Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)

Go down 
+20
Shawn Of Fire
Addy
jerseyultifan+
ghost
rattpoison
MetalGuy71
metalken
XYZ
QuothTheRaven
iamrockerfun
thejokeriv
James B.
Schbopo
stepcousin
DeathCult
akeldama
Fat Freddy
manny
ultmetal
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:22 pm

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 A96481b0c8a0917eb6de8110.L
Aerosmith - Made in America (Columbia/Sony) 1997

1. "Back in the Saddle" (4:40)
2. "Toys in the Attic" (3:05)
3. "Seasons of Wither" (3:39)
4. "Walk This Way" (3:40)
5. "Chip Away At the Stone" (4:06)
6. "One Way Street" [live] (6:42)

A short little album that was suppose to only sell in WalMart locations in the US, but has shown up in other stores as well. Probably a marketing idea by Sony to introduce all the younger fans, who may only know the newer albums not on Sony/Columbia, to the older material. To interest hard-core fans, they included a rare live performance of "One Way Street." recorded at Mama Kin Music Hall, Boston, MA, Dec. '94.

Lists for $5.96 but I have seen it as low as $3.99. This will probably be a collector's item in a few years.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:30 pm

I saw this at Walmart and skipped it.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12634

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:39 pm

I like the cover art concept, though it could of been done better .

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 12:50 pm

My brother picked me up a copy of this one year for Christmas. Didin't listen to it much, but I thought it was kinda cool.

Then I lost it. Don't know where or when. One day I was looking for some other disc and I noticed it was missing. I'm very anal about my collection. I do not lend out discs and I'm good about putting them back in the cases and putting the case back in the racks. It drove me crazy that this disc just up and disappeared. Never found it and still don't know what happened to it to this day. I'll chalk it up to gremlins I guess.

I'd pick up another copy if I found it in the used bins or something, but it's not a top priority.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:08 pm

MetalGuy,
You can get copies on Amazon for under $1.
http://www.amazon.com/Made-America-Aerosmith/dp/B00005A9YL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259086055&sr=1-1

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 1:41 pm

ultmetal wrote:
MetalGuy,
You can get copies on Amazon for under $1.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/Made-America-Aerosmith/dp/B00005A9YL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259086055&sr=1-1
http://www.amazon.com/Made-America-Aerosmith/dp/B00005A9YL/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=music&qid=1259086055&sr=1-1[/quote[/url]]

Sweet. I added it to my Amazon want-list. Next time I place an order I'll probably throw that one in there too. Thanks Ult.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 2:06 pm

manny wrote:
I saw this at Walmart and skipped it.

Me too.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:35 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 A229b220dca0597f7d2e2010.L
Aerosmith - Little South of Sanity (Columbia) 1998

DISC 1
1. "Intro/Eat the Rich" (5:15)
2. "Love in an Elevator" (5:55)
3. "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)" (3:35)
4. "Same Old Song and Dance" (5:57)
5. "Hole in My Soul" (5:41)
6. "Monkey on My Back" (4:09)
7. "Livin' on the Edge" (5:24)
8. "Cryin'" (5:11)
9. "Rag Doll" (4:14)
10. "Angel" (5:36)
11. "Janie's Got a Gun" (5:14)
12. "Amazing" (5:23)

DISC 2
13. "Back in the Saddle" (6:10)
14. "Last Child" (5:05)
15. "Other Side" (4:40)
16. "Walk on Down" (3:41)
17. "Dream On" (4:51)
18. "Crazy" (5:45)
19. "Mama Kin" (4:12)
20. "Walk This Way" (4:12)
21. "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" (4:22)
22. "What It Takes" (5:15)
23. "Sweet Emotion" (5:57)

"Little South of Sanity" is much cleaner than "Live! Bootleg", better assembled than the "Classics" disc and shows Aerosmith doing what they do best! Aerosmith have always been an excellent live band, especially in the more recent years after they cleaned up their act. With a band whose career has spanned three decades, there isn't enough room for all the songs I would have liked to have seen on this disc. It might have been nice to include some of the more underground favorites like "Rats in the Cellar" but as it stands "L.S.O.S." is a great career retrospective, which I hope still has a long life ahead of it. Aerosmith RULE!

Also available in a limited edition digi-version. The cotton blue digi has the same embroidered Aerosmith wings patch as the gas station attendant on the front cover of the regular version. Other than the packaging, there isn't any difference between this version and the regular version.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 8:43 am

Not a bad album, but not an album I reach for when I went to listen to live Aerosmith. The performances are all spot on and maybe too perfect. What I love of the other live albums Aerosmith put out prior to this release is their performances at times where far from perfect, bummed notes, etc but the band's energy was incredible.

The performances on this disc are too clean and maybe it is because the Aerosmith I fondly remember was a dangerous rock n roll act who's stage perfromances sometimes seemed on the verge of collapsing but they always managed to pull it all together and give one hell of performance.

A good live disc and not a bad intro if you are newbie to Aerosmith but prefer 'Live Bootleg' and 'Classics Live' series.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am

This one had 2 strikes against it for me. One, it's a live album, which for the most part I can take or leave. Two, I didn't care much for the set-list represented here. Too much of the newer stuff for my taste. Consequently, I've never owned this one. I've heard it though, my brother has a copy. Meh. Like Manny mentioned, it's a little too clean sounding. The songs sound pretty much like their studio versions with some crowd noise and Steven's banter thrown in. Nothing essential here.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:40 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 518AGYN6ZQL._SS500_
Aerosmith - Classics Live! Complete (Columbia) 1998

1. "Train Kept a Rollin'" (3:20)
2. "Kings & Queens" (4:46)
3. "Sweet Emotion" (5:14)
4. "Dream On" (4:50)
5. "Mama Kin" (3:41)
6. "Three Mile Smile/Reefer Head Woman" (4:54)
7. "Lord of the Thighs" (7:05)
8. "Major Barbra" [studio track] (4:03)
9. "Back in the Saddle" (4:38)
10. "Walk This Way" (4:22)
11. "Movin' Out" (5:44)
12. "Draw the Line" (4:47)
13. "Same Old Song & Dance" (5:45)
14. "Last Child" (3:43)
15. "Let the Music Do The Talking" (5:44)
16. "Toys in the Attic" (4:04)

This CD (COL 487351 2) was released in Europe in September of 1998 and contains Classics Live and Classics Live II on the same CD. Unlike the original red and blue covers, this cover is black. The CD itself is a picture disc with the front cover printed on it. (In contrast to the other Columbia remastered discs with the red printing on the CD.) Inside the booklet are some copies of magazine reviews (as in all the remastered covers), band members (many of the same pictures from the original Classics Live releases) as well as all the credits from both albums. The inlay is a photo of collector's items like drum sticks, badges, hats, LPs etc. It's actually quite cool having all these songs on one disc. Unfortunately having "Major Barbara" in the middle of the disc sort of breaks up the overall live feel of the platter. I would have liked to have had this song moved to the end of the CD, but otherwise, a cool collector's disc. I tend to listen to this one more than either of the two originals.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 30, 2009 8:48 am

Looks cool but definitley its appeal is to die hard Aerosmith collector or someone who may not own the original two releases.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 12:16 pm

Never saw this one, but from Ult's description, it sounds like it was more about the packaging than the music contained within. Seeing how little I listen to the original Classics Live albums, getting this one would be pretty pointless for me. Although there is a certain appeal having both album on 1 disc.

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 1:09 pm

OK, between Little South of Sanity and this next album there were a slew of compilation CDs, which I have decided not to list. It just seems pointless to list 10 compilations with nearly the same track listing. There was also the Armageddon Soundtrack, which had 5-6 Aero songs. Maybe I will list that one tomorrow.

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 51ORScgAl7L._SS500_
Aerosmith - Just Push Play (Columbia) 2001

1. "Beyond Beautiful" (4:45)
2. "Just Push Play" (3:51)
3. "Jaded" (3:34)
4. "Fly Away From Here" (5:01)
5. "Trip Hoppin'" (4:27)
6. "Sunshine" (3:37)
7. "Under My Skin" (3:45)
8. "Luv Lies" (4:26)
9. "Outta Your Head" (3:22)
10. "Drop Dead Georgeous" (3:42)
11. "Light Inside" (3:34)
12. "Avant Garden" (4:53)
13. "Face" (3:02)
14. "Under My Skin" [hidden at the end of track 13] (1:01)

First of all, I have to thank Rock this Way.com for alerting me to the fact that Best Buy stores had a special edition of this disc with the added bonus track "Faces." I normally do not buy music there, but this time I was there at opening on March 5 to grab my copy of the new Aero-platter. Before I even opened the shrink wrap, I already liked the cover to the disc. The cover has a very 80's feel, however the music contained within is not. "Just Push Play" is a actually a balance of vintage hard rocking Aerosmith and some more contemporary stylings. There are a few surprises as well, like the two songs ("Just Push Play" & "Outta Your Head") with hip-hop beats and scratching ala the Red Hot Chili Peppers. "Outta Your Head" even has Steven Tyler rapping. YIKES! Well, those two songs aside, there is plenty of infectious rock and roll on this disc like the first single "Jaded," and the hard rocking "Trip Hoppin'." Perhaps my favorite track, and also one of the heaviest, is album opener "Beyond Beautiful." This particular song is drenched in old school hard rock hooks yet the song retains a very modern vibe. Joe Perry once again does some lead vocals on this album on "Drop Dead Gorgeous." "Sunshine" has a very psychedelic feel. All of this is wrapped up beautifully with album closer "Face" which is a bluesy, acoustic number. There is also a hidden track at end of track thirteen after about a minute of silence. Overall, another stellar effort from the Bad Boys from Boston.

There is also a Japanese special edition digi with 2-discs and bonus tracks.
BONUS TRACKS
13. "Won't Let You Down" (3:02)
14. "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" (4:58)
DISC TWO
1. "Just Push Play" [Radio Remix] (3:17)
2. "Same Old Song & Dance" [live] (5:14)
3. "Draw the Line" [live] (4:32)
4. "Chip Away At the Stone" [live] (4:24)
5. "Big Ten Inch Record" [live] (3:59)
6. "Lord of the Thighs" [live] (7:14)

The Japanese 2 disc version of "Just Push Play" is wrapped in a deluxe digi-pak and contains three booklets. The track listing for disc one is slightly different than the American version. "Won't Let You Down" was released in Europe as a b-side on the "Jaded" pre-release single. In the U.S. it has never been released. Also included is "I Don't Want to Miss A Thing" which was also included on some import versions of "Nine Lives." The US bonus track, "Face" was not included on this disc. The version of Just Push Play is also the uncensored version (F***in-A is never mixed out).

Disc Two contains a meaty remix of the title track. I personally prefer this version to the original. "Same Old Song & Dance", "Chip Away At the Stone" and "Draw the Line" were recorded live at the 1978 California Jam 2. These three tracks were originally released on the California Jam compilation record, that has yet to be officially released on CD. "Big Ten Inch Record" and "Lord of the Thighs" were recorded live at the 1978 Texxas Jam. Also includes 20-page color booklet with photos, set list, tour schedule and discography. (Thank you SSgt Sanford)

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:09 pm

Aerosmith was falling into a rut with me by this album. I'd get all excited about a new album, leading up to day of release, listen to it right away over & over, then get bored and move along. Haven't played this one in awhile.

This newer, slick radio-hit, money making Aero-corporation just lost me. I can't fault the members for falling into that formula and running with it. They got a huge 2nd chance in their career and they weren't about to blow it this time with drugs, alcohol and bad decisions. But it just wasn't the same for me.

Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 2:12 pm

Not a bad album aside from the record scratching and rapping, I must admit when I heard Jaded on the radio I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 5:08 pm

This is my least favorite Aerosmith album. At this point Aerosmith had worked the formula into the ground, and while the songs are not bad I wanted them to go back to their roots. Throw out the outside songwriters, get ready of the so called superstar producer and go to boneyard and play dirty hard American metal like they did in the old days. Of course I was being unrealistic, they had to earn their 30 million dollar bonus given to them by the Columbia.

The songs are not bad 'Jaded' stands out as does the title track, the rest of the album flows nicely but somewhat forgettable, which is an amazing thing to say about an Aerosmith record. I am going to spin it tonight and give it another chance.

The good news is I do sort of get my wish with the next Aerosmith studio album, with the band going back to their roots but the is another album away.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 01, 2009 10:36 pm

pass

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:14 am

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 57ce81b0c8a05ddb75359110.L
Aerosmith - Young Lust: the Aerosmith Anthology (Geffen) 2001

DISC ONE
1. "Let the Music Do the Talking" (3:45)
2. "My Fist Your Face" ( 4:21)
3. "Shame on You" (3:20)
4. "Heart's Done Time" (4:41)
5. "Rag Doll" (4:24)
6. "Dude (Looks Like a Lady)" (4:23)
7. "Angel" (5:06)
8. "Hangman Jury" (5:33)
9. "Permanent Vacation" (4:48)
10. "Young Lust" (4:19)
11. "The Other Side" (4:06)
12. "What It Takes" (5:10)
13. "Monkey on My Back" (3:57)
14. "Love in an Elevator" (5:21)
15. "Janie's Got a Gun" (5:27)
16. "Ain't Enough" (4:57)
17. "Walk This Way" [ Run-D.M.C. & Aerosmith] (5:11)

DISC TWO
18. "Eat the Rich" (4:32)
19. "Love Me Two Times" (3:15)
20. "Head First" (4:42)
21. "Livin' on the Edge" [Acoustic Version] (5:37)
22. "Don't Stop" (4:02)
23. "Can't Stop Messin'" (4:34)
24. "Amazing" [Orchestral Version] (5:34)
25. "Cryin" (5:08)
26. "Crazy" (5:16)
27. "Shut Up and Dance" (4:50)
28. "Deuces Are Wild" (3:32)
29. "Walk on Water" (4:53)
30. "Blind Man" (3:57)
31. "Falling in Love (Is Hard on the Knees)" [live] (3:25)
32. "Dream On" [live] (4:53)
33. "Hole in My Soul" [live] (5:37)
34. "Sweet Emotion" [live] (5:52)

Yet another Aerosmith collection. This one is actually an anthology of the Geffen years in which Aerosmith went from a burned out band of the 70's to a super group of the 80's and 90's. The tracks contained make "Big Ones" utterly worthless as all the rarity tracks from that CD are now included here, with a host of other lesser known Aerosmith nuggets. So, "Young Lust" looks beyond the hits, although plenty of those are included as well, and offers a few B-sides, and cuts only available on compilations. The inclusion of the Doors' "Love Me Two Times" was a surprising entry, albeit a welcome one. It's about time Geffen included the classic "Let the Music Do the Talking" on an Aerosmith collection. I still think this is one of the bands' finest songs. So the rarities mixed with the strength of the hits makes this a superb collection and anthology of Aerosmith's 'comeback' years. I sort of wish Geffen would have released a box set with even more rarities since there were so many from this time period. I really thing they could have filled up a good three or four discs. There is enough excellent live material from this era of the band that could of filled up one disc alone. As it stands, the live tracks included here are all from "Little South of Sanity."

Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:40 am

I've almost gotten this a few times

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 8:45 am

A good comp. and I was glad they included their version of The Doors 'Love Me Times'. It sounds more like an Aerosmith song than a cover tune, a classic American rock band covering another classic American rock band.

I was surprised at some of the choices such as ' Hangman Jury' and 'Monkey on My Back' since this where not songs burning the airwaves back when they were originally released.

Overall not a bad comp and one I listen to on occassion.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:42 am

James B. wrote:
I've almost gotten this a few times

Same here. Picked it up, thought about it, then put it down. I think my brother has this, so I could always make a cdr if I really, really wanted to.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37658

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:45 am

If I can go back to JUST PUSH PLAY for a minute... does anyone know if the cover art for that album was done by the same guy who did Autograph's THAT'S THE STUFF? The similarities are astounding...

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Album_Autograph-Thats-the-Stuff

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Aerosmith_-_Just_Push_Play-front

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:49 am

Yep, same guy.

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Autograph
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2009 9:59 am

Yes, he's a Japanese artist, Hajime Sorayama. I have a whole book of his work. Along with robot women, he does super-realistic pin-up art.

AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 D236828fd7a00a95ca571110.L._SL500_AA240_

PostSubject: Re: AEROSMITH - discography (& related)   AEROSMITH - discography (& related) - Page 9 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

AEROSMITH - discography (& related)
Page 9 of 13Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next