Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows

Go down 
+6
Dave the Boss
Metallic Blaze
Rex
powermacho
kmorg
MetalChaz
10 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Empty
PostSubject: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:00 am

Release Date set for November 10th........I hope that you will all enjoy!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:18 pm

Well, send me a copy, and I'll let you know! JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Lol

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:20 pm

Is this indie or on a label?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:38 pm

Retroactive Records, I believe.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 12:46 pm

yes retroactive is re-releasing ther latest album, and they are also going to release their newest album. So is going to be a double attack of metal one after the other JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Headbang
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm

Last I heard from Matt and Chaz, was that Retroactive was NOT re-releasing the last album. But they are releasing the new album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 6:44 pm

You can get the last album at CDBaby!!!

Looking forward to this new one!

Jacob's Dream is one of the best bands going in Christian metal today!
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 7:54 pm

Alright! Looking forward to it. Retroactive is definitely gonna put out some killer stuff soon.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Sep 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Thanx guys! I believe that Retro is now taking Pre-orders....hint hint Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 12:22 pm

Glad retro is doing this. What happened to them rereleasing the last one?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 9:21 am

My copy arrived in the mail last night. Listening to it as I type this.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:39 pm

What's the verdict Ult? You like it?
Back to top Go down
Garyah
Metal novice
Metal novice
Garyah

Number of posts : 27

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 4:53 pm

I contacted Matt because I preordered BTS and had not received it. He said he sent another one and apologized. I LOVED DOD and am expecting something great with BTS. Also Saint's new on Retro "CSE" 1990 is available for preorder and Hell Blade is at the plant. Great stuff coming!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/garyah1962
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 8:51 am

So, who has this and what do you think? Opinions? Reviews?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:27 am

This band lost me with Drama of the ages.
Haven`t been paying much attention since then, but i have seen some reviews online saying this one is a little better than their last two...
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 10:36 am

Olafsto wrote:
This band lost me with Drama of the ages.
Haven`t been paying much attention since then, but i have seen some reviews online saying this one is a little better than their last two...

That is my opinion for sure. The production is still far from good. But if it had been, this might just be my favorite JD album. The songs are really that good.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Garyah

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 4:03 pm

BTS is awesome! I would say just as good as DOD!! Two incredible releases!
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: re   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:37 pm

Awsome guys thanks. About the production thing....All I can tell you is that when I first joined the band they had already written "Drama Of The Ages" (accept for Spinning Leaf) and they had scratch tracks of John Berry singing all the songs. My job was to just come in and mimick those tracks for the most part. The guys had built thier own studio after "Theater of War" .

With DOTA we recorded the album in our own studio but it was mixed by the same guy that did the first ST album so we expected the production to at least match the first album. It actually sounded more powerfull to my ears BEFORE we sent it off to another guy to master it. As dissapointing as it was we were stuck with a deadline.

With "Domonion Of Darkness" we all vowed to make the next one more powerfull. In the end we did manage to make it more beefy but other issues came about. Also keep in mind that this was the very first album that the guys had ever fully mixed themselves. Its really only 2 guys that do the production. The rest of us just show up and perform. I told the guys at the time that I didnt like the way that the vocals were mixed on DOD but my opinion was overlooked. Now that its to late the guy finally agrees with me.

With the new one we really tried hard to improve the production as much as we could. It is really difficult as an artist to work so hard and to believe in something so much and to sit back and see people saying things like "well if the production wasnt terrible this might have been a great album".. The point is we have our own studio and we are doing the best we can with what we have as far as I know. Unless somone wants to give us about 30,000 dollars and we can go to Florida or something. lol I felt pretty good about the production on "Beneath The Shadows". I guess there will always be those who will say its not enough.

The crazy thing is when I listen to the first 2 albums (especially TOW) I dont hear where they are produced so much better than say BTS. I dont know maybe Im missing something. We will keep trying to improve on it each and every album as we go forward.
Back to top Go down
Garyah
Metal novice
Metal novice
Garyah

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:45 pm

Yes, both discs are chunky and heavy!! I have yet to go through the story and the lyrics of BTS. but I love both releases! Great job! I took both to a friend's house, and he liked both too.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:47 pm

Some people make way too big of a deal about production. I look at the music and can see through production issues usually.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:51 am

I grew up during the 80's, and was listening to demo bands all the time. So I'm not all that worried about production. And if you read my comment again, you'll see that I really like the album. But I do feel that even better production would improve it even more.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
I grew up during the 80's, and was listening to demo bands all the time. So I'm not all that worried about production. And if you read my comment again, you'll see that I really like the album. But I do feel that even better production would improve it even more.

Same here. I used to order demos all the time back when I was a kid. So I guess that is why I can see through any production flaws and still really like something that might suffer from a poor production.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 3:49 pm

There is just too much well written, performed and produced music out there, to bother with bands/albums that are poorly produced, and/or written and performed....
Unless of course you are supporting the band for some reason, witch is cool.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 9:49 pm

ultmetal wrote:
So, who has this and what do you think? Opinions? Reviews?

I liked it. My first exposure to Jacob's Dream but I thought it was very good. I did write a full review.... over at the White Throne Blog....

Priest/Ryche/ASaint/ excellent stuff.....

headbanger
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows   JACOBS DREAM - Beneath the Shadows Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1