Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)

Go down 
+20
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
jerseyultifan+
ghost
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
metalken
XYZ
QuothTheRaven
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
James B.
Schbopo
stepcousin
DeathCult
akeldama
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:19 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Ee61024128a00f8e63dcc010.L
Aerosmith - Oh Yeah! Ultimate Aerosmith Hits Collection (Columbia) 2002

DISC ONE
1. Mama Kin" (4:26)
2. Dream On" (4:25)
3. Same Old Song and Dance" (3:53)
4. Seasons of Wither" (5:25)
5. Walk This Way" (3:39)
6. Big Ten Inch Record" (2:14)
7. Sweet Emotion" (4:35)
8. Last Child" (3:21)
9. Back in the Saddle" (4:40)
10. Draw the Line" (3:45)
11. Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" (4:23)
12. Angel" (5:07)
13. Rag Doll" (4:24)
14. Janies Got a Gun" (5:28)
15. Love in an Elevator" (5:23)
16. What It Takes" (5:12)

DISC TWO
17. The Other Side" (4:06)
18. Livin' on the Edge" (6:21)
19. Cryin'" (5:08)
20. Amazing" (5:55)
21. Deuces Are Wild" (3:36)
22. Crazy" (5:17)
23. Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)" (3:28)
24. Pink" [The South Beach Mix] (3:54)
25. "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (4:59)
26. "Jaded" (3:35)
27. "Just Push Play" [Radio Remix] (3:12)
28. "Walk This Way" [Run DMC w/ Steven Tyler & Joe Perry] (5:11)
29. "Girls of Summer" (3:15)
30. "Lay It Down" (3:47)

EUROPEAN BONUS TRACKS
15. "Come Together" (3:46)
16. "Theme From Spider Man" (2:58)
17. "Toys in the Attic" (3:05)

Man this disc is overkill! How many Aerosmith 'best of' compilations does a fan need? This is the sixth domestic Aerosmith collection to be released over the years, and the third or fourth just within the last few years. The difference, I suppose, is that 'Oh Yeah!" features selections from both their Columbia and Geffen years for the first time. However, if you already have the "Big Ones" and "Greatest Hits" you, like me, already have 95% of the material on this disc. The only reason an Aerosmith fan would want this disc is for the two new tracks "Girls of Summer" and "Lay It Down." Both sound like outtakes from the Just Push Play sessions, and very well might have been. Of course new songs make the disc essential for me, although this is the first Aero-release in years that I didn't run out and buy the day it was released. All the BIG HITS are here, but this disc is FAR from an exhaustive career overview. While the radio hits are all present, fan favorites like "Last Child," "Lord of the Thighs," "Lick and a Promise," "Chip Away the Stone", "Train Kept A Rollin'" "Rats in the Cellar," "Kings & Queens," "Nobody's Fault," "No Surprise" and "Let the Music Do the Talking" are all absent, as well as the cover of the Beatles "Come Together". (Though "Come Together" is included on the European version as a bonus track.) I also was surprised that "Angel's Eye" from the Charlie's Angel soundtrack wasn't included. Perhaps that wasn't aa big a hit worldwide as it was where I am from. The disc itself comes packaged in four different covers. Hardcore collector's will probably now need to buy four copies of this expensive double disc CD. There is also a European version with three additional bonus tracks, which I also own.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:38 am

I was given this CD as a gift not a terrible comp but if record labels wonder why they are in a free fall is because they keep releasing comps instead of encouragin new music from older artists and promoting newer bands beyond a hit singal and not career.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:54 am

Pass.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 9:58 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pass.

This isn't Gin Rummy. Play your f**kin' card!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:10 am

SpectreFate wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Pass.

This isn't Gin Rummy. Play your f**kin' card!

Hmmmmm, ok. What I meant to say was...

ANOTHER FREAKIN' COMP!!! WTF!?! See this is the problem with record comapnies. They think we're stupid and they can just polish up any old turd and we'll buy it if they throw an extra cherry or 2 on top. Well not this guy. I still smell a turd. If there was an emoticon with a middle finger sticking up, I'd put it here.

Better?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 10:16 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Better?

Much.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12618

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 03, 2009 1:05 pm

To quote myself in regards to "Just Push Play" and to second Tsunmai 71's opinion... "PASS"

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 11:34 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 51c4S5%2BKTXL._SS500_
Aerosmith - Honkin' On Bobo (Columbia) 2004

1. "Road Runner" (3:46)
2. "Shame, Shame, Shame" (2:15)
3. "Eyesight to the Blind" (3:10)
4. "Baby, Please Don't Go" (3:24)
5. "Never Loved a Girl" (3:12)
6. "Back Back Train" (4:24)
7. "You Gotta Move" (5:30)
8. "The Grind" (3:47)
9. "I'm Ready" (4:15)
10. "Temperature" (2:52)
11. "Stop Messin' Around" (4:32)
12. "Jesus Is on the Main Line" (2:50)

A new Aerosmith disc? You know I was there on the day it was released getting my copy. Couldn't wait to pop it into the CD player. Aerosmith and the blues, could there be a better combination? The addition of producer Jack Douglas, who was a vital part of the band's 70's sound added to the albums appeal and hype. Since their inception in the early 70's the blues had been the basis for their music. The first time I popped the CD into my deck in my car I thought to myself, "wow, this is a good album." With the second spin I was bopping around and tapping my foot. "Honkin' on Bobo" is without a doubt an infectious record that heralds back to the band's first, self-titled album. It just seems to have that same fun, live-in-the-studio vibe. There is plenty of variety on this CD. "Roadrunner" and "Please Don't Go" are heavy rockers that would have sounded at home on "Toys in the Attic". "Please Don't Go" is the first single from the record as well. My local radio station had been giving it plenty of spin time long before the release date. This heavy rocker had me primed and ready for a rockin' new Aero-disc and certainly that is what they delivered. Personally, despite liking this single a lot, it will forever be overshadowed by Ted Nugent's definitive version on "Double Live Gonzo." "Never Loved a Girl" has a more tradional blues sound. Again, the style just fits like a glove. The even do two gospel blues songs, "Jesus on the Main Line" complete with slide guitar and a gospel choir, and a rockin' version of "You Gotta Move". "Stop Messin' Around", a Fleetwood Mac tune, is actually a song that Aerosmith has peformed in the past. I have several bootleg versions of this song. Joe Perry handles the vocal duties here and sounds confident, as if he has been singing this song for years unlike "Back Back Train", in which Perry's vocals are a bit more subdued. The addition of the female vocals, however, really spices up the song. Of the eleven songs that Aerosmith cover on this disc, all of them sound like Aerosmith wrote them. Tyler just stamps his identity all over this CD. His soulful harmonic jams and odd vocal enunciation are at home on this record. The one original rack "The Grind" fits in well and has a Chicago blues sound, but as with the other tracks is still a rocker. Aerosmith can call this a blues album, and certainly the blues are the basis for each and every track, but this if a flat-out rock album. The bastard children of the Stones and Zeppelin wouldn't have it any other way. What else can I say, I am an Aero-fanatic! I love it!

It should also be noted that The Who had recorded a version of " Eyesight to the Blind" which is on "Tommy", and the Rolling Stones recorded their own version of " You Gotta Move" on "Sticky Fingers".

Original pressings came with a little, metal harmonica keychain.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 12:17 pm

This is the last latter-day studio release from Aerosmith that still gets plenty of regular spins from me. I'm both a fan of cover albums and the blues, so this release was right up my alley. I haven't burned myself out on it and thankfully neither has radio overplayed anything from it.

Quote :
It just seems to have that same fun, live-in-the-studio vibe.

I thought the exact same thing. It just has a fun "let's jam all together and see what happens" kinda vibe to it, much like their older material. It's not over-produced and overly slick. I wish the band would go back to this formula. No more outside radio-hit song-writers or digital recording. Despite what's going on in the Aerosmith camp right now, I hope that they, as well as some other veteran acts, follow KISS's lead with Sonic Boom and just write & record the old fashioned way again. Leve the slick production and auto-tune to the Rihannas and Lady Gagas of the pop world.

I too bought the original release with harmonica key-chain. Got it on the day of release at Target if I remember correctly.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

Number of posts : 626

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 12:24 pm

oh,i dont know! scott,your review sounds so tempting but,to me..this is only MY opinion here..i dont see how blues and classic old school metal/rock go together!? just not feeling it! i cant get into blues period and cant see one of my all time fav bands doing this! sorry,guys! now if Ultimatum were to do a Christmas/metal cd!! hmmmmmm! AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Lol AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 795291
Back to top Go down
http://www.roweproductions.com
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 2:18 pm

I've had this CD since it came out and I never realized there was lipstick on the blues harp!

As a fan of the blues I had a preconceived idea of what these songs SHOULD sound like, and I was pleased with the rawness of this album and the song selections were great! Nice to see some Mississippi Fred McDowell, Willie Dixon, Bo Diddley, Little Walter & Big Joe Williams tunes on there.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:08 pm

I love this album and it is a nice return to form. Kick the outside songwriters to the curb, bring in Jack Douglas to produce, forget about the singles and record blues favorites that inspired you to become the band you became.

I love their version of 'You Gotta Move' like ULT stated it sounds like their own tune, not the same arrangement as the Rolling Stones version or the original by Fred McDowel. 'Baby Please Don't Go' also is great despite the fact I have heard this track covered thousands of times. In respect to ULT I believe the best version of this track was by AC/DC not Ted Nugent but that is just my humble opinion.

The biggest surprise is the gospel tune 'Jesus On the Mainline', a song that cover with a great deal of respect, it was not done as a mockery toward God or Christianity or even to be ironic. It was just a straight up cover of a gospel tune done with a great deal of respect. Make a joyful noise unto the Lord indeed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 3:58 pm

Quote :
I've had this CD since it came out and I never realized there was lipstick on the blues harp!

I read that the term "honkin' on bobo" was an old blues/jazz euphamism (sp?) for oral sex. So the lipstick prints on the instrument makes perfect sense.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 4:11 pm

jerseyultifan+ wrote:
oh,i dont know! scott,your review sounds so tempting but,to me..this is only MY opinion here..i dont see how blues and classic old school metal/rock go together!? just not feeling it! i cant get into blues period and cant see one of my all time fav bands doing this! sorry,guys! AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Lol AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 795291

This is exactly what Aerosmith have ALWAYS done. Their roots are right here with what they recorded on Honkin' on Bobo. They took those songs and made them their own, just like they did with Train Kept A Rollin, Milk Cow Blues, I Ain't Got You, Rattlesnake Shake, etc. Real rock and roll, and yes, it's all blues based.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:46 pm

I need to give Honkin on Bobo another spin I like the concept of it, but i have only given it a few spins....

as far as the Oh yeah Ultimate Aerosmith Hits

I LOVE That comp
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 7:58 pm

Me like this one AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_biggrin

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 04, 2009 8:41 pm

ok..scott,great points..i guess this is why it is a discussion forum.huh? i guess,i just hold to the gutsy "sweet emotion,walk this way,back in the saddle" kinda classic rock i even love their version of "come together"! i love aerosmith for the steve tyler screeching and joe perrys shredding guitars! that just doesnt sound "bluesy" to me! i follow every point you made..just aint feeling it! sorry,just MHO!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:03 am

You gotta give things a chance before you totally reject them. You will hear screamin' vocals and guitars on Bobo. Like I said, they made these songs their own. You can get this CD dirt cheap, for around $2 on Amazon.

Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 05, 2009 11:45 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 795291 you win! the promotional manager throws up the little white flag! you're right! hey,never even thought i would ever come to LOVE thrash metal! lol! i will be keeping my eyes open!! remind me never to get into an arguement with u!!! lol!j/k AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 10:03 am

Hehe gotta trust in Ult's recommendations Smile especially when it comes to the Bad boys from Boston
Back to top Go down
jerseyultifan+
Metal master
Metal master
jerseyultifan+

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 12:30 pm

well,with everyone bringing such a great case arguement! looks like i will be looking to pick up this cd too! agreed i should have trusted scott to begin with but,IMHO i never turned to blues no matter what band went in that direction.i was a skeptic.but, i will now be more willing to a) trust a wellinformed musican/friend b)be willing to reinvent my musical tastes and genres..thanks scott,everyone on here for making this debate/discussion so very interesting.i learn alot!! AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_lol
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 6:30 pm

IMO the best blues are the real early stuff like Ledbelly, Robert Johnson, etc...
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 7:44 pm

Addy wrote:
IMO the best blues are the real early stuff like Ledbelly, Robert Johnson, etc...

You deserve a prize.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 06, 2009 11:17 pm

Addy wrote:

A few things would of happened if the British wouldn't of gotten into those old blues artists. First off all, the music would of died in obscurity in it's own country and second we wouldn't have the music scene we have today. No Yardbirds, No Mayall,No Stones, No Cream, No Zeppelin, No Sabbath, and you get the picture. Without those bands, no hard rock no punk, no metal, no thrash.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 8:57 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 61MDEKTJRPL._SS500_
Aerosmith - You Gotta Move (Columbia) 2004

DISC ONE (DVD)
1. "Toys In The Attic"
2. "Love In An Elevator"
3. "Road Runner"
4. "Baby, Please Don't Go"
5. "Cryin'"
6. "The Other Side"
7. "Back In The Saddle"
8. "Draw The Line"
9. "Dream On"
10. "Stop Messin' Around"
11. "Jaded"
12. "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing"
13. "Sweet Emotion"
14. "Never Loved A Girl"
15. "Walk This Way"
16. "Train Kept A Rollin'"
Bonus Video Tracks:
1. "Fever"
2. "Rats In The Cellar"
3. "Livin' On The Edge"
4. "Last Child"
5. "Same Old Song And Dance"

DISC TWO (CD)
1. "Toys in the Attic" (4:04)
2. "Love in An Elevator" (5:53)
3. "Rats in the Cellar" (8:55)
4. "Road Runner" (3:47)
5. "The Other Side" (4:31)
6. "Back in the Saddle" (5:21)

"You Gotta Move" is the first official live DVD release from Aerosmith and captures the band on tour in support of their 2004 blues romp "Honkin' on Bobo". (Now they need to officially release the Texxas Jam video on DVD!) Originally broadcast on A&E, this concert special has been expanded to include bonus footage and performances not featured in the original
telecast, video footage from the making of 'Honkin on Bobo', interview, discography, as well as a bonus CD. Of course being the Aerofanatic I am I had to own this DVD, however, I sure do wish they would have released the entire show on CD as I tend to listen to music much more than I ever watch it.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)
Page 10 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next