Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)

Go down 
+20
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
jerseyultifan+
ghost
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
metalken
XYZ
QuothTheRaven
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
James B.
Schbopo
stepcousin
DeathCult
akeldama
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
AuthorMessage
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:34 am

Quote :
I finally have in my hands a copy of "Mirrors". I have not heard this album before but I had a friend in highschool that had the original version with the backwards print on the disc. Man this album is a monster. Favorite track is "Let the Music Do the Talking." Why does the band slag this monster of a song? It's great.

That whole album gets overlooked by the band. If I remember correctly, at the time, Joe rejoined the band, but they were all still a mess with drugs & booze. 'Let the Music...' was a Joe Perry solo track that they reworked and the rest of the songs were thrown together kinda quickly. Unfortunately, the band was considdered washed-up to the new MTV generation and the album fell flat on it's tits.

It wasn't until they earned back a little "street cred" with Run-DMC, got sobered-up and hired some outside help to write them a hit album that put them back on top. Even though Joe & Brad were back for the Mirrors album, the band still looks at Permanent Vacation as their come back album.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:53 am

I love 'Done With Mirrors' coked out, fly by the seat of the pants, rawness of the album.

Steven Tyler's lyrics are some of his best street gutter poetry, talking about pinball wizards, 13 year old hookers, Betty Boop has got him drolling and that is just on one track.

Joe Perry plays slide, lead, and with so much attitude, that he even the semi mellower songs like 'She's On Fire' sound bad ass.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 9:54 am

I dig Done With Mirrors too. That was one of the first (if not the first) Aerosmith album I owned.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:49 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I dig Done With Mirrors too. That was one of the first (if not the first) Aerosmith album I owned.

I was listening to Done With Mirrors in my car last week. It's just bare-bones hard rock. No big productions. No outside writers or pop singles. Aerosmith at their most basic. I enjoy it. "Darkness", "Let the Music", "The Hop" all come to mind as standouts.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37557

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 11:56 am

ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I was listening to Done With Mirrors in my car last week. It's just bare-bones hard rock. No big productions. No outside writers or pop singles. Aerosmith at their most basic. I enjoy it. "Darkness", "Let the Music", "The Hop" all come to mind as standouts.

I haven't listened to in a while, I should pull that one out tomorrow.

"Darkness" is a phenomenal song. When I first bought "D.W.M." back in the day it was on vinyl and that song was a cassette-only bonus track. I heard it on a friend's tape and was knocked out by it so I had to buy the cassette so I could have that song. Very Happy

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:08 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

Funny. Done With Mirrors was the last Aerosmith album I upgraded from tape to cd when I found a used copy 3 or 4 years ago.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I haven't listened to in a while, I should pull that one out tomorrow.

"Darkness" is a phenomenal song. When I first bought "D.W.M." back in the day it was on vinyl and that song was a cassette-only bonus track. I heard it on a friend's tape and was knocked out by it so I had to buy the cassette so I could have that song. Very Happy

I never heard that song til I replaced my vinyl copy with a CD version, and IMO if that tune had been released as a second single the album would have sold better, btw the album went to gold which is not too bad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:12 pm

ultmetal wrote:
It's just bare-bones hard rock. No big productions. No outside writers or pop singles. Aerosmith at their most basic.

That's why I like it. It's also why I haven't liked much they've done since that album.

Back to top Go down
Dark Horseman
Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:19 pm

Took me a long time to check out DWM and to my surprise it was a good, rockin' album.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Quote :
Joe Perry plays slide, lead, and with so much attitude, that he even the semi mellower songs like 'She's On Fire' sound bad ass.

Joe could play 'Mary Had A Little Lamb' and make it sound dirty. Twisted Evil

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:35 pm

S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
It's just bare-bones hard rock. No big productions. No outside writers or pop singles. Aerosmith at their most basic.

That's why I like it. It's also why I haven't liked much they've done since that album.

Did you like Honkin' on Bobo?

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12528

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Since Done With Mirrors, Honkin is the only release I relly care for I am a major Aerosmith fan

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 4:54 pm

Bump for S.D.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:40 pm

I've actually never heard that album all the way through, I'll check Spotify to see if it's on there so I can give you some feedback.

Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 22, 2012 6:44 pm

S.D. wrote:
I've actually never heard that album all the way through, I'll check Spotify to see if it's on there so I can give you some feedback.

It's on there, but the order of the albums is messed up. Should be about the middle of the list.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:34 pm

ultmetal wrote:
S.D. wrote:
ultmetal wrote:

Finally got around to checking out Honkin' On Bobo this morning. Quite enjoyable album, I dig it. I definitely prefer this to anything else they've recorded since the Permanent Vacation era.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 13 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)
Page 13 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13