Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Cinderella Discography

Go down 
+23
EvyMetal
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
akeldama
chewie
tohostudios
Sutekh
ultmetal
ShadowAngel
brokentulsa
jettafiend
Lari
mikeinfla
adrian
manny
James B.
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
BearOnUnicycle
Fat Freddy
Witchfinder
Dark Horseman
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

Cinderella Discography Empty
PostSubject: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:48 pm

Cinderella Discography Images10

Hmm, animal print spandex, eyeliner out the wazoo and lbs of aqua net. Must be an 80's hair band or a Texas beauty pageant. The name Cinderella will not conjure up images of a pounding rock band so you better have some licks to back it up or you're already a parody.

Cinderella started in the early 80's though in 85 the guitarist and drummer left to start Britny Fox leaving singer Tom Keifer and bassist Eric Brittingham. Playing around the Philly area they were discovered by Bon Jovi, who does some BGV's on the album, recommended his A&R rep check them out and they were signed to Mercury/Polygram. Hey, at least Jovi recognised good music. Jeff Lebar was brought in on guitar and drummer Jim Drnac on drums but a session drummer was used on the first album and before it was over Fred Coury from the band London replaced Drnac.

Night Songs was dropped in August of 86 and while not bringing anything earth shattering you could hear the quality of this band. Lumped into the Hair Metal catagory the mix of Keifer's vocals which have a sort of dirty blues sound and the solid musicianship of the band propelled them to triple platinum status. That and the ever present video of Nobody's Fool on MTV. While Cinderella may have borrowed heavily from the Stones blues sound with the style of Aerosmith's Steven Tyler they were no clones and while there are only hints here of what they would become songs like Somebody Save Me and Nothing for Nothing expand the typical pop metal sound of the day into something with more heart.

A nice debut that with the push of it's label and MTV sold well and laid the groundwork for something special to come.
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 2:49 pm

I love this album. It's a great slab of party-hearty glam. My favorite track is Push, Push:

Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:01 pm

Very good debut from a very underrated band. Yeah, they dressed like any other band of hair farmers but Cinderella could play rings around most of their competition.

When "Shake Me" first started getting a lot of MTV play I was put off by their girly image at first but the more I heard the song, the more it wormed into my head, so eventually I bought the album and never regretted it.

Some of my "more metal than you" friends back then gave me a lot of crap for listening to this band (probably due to their Bon Jovi connection, cuz as you all know, Bon Jovi was THE ENEMY OF TR00 METTLE 'n' all that) but I didn't care. In my book, a good band is a good band, no matter how funny they dress.

I finally got around to upgrading this to CD earlier this year and I'm still enjoying it as much as I ever did. Simply a damn good hard rock record.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Tue May 08, 2012 3:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BearOnUnicycle
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
BearOnUnicycle

Number of posts : 1064

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:02 pm

One of my first albums ever. Like this one a lot, probably my favorite hair metal album ever.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:11 pm

A great debut! We all really liked this album and it got played at everyone of our parties. I don't think there's a bad track on it. I bought it on cassette as a brand new release just on the strength of Shake Me but loved the rest of it once I heard it all. When I started upgrading to cds most of the hair bands just got the greatest hits cd upgrade but this one I did get on cd because of all the great tracks .
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:43 pm

Great debut from Cinderella! I picked this up on cassette back when it was a new release and I still like it!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 4:13 pm

Cinderella has been a long-time favorite of mine. Besides being from my hometown, they were one of the earliest hair/glam bands I got into.

While I was just a hair too young to appreciate this debut at the time of it's release, I quickly latched onto them when friends I hung out with described them as "kind of a mix between AC/DC and Aerosmith". As mentioned, I was just a little too young to catch them in their early club days, but had plenty of friends that saw them sweating it out in the local bars, honing their craft. We had our own little version of "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" in the lot of the Empire Rock Club, where JBJ discovered Cinderella. It was the place to be on the weekends. Everyone hung out there. You didn't even need to get into the club. Just hang out in the parking lot. Unfortunatley for me, I went to a catholic high school and had to keep short hair. I got no play whatsoever. Dudes uglier than a mule's ass would hook-up, just because they had long hair. Anyway, if you were an up-and-coming band in Philly in the mid-to-late 80's, if you didn't play at the Empire, you were sh*t.

I remember heated aguments when Britney fox hit the scene. It even got to the point where you had to pick a side. You were either a Cinderella fan or a shipjumper to those scab posers in Britney Fox. You can see where my loyalty was. Laughing

Anywho, Night Songs was a great debut from a band that I thought got better with each release, although they went with a much bluesier approach. They were never quite as "metallic" as they were on Night Songs. While I don't listen to much hair metal these days, I still spin this disc quite a bit when I'm feeling nostalgic.

Scary fun fact: Somewhere out there exists a pic of me and a couple of buddies re-creating the "Night Songs" pose in front of the downtown alleyway where the actual cover photo was supposedly taken.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:01 pm

I saw the videos in passing and never payed much attention till a song came on the radio and I actually listened. I dated a chick who always gave me rides places and she jammed the cassette alot. My fandom began more with the next one. Better late than never I suppose ?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 11:35 am

I always loved and still love their debut album. While the album is a nice time capsule to a bygone era, the music was a lot better and musicianship superior then about 99% of the bands they got lumped with. I still think the debut album holds up very well
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 1:26 pm

I love Night Songs!

Never have cared as much for the following albums though
Back to top Go down
mikeinfla
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mikeinfla

Number of posts : 2477

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeThu May 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Awesome, I still have it on vinyl. Favorite track is Somebody Save Me. Incidentally, while browsing the Walmart bargain bin I found a generic looking Cinderella disc that said "New Studio Recordings". I doubt it was recorded in the studio as most of the tracks sound live with the audience cut out. Several of the tracks are acoustic and those are obviously live cuts. It was in a cheap digipack that opens up side-ways.

Up next, my favorite Cinderella album Long Cold Winter that I bought on CD for 7.99 at WalMart back in 88 (or whever it was released!)
Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:00 pm

Cinderella Discography 2020910Who's to care if I grow my hair to the sky?

In 1988 Cinderella releases what many, including me, think of as their pinnacle album. Make no mistake, Cinderella is a blues band that rocks and rocks hard, incorporating the Stones/Aerosmith vibe again in spades but staying very much their own band. The album starts with one of those slow, twangy, cowboy intros but a little more then a minute into it Tom mutters, let's go boys and the music kicks into high gear and doesn't relent. Many say that GnR saved metal but if more had sounded like this then what would've needed saving?

With so many great songs it's hard to pick standout tracks but Gypsy Road may be the song that exempifys the Cinderella ethic and sound with Tom's gruff vocals soaring over a great riff and driving beat. Don't Know What You Got is a ballad but one done right and is their top charting song ever reaching number 12. Long Cold Winter is beefed up blues, slow and heavy and has some sweet guitar driving it.

An album that never gets old, it also reached 3mill in sales and had Cinderella at the top of their game. And it should be noted that Tom Keifer plays electric, acoustic and steel guitar on this album as well as some tasty harmonica.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:46 pm

I love this album, and IMO just a great album that steps way outside of the so called hair metal genre.

The talent of this band even inspired ex Led Zeppelin, John Paul Jones to provide some string arrangements for the album after producer Andy Johns played him some of the material the band was working on.

They took their major influences Aerosmith and The Rolling Stones, and made them their own.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39465

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:12 pm

Another great release by the band. When I saw Cinderella touring for Night Songs, they played a couple songs that would appear on Long Cold Winter. I was unfamiliar with the tunes but they sounded great. When this finally was released I bought the cassette on the first day. Really good stuff with my favorite song being Falling Apart At The Seams.

For whatever reason though, I kinda lost interest in them and have never bought another release except for their greatest hits collection Once Upon A....
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 2:28 pm

My fave Cinderella album, hands down. They threw some people for a loop with the big time blues influence and moving away from the "heavy metal" sound, but to me it was more of a confirmation that these guys were not just another "hair band."

I saw Cinderella opening for Judas Priest's RAM IT DOWN tour while they were supporting this album... which was a rather odd combination, to say the least. Needless to say, they were not exactly welcomed by the Judas Priest crowd. I think I may have been the only person there who was excited to see BOTH bands, the audience was so merciless during Cinderella's set that I was hesitant to stand up and rock out cuz I was afraid someone would rip my head off and throw it at the stage. I still vividly remember the two drunk-as-skunks "Heavy Metal Parking Lot" rejects seated behind my brother and I who kept shouting things like "F**KIN DIE, YOU HOMO AIDS VICTIM F*GGOTS!" and so forth throughout Cinderella's set.. the memory of which, naturally, became very ironic about ten years later...wonder what those dudes thought of Halford's bombshell announcement in '98. Very Happy

...so anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, great record, there seriously is not a bad track on LONG COLD WINTER. Faves would be "Gypsy Road" and the title track (Tom Keifer channeling his inner Janis Joplin!) but it's all good and I still listen to this one pretty regularly all these years later.

Another memory I have attached to this album was the day I went out to buy it, shortly after its release...it was an EXTREMELY hot mid Summer day and the nearest record store was a couple of miles' hike from my house. I was a broke teenager with no car but I REALLY wanted to hear the album, so I hoofed it there and back, sweatin' my tuchas off the entire way. As I headed home from the record store with my prize in my hand, trying not to melt from the heat, I reflected that the band had a lot of balls releasing an album called "Long Cold Winter" in the middle of July. Laughing very hard

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Witchfinder
Metal is Forever
Witchfinder

Number of posts : 7608

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 4:01 pm

I liked Long Cold Winter when it came out and Gypsy Road was a party theme that whole summer. This was really the last album by Cinderella that I enjoyed though as they were heading down the Blues/Rock path that I quickly lost interest in.
Back to top Go down
http://themetalblogofmetal.blogspot.com/
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6327

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 9:27 pm

I only have the debut and I love it. My wife hates them with a passion, but I got this album a long time ago, mostly because of Nobody's Fool. I never really thought about it, but how come I never got more Cinderella?

Which one should I get?

My favourite tracks off Night Songs are Back Home Again and especially Nothin' For Nothin'! But all the tracks are great. A wonderful album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:02 pm

Lari wrote:
how come I never got more Cinderella?

Which one should I get?

You might as well get all four studio albums (Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing)...they're all quite good and can be had pretty cheap

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:07 pm

Man, I LOVE this album, I bought Still Climbing first, but when I heard this one, it blue my mind. From the Bad Seamstress Blues to the closing notes of Take Me Back, there is not a bad track on here. It still sounds fantastic to my ears now.

I absolutely hate alternative, and it was album like this one that got me thru my formative years. When Everyone else was wearing plaid, and lusting after Eddie Vedder and Kurt Cobain, I was in my room blasting this album, along with Stryper and playing air guitar.

Last edited by jettafiend on Fri May 11, 2012 10:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:09 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Lari wrote:
how come I never got more Cinderella?

Which one should I get?

You might as well get all four studio albums (Night Songs, Long Cold Winter, Heartbreak Station and Still Climbing)...they're all quite good and can be had pretty cheap

definitely get all 4 as they all are Cinderella but have different attitudes and one album does not do justice to the variety in the bands sound.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 10:32 pm

I remember buying this when I saw the display at Groove Time Records. That chick I mentioned earlier really had me on this binge, by this time her excuse was the tape was stuck in the player.

My favorite tune on this lp is "Comin Home" Even though I wasn't traveling like years before, I can really relate to tune. Great album all the way through. It is close to being my favorite by them, but it isn't.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
brokentulsa

Number of posts : 1779

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 6:33 pm

I love the first 2 albums by Cinderella. They had a real heavy party sound with some balls. I really liked their look as well...they were everything in the look that an 80s hair band should be.
Back to top Go down
ShadowAngel
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:06 pm

Cinderella are quite unknown here in Germany, even though i think back then Long Cold Winter made it into the charts but it's really a band most people will say "It's some kind of hair metal band, so what?"
I wrote reviews about their albums on my website and even got some hatemail because "shitty bands don't deserve good ratings, you have no clue about music" - at the same time a lot of people because of my reviews bought the albums and were surprised. They liked them and said "Without your reviews, i would never have bought them"
Which leads me also to the question: Would the band have been more popular with a better name? Cinderella does sound stupid and you either expect an all-female group or a female fronted band not a blues-based Hard Rock band.

Night Songs does have a Glam Metal influence, i guess mostly because of Bon Jovi, they already changed on Long Cold Winter. Which i also think is their best album, with the most memorable songs. The first 4 songs from Bad Seamstress Blues/Fallin' Apart at the seams to The Last Mile are just awesome.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:44 pm

When I first started NoLifeTilMetal.com I received a few nasty letters about my inclusion of Cinderella on a 'metal' site. I eventually added the FAQ section for that reason.

I like Cinderella a lot. I've seen them live several times and they've always been great. I love all four studio albums, though the self-titled is still my favorite.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ShadowAngel

Number of posts : 445

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 9:10 pm

[quote="ultmetal"]When I first started NoLifeTilMetal.com I received a few nasty letters about my inclusion of Cinderella on a 'metal' site.
ultmetal wrote:
everything that's old can't be metal because it isn't metalcore and Bullet for my Valentine or whatever is the hype 'metal' band of the moment. It's sad.
It's the same with everything else. Once you state your oppinion, you will get called a troll or get flamed. I got a shitload of hatemail for my review on Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 (rated it 5.5/10 because it was just a mediocre single player experience)
And it's always only hate you get, no constructive criticism, no helpful advice, no it's always "you suck, you have no clue, die, go to hell" and so on.
I've read the hall of shame mails on your site, i don't understand those stupid people.

[quote="ultmetal"]
I like Cinderella a lot. I've seen them live several times and they've always been great. I love all four studio albums, though the self-titled is still my favorite.

I've seen them live in 2010 at the Sweden Rock Festival and despite some PA-Issues they were really awesome, which took me by surprise as i expected some washed up has-beens that tour because all the glam metal things are popular now in europe. It's a shame they won't or can't (whatever is true, they always repeat that sony music contract story) make a new album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.kingdomofdesire.de
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cinderella Discography   Cinderella Discography Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cinderella Discography
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: The Complete Works-
Jump to: