought his Book of Shadows album was excellent. It was basically an acoustic guitar driven album (with surprisingly good vocals IMO)

But that was back around his Pride and Glory "southern rock" days... Some of his recent attempts at mellow singing have been less than astonishing.
Yeah, he sings a little different now. My guess is that he got some formal training.
Back to top Go down
SpectreFate
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
SpectreFate

Number of posts : 1635

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:04 pm

Quote:
09. Darkest Days (featuring John Rich)

Dear God has EVERYONE gone country now?
Back to top Go down
chewie
Metal is Forever
chewie

Number of posts : 5014

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:07 pm

Troublezone wrote:

If it sounds something like these two that would be cool!
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, he sings a little different now. My guess is that he got some formal training.

He should revisit his Skynyrd influence.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:15 pm

chewie wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

If it sounds something like these two that would be cool!

I doubt it does, but yeah... it would.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeWed May 04, 2011 12:49 am

I can't believe i still don't own any album by BLS.

I consider Zakk to be a very talented guitar player.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:52 pm

Saw an ad in this week's paper. This one's on sale this week at Best Buy for $6.99. Not sure if the Best Buy edition comes with any bonus tracks or anything special.

Don't think I'll be rushing out the door for it though. I just can't get that worked up over a BLS acoustic album.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 4:56 pm

Just got back from Best Buy, actually, and picked it up. Didn't know it was $6.99, but I couldn't pass it up. No bonus tracks, though.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Just got back from Best Buy, actually, and picked it up. Didn't know it was $6.99, but I couldn't pass it up. No bonus tracks, though.

Let us know if it's as good as Haunted by Heroes... Wink
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 6:39 pm

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeTue May 10, 2011 7:15 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
LIKE YOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!

butt dance
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeWed May 11, 2011 4:22 pm

Mglaffas81 wrote:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yes, Lars and Kirk are...

Quiet down before they kick you out of their fan club.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:24 am

Any thoughts on this album? Better than expected? Worse? Pretty much what you'd expect from Zakk at this point?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 12:40 pm

I'm listening now (on the 4th song) and so far if you like his Book of Shadows album or any of his other acoustic stuff, you should like this.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:03 pm

Troublezone wrote:
Mglaffas81 wrote:

GAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Yes, Lars and Kirk are...

Quiet down before they kick you out of their fan club.

Uh oh, looks like somone's a little cranky New Black Label Society...sort of 499945
Back to top Go down
Planchaaaa
Metal novice
Metal novice
Planchaaaa

Number of posts : 56

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 5:05 am

I really like their cover of 'Junior's Eyes' - despite not being a huge fan of the original.

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9889

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitimeFri May 27, 2011 12:27 am

Planchaaaa wrote:
I really like their cover of 'Junior's Eyes' - despite not being a huge fan of the original.

I agree
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Black Label Society...sort of   New Black Label Society...sort of Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Black Label Society...sort of
Page 1 of 1