Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)

Go down 
+20
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
jerseyultifan+
ghost
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
metalken
XYZ
QuothTheRaven
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
James B.
Schbopo
stepcousin
DeathCult
akeldama
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 10:53 am

Never saw / heard this one. I don't have time to watch dvd these days.

About Honkin on Bobo...

Quote :
You can get this CD dirt cheap, for around $2 on Amazon.

That's a crime!! Great cd.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 07, 2009 12:24 pm

Not a bad DVD, I have not watched it in awhile. What can one say it is Aerosmith performing live, I do wish they did not interput the flow of the concert for interviews of the band.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 513N2CX2R7L._SS500_
Aerosmith - Rockin' the Joint (Columbia) 2005

STANDARD CD (TARGET VERSION)
1. "Good Evening Las Vegas" (:21)
2. "Beyond Beautiful" (4:51)
3. "Same Old Song and Dance" (5:50)
4. "No More No More" (4:40)
5. "Seasons of Wither" (5:05)
6. "Light Inside" (3:35)
7. "Draw the Line" (7:22)
8. "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (4:33)
9. "Big Ten Inch Record " (4:17)
10. "Rattlesnake Shake" (8:24)
11. "Walk This Way" (4:12)
12. "Train Kept a Rollin'" (5:05)
BONUS TRACKS
13. "Livin' on the Edge" (5:30)
14. "What it Takes" (5:27)

DUAL DISC (DVD/CD) VERSION
CD SIDE
1. "Good Evening Las Vegas" (:21)
2. "Beyond Beautiful" (4:51)
3. "Same Old Song and Dance" (5:50)
4. "No More No More" (4:40)
5. "Seasons of Wither" (5:05)
6. "Light Inside" (3:35)
7. "Draw the Line" (7:22)
8. "I Don't Want to Miss a Thing" (4:33)
9. "Big Ten Inch Record " (4:17)
10. "Rattlesnake Shake" (8:24)
11. "Walk This Way" (4:12)
12. "Train Kept a Rollin'" (5:05)
DVD SIDE
1. "Good Evening Las Vegas"
2. "Beyond Beautiful"
3. "Same Old Song And Dance"
4. "No More No More"
5. "Seasons Of Wither"
6. "Light Inside"
7. "Draw The Line"
8. "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing"
9. "Big Ten Inch Record"
10. "Rattlesnake Shake"
11. "Walk This Way"
12. "Train Kept A Rollin'"
13, "No More No More"
14. "Dream On"
15. "Draw the Line"
16. "Sweet Emotion"

Wow, another live album so close to the release of the live DVD, "You Gotta Move". Well, I have to be honest, as a bonified Aero-nut, I am overjoyed! To be honest, while I though "You Gotta Move" was a great DVD, I don't spend much time watching DVDs. I much prefer listening to music, so this new live CD will get much more spins than the DVD did. But what of the material here? Well, most of the material here is stuff you don't hear very often from Aerosmith. There is a ton of old classics here like "No More No More", "Season of Wither", an extended version of "Draw the Line", "Big Ten Inch Record" and the Fleetwood Mac classic "Rattlesnake Shake". This song is probably the highlight of this CD as it is one of those longtime Aerosmith fan favorites, yet it was never officially released by the band and only existed in bootleg format in years past. There are also two songs from the underrated "Just Push Play". I was somewhat disappointed that "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" was chosen over the quientessential ballad "Dream On". I suppose the band wanted to include a song that hasn't been on just about every other live CD they have released. Some copies of this album also include two live bonus tracks, "Livin' on the Edge" and "What it Takes". In the U.S., Target stores claimed to have this "exclusive" bonus material. Whether they are the only ones, I don't know for sure, but I did pick my copy up from Target. The sound quality here is spotless, yet retains that raw live energy that Aerosmith are known for as well.

There is the standard, 12-track CD version, the Dualdisc version which contains four songs on the DVD side not available on the CD version, an import version that contains a track not on the American release ("Toys In The Attic"), and the Target versions, where both the CD and Dualdisc sold at Target stores contain two bonus tracks supposedly only available from Target. The bonus tracks are "Living On The Edge" and "What It Takes". I immediately rushed out and purchased the CD version from Target. It didn't hurt that the Target disc with the bonus tracks was on sale for $9.99 either, as opposed to the $14.99 it was selling for elsewhere. However, being the Aero-nut I am, I knew I would eventually pick up some of the other versions as well. The DualDisc version contains live video takes of the album's "No More No More" and "Draw the Line," as well as bonus performances of early band staples "Dream On" and "Sweet Emotion." This additional video footage is excellent. It's sort of a shame they just didn't release the entire show on DVD and CD. Personally, I prefer the CD format as I tend to listen to music more so than I watch it.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 10:27 am

I much prefer this live album then the previous live opus 'A Little South of Sanity". This album is fun listen and the band on this tour sounds like it was firing on all cylinders.

I have the standard version of this CD and never bought it on the Dual Disc format, it was nice they included one of my favorite Aerosmith tunes 'Seasons of Wither' and 'No More No More' .

IMO their live album since 'Live Bootleg' and the band sounds inspired and where having a great time. A fun, loud , rock n roll album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 09, 2009 11:44 am

My brother purchased this one for me for some occasion (birthday? Christmas?). It's not a frequent spinner for me, although I do like their set-list way better than previous efforts. They've dug back for some deeper tracks which I can appreciate. The only mis-step in my opinion is that horrible ballad included here. I understand it was a big hit for the band, but I just dislike that song. And it seems out of place in a set-list that concentrates on older, obscure tracks. Ah well, as they say, that's what the "skip button" is for.

I guess mine is the standard cd Target version. I don't recall having the dual disc format. Although I just might. Like I said, it's been awhile since I gave this one a spin.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 7:56 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 61o9WWCzYmL._SS500_
Aerosmith - Devil's Got a New Disguise (Columbia) 2006

1. "Dream On" (4:26)
2. "Mama Kin" (4:26)
3. "Sweet Emotion" (4:35)
4. "Back In The Saddle" (4:40)
5. "Last Child" (3:26)
6. "Walk This Way" [Run DMC version] (3:40)
7. "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)" (4:22)
8. "Rag Doll" (4:25)
9. "Love In An Elevator" (5:22)
10. "Janie's Got A Gun" (5:30)
11. "What It Takes" (4:08)
12. "Crazy" (4:04)
13. "Livin' On The Edge" (4:21)
14. "Cryin'" (5:09)
15. "Don't Want To Miss A Thing" (4:28)
16. "Jaded" (3:35)
17. "Sedona Sunrise" (4:18)
18. "Devil's Got A New Disguise" (4:27)

I am the biggest Aerosmith nut there is. I buy everything and anything they put out, usually the day it's released. I was disappointed to find out that Columbia was putting out yet another compilation, "best of" CD. I mean in the last few years we've had two live albums with these cuts on them, as well as several different compilation CDs. (I count 12 of them!) Why another one? "Devil's Got a New Disguise - The Very Best of Aerosmith" is nothing more than a filler album intended to fulfill Aerosmith's contract with Sony Music/Columbia Records and to tide fans over until the band releases their 15th studio album, originally scheduled for completion in Spring 2007 (It's now 2009 and still nothing new!). However, I did have hope in what was suppose to be two new songs. Ahhhh, but alas, these are not new songs, they are both tracks that have been floating around various bootlegs for some time. Well, I suppose we can at least be glad that they are finally officially released. As far as the compilation itself, the track listing is very predictable. If anyone has "Greatest Hits" and "Big Ones" you really only need this one for the new songs. A single disc collection with some of the band's biggest radio singles, although most of these are not the fan favorites. I was surprised to see the band's original version of "Walk this Way" left off in favor of the Run DMC rap version. Unfortunately this release gives very little props to the 70's material, including only five songs. The remainder of the 18 songs are Geffen recordings, beginning with the Run-D.M.C. version of "Walk This Way" and then moving on to two tracks from "Permanent Vacation". Unfortunately the record company bypassed anything from the underrated "Done with Mirrors", as well as "Nine Lives" and the excellent "Honkin' on Bobo". In other words, this is far from a comprehensive career retrospective and hardly a necessary release. They might have been better off releasing a compilation of rare Aerosmith material, of which there is plenty. Of the new material, "Sedona Sunrise" is a nice country tinged song with a big Stones influence and "Devil's Got a New Disguise" is a good hard rocker that I am sure will see some radio play. In the end, this is a fine compilation for the casual fan who hasn't already purchased one of many Aerosmith compilations, however, there isn't really anything here of substance for us fans. It's just another cash cow for the record company and nothing more.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 8:53 am

Another cash grab from coke sniffing record execs, if I see if cheap I will buy it for the two new songs but til then I pass.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 10, 2009 10:11 am

Don't have, don't want. This applies here too...

Quote :
ANOTHER FREAKIN' COMP!!! WTF!?! See this is the problem with record comapnies. They think we're stupid and they can just polish up any old turd and we'll buy it if they throw an extra cherry or 2 on top. Well not this guy. I still smell a turd. If there was an emoticon with a middle finger sticking up, I'd put it here.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:18 pm

Finally ULT we have reached the final CD, how about Joe Perry's last two solo albums?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 3:52 pm

AHHHHH. Sure. I'll add the last two Joe Perry albums tomorrow.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:42 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 416TR9J0QYL._SS500_
Joe Perry (Columbia) 2005

1. "Shakin' My Cage" (4:13)
2. "Hold On Me" (4:41)
3. "Pray For Me" (4:07)
4. "Can¹t Compare" (3:52)
5. "Lonely" (4:50)
6. "Crystal Ship" (2:42)
7. "Talk Talkin¹" (3:33)
8. "Push Comes To Shove" (3:39)
9. "Twilight" (3:36)
10. "Ten Years" (4:35)
11. "Vigilante Man" (3:32)
12. "Dying To Be Free" (3:40)
13. "Mercy" (4:22)

I was quite anxious to hear some new solo material from Joe Perry. I still listen to the Joe Perry Project material regularly. I've always appreciated Joe's down to earth, blues based, guitar playing and song writing. His new solo excursion, modestly titled 'Joe Perry', isn't that far removed from his band's last effort "Honkin' on Bobo". In other words, this is exactly what you'd expect from Joe. This is a solo effort in the truest sense. Joe handles all the vocals, guitars, bass and keys with co-producer Paul Caruso handling the drums and percussion. As anyone who frequents this site knows, I am a huge Aerosmith fan, so I obviously have a bit of bias for Perry, but I can't really see why any fan of good guitar driven rock n roll wouldn't enjoy this album. "Shakin' My Cage" is a smokin' album opener. The only thing that might have improved it is Tyler on the mic. While I dig Joe's "can't sing-don't care" vocal style, there is no denying that the Toxic Twins together create a lethal sound. "Push Comes To Shove" has a nice groove and it's a fun song. "Twilight" & "Mercy" are nice Instrumentals. "Twilight" in particular reminded me of something off of Satriani's first album. It just has that ethereal quality. There are a few cover songs as well, including a respectful cover of Woody Guthrie's "Vigilante Man" and a trippy cover of the Doors' "Crystal Ship". "Push Comes To Shove" is another standout cut with a good groove. "Vigilante Man" has some of Joe's signature slide guitar work reminding me of some of his work with the Project and even some of Aerosmith's late 70's work. It's also worth mentioning that Sony put some money into the packaging here. On top of a nicely laid out, 4 color booklet with spot varnishes, the entire package is in one of the new Dual Disc jewel cases that are much nicer that the typical CD case. The DVD side of the disc features the entire album in 5.1 Surround Sound, exclusive in-the-studio, behind-the-scenes and interview footage and two UMixIt tracks. While this is a nice addition, it is the music I am most interested in. The DVD is one of those things I watched once and probably won't revisit very often. The CD side, however, will see plenty of playtime for years to come.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 8:45 am

Great review and it is missing in my collection, I will have add this album to my want list, curious to hear how Joe Perry handles a Doors song.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 16, 2009 9:15 am

The dual disc format was an intersting concept, anyways... I am on the same page as Ult with this release. Kinda/sorta saying this would of been one hell of an Aerosmith cd.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 10:40 am

I like this cd. It's not great or mind-blowing by any means, but a good, solid release. Could've been interesting as an Aerosmith release. I like Joe's singing style.

The dual disc thing was a nice effort, but ultimately a failed attempt. Don't like it. I watched the dvd once. Meh.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:06 pm

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 51jVsoze92L._SS500_
Joe Perry – Have Guitar Will Travel (Roman Records) 2009

1. We've Got A Long Way To Go (4:34)
2. Slingshot (4:20)
3. Do You Wonder (5:14)
4. Somebody's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked In Tonite) (4:10)
5. Heaven and Hell (7:19)
6. No Surprise (4:53)
7. Wooden Ships (4:56)
8. Oh Lord (21 grams) (3:27)
9. Scare The Cat (4:47)
10. Freedom (3:50)

While Aerosmith is down for a spell as Tyler heals from an accident, Joe Perry put together his fifth solo release. Recorded at Perry’s home studio, The Boneyard, “Have Guitar Will Travel” is purposely under produced, raw and greasy. Being that this is a solo album, and not an Aerosmith record, Joe is afforded the opportunity to experiment a bit and move outside the realm of Aerosmith. Whereas the early Joe Perry Project albums sounded like Aerosmith records, “Have Guitar” pretty much stears clear of that sound. Frankly, my first thoughts were that this album sounds like a mixture of Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and Jerry Lee Lewis. Yes, Perry reaches back and pays homage to his roots here. In fact, the lone instrumental “Wooden Ships” is a dedication to the late, great Les Paul. This song has some firely licks and a slight jazz undertone. The rest of the album features vocal duties split between Perry and a relatively unknown German singer who goes by the moniker “Hagen”. Opening track “We’ve Got A Long Way to Go” and “Do You Wonder” are the most radio friendly of the bunch. “We Got a Long Way to Go” has a slight modern rock touch. “Do You Wonder” boasts a repetitive, catchy chorus and some bluesy qualities. “Oh Lord” is a short and delicate ballad. "Someone's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked in Tonight)," is actually a cover of a very early Fleetwood Mac original. I could see Aerosmith recording this song. “Freedom” is the one song that reminded me the most of Aerosmith, sounding like it could have come off of “Draw the Line”. Perry’s slide guitar dominates this song. “Have Guitar Will Travel” is a solo album and probably won’t have the same crossover appeal that Aerosmith have. This will most likely only appeal to hardcore Aerosmith fanatics and those who enjoy the guitar driven rock of the 70’s.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 12:23 pm

Aside from the 1st single, 'We've Got a Long Way To Go', I have not yet heard this album. I say "yet" because due to a mix-up in holiday shopping, I'll be getting it under the Christmas tree. My brother asked for a copy, so I ordered him one from Amazon. My mother also purchased him a copy at FYE. When she told me she could return her copy, I "suggested" that she just gives it to me as I wanted this one too. "Fine, but you have to wait till Christmas".

Quote :
Frankly, my first thoughts were that this album sounds like a mixture of Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and Jerry Lee Lewis. Yes, Perry reaches back and pays homage to his roots here. In fact, the lone instrumental “Wooden Ships” is a dedication to the late, great Les Paul.

While I was expecting just another straight-up rock record, this statement intrigues me all the more. Sounds interesting.

Quote :
a relatively unknown German singer who goes by the moniker “Hagen”.

According to Joe in an interview on Eddie Trunk's radio show, Hagen was found and suggested by Joe's wife (and manager?) on YouTube, just like the new guy in Journey. Maybe he'll be the new pipes in Aerosmith someday? AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_biggrin

Quote :
"Someone's Gonna Get (Their Head Kicked in Tonight)," is actually a cover of a very early Fleetwood Mac original.

That's about the 3rd or 4th song Joe or Aerosmith have swiped from the old Fleetwood Mac catalog, isn't it?

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 1:55 pm

Joe Perry is a major Peter Green fan and your review of this CD has put this on the top of my want list.

Another note I just wanted to applaud ULT, on the excellent job he did on this thread.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:33 pm

manny wrote:
Joe Perry is a major Peter Green fan and your review of this CD has put this on the top of my want list.

Another note I just wanted to applaud ULT, on the excellent job he did on this thread.

Not to get too far off topic, but have you heard Gary Moore's Blues for Greeny album? Excellent covers of Peter Green's music. Check it out if that's your bag.

And yes, my [ass]hat's off to Ult on the nice job covering this extensive discography.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Dec 17, 2009 2:39 pm

Wanted to also mention that the song "Heaven and Hell" has a vibe very similar to the first Joe Perry Project album. Great song.

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12599

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 8:35 am

good job all the way around bro

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 07, 2010 3:44 pm

About Joe Perry's Have Guitar...

Quote :
Frankly, my first thoughts were that this album sounds like a mixture of Chuck Berry, Bo Diddley and Jerry Lee Lewis.

Got his disc for Christmas and given it some spins. I'm not hearing this at all, with the possible exception of the Peter Green FM cover tune. I'm hearing a few tunes that could have been Aerosmith songs ('Still Got A Long Way To Go', 'Do You Wonder'). I think Hagen sounds a little like Steven Tyler at times. And a few that remind me of older Joe Perry Project songs. There is one tune, I think it was 'Slingshot' that actually reminded me of the Doors, specifically 'RoadHouse Blues'. I think it was the piano and the jangly guitar.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with the record. It's not gonna knock your socks off, but it's a nice listen. I played it together with Joe's last s/t solo disc and the songs meshed together nicely while I was sitting at home, going through the mail and writing bills. It'll fill the time suffeciently while we wait for the next Aerosmith album.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 10:12 am

Just bought Joe Perry's 'Have Guitar Will Travel" and no major surprises, it is solid working man's hard rock album. I was surprised how many lead vocals Perry takes on and Hagan maybe the best vocalist who has worked on Joe Perry's solo albums. A very solid hard rock album and it is easy to imagine Steven Tyler singing a few these tunes.

I also bought Devil's Got New Disguise dirt cheap to have the two unreleased tracks, not bad songs but not very memorable.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 20, 2010 11:27 am

manny wrote:
Just bought Joe Perry's 'Have Guitar Will Travel" and no major surprises, it is solid working man's hard rock album. I was surprised how many lead vocals Perry takes on and Hagan maybe the best vocalist who has worked on Joe Perry's solo albums. A very solid hard rock album and it is easy to imagine Steven Tyler singing a few these tunes.

I also bought Devil's Got New Disguise dirt cheap to have the two unreleased tracks, not bad songs but not very memorable.

As I recall, those two "new" songs were actually just leftover "b-side" tracks and not new at all.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 17, 2010 3:31 pm

can't wait to see 'em live in Europe this summer.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 20, 2010 3:53 pm

In reference to Aerosmith's Greatest Hits (1980) This is what will be going on my May Update for Rock City

Quote :
By far in my opinon one of the best
greatest hits packages ever made this gem is full of some of Aerosmith's best
work. I used to own this on cassette so getting it on CD was a must. It kicks
off with Dream On a song Tyler wrote as a teenager before Aerosmith was
even born. A Ballad of hope and a trademark of Aerosmith's extensive catalog.
But of these 10 gems the one song that stands out to me the most is Kings
& Queens
It is by far my all time favorite song by Aerosmith. Albeit an
obscure tune by them It's one of a kind. On this GH package is two covers the
first being The Beatles' Come Together which I had heard is the
most covered song out there. Aerosmith definitly does Lennon & McCartney's
classic justice giving it modern rock sound. The second cover is
Shangri-La'sRemember (Walking In The Sand) I gotta say next to
Kings & Queens this song is my #2 favorite on this album. Aerosmith
made it their own, To memory I am not certain if I have ever heard the original
but Id be curious to hear the original and see how much of a difference is made
with Aerosmith's version. Of all the Greatest Hits CDs by Aerosmith I would
recommend this one first and foremost. It was this that turned me into an avid
fan of the boys from Boston
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)
Page 11 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next