Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Jacobs Dream album

Go down 
+9
Olafsto
powermacho
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
nevermore
Stender
Rex
Fat Freddy
kmorg
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New Jacobs Dream album Empty
PostSubject: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:25 pm

I didn't even know it was out, and here CDbaby are telling me it's sold out????

you can check out clips from "Dominion Of Darkness" here.

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:28 pm

Their Myspace has this as a bulletin: (and I didn't mess with the font. They want it that big.)

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HOW TO ORDER NEW CD

CD ORDER INFO: EMAIL US AT JACOBSDREAMUSA@HOTMAIL.COM
$12.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING
WE ACCEPT CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS AND PAYPAL
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:34 pm

Ah, that's probably why I couldn't order it from CDBaby........ THE FONT MADE ME BLIND!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:38 pm

MySpace/CDBaby...... I got it now.....

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37625

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:45 pm

I guess Metal Blade dropped these guys then huh? Too bad. I thought the self titled album was great. Not so nuts about the second one though. Drama of the Ages was just OK.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 3:48 pm

I'm waiting to hear people talk about if its muddy sounding or not. The last one was great, but the muddy sound of it drags it through the water IMO and makes it hard for me to listen too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:37 pm

Who's doing the singing on this one ?
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeThu Apr 24, 2008 6:49 pm

I only listened to the first two tracks but it seemed pretty solid, production does sound a little muddy but not to bad....
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:44 pm

I didn't even know this was available.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:00 pm

IronAge wrote:
Who's doing the singing on this one ?

Chaz Bond. Same guy that sang on the last one.

Fat Freddy wrote:
I guess Metal Blade dropped these guys then huh? Too bad. I thought the self titled album was great. Not so nuts about the second one though. Drama of the Ages was just OK.

Yes, Metal Blade dropped them soon after their last album came out. I remember reading that somewhere. Metal Blade probably wasn't a good label for them anyhow. They didn't really support Jacob's Dream much.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:03 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Yes, Metal Blade dropped them soon after their last album came out. I remember reading that somewhere. Metal Blade probably wasn't a good label for them anyhow. They didn't really support Jacob's Dream much.

When power metal was "cool" again in the late 90s/early 00s it seemed like Metal Blade was putting out CDs by any band they could get their hands on. Now that the trend is over, I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:55 pm

I kinda lost interest in these guys after their last one, Drama of Ages. That cd is a good example of too much filler. The entire cd is something like 76 minutes, packed to the gills. They should have cut it down to fewer tracks. It gets boring. I put it on, it fades into the background, then after an hour I say to myself "Is this still going?"

I'd have to be blown away by what I heard on the new one before I bought it. Too much other new music to be purchased as far as I'm concerned.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 11:32 pm

I like Jacob's dream 3 albums . They haven't changed to Pop Power metal, and that shows that the band is doing it for the love of music. So I don't worry about the direction they went in this album, I know this will be as good as drama of ages
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 3:03 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I'm waiting to hear people talk about if its muddy sounding or not. The last one was great, but the muddy sound of it drags it through the water IMO and makes it hard for me to listen too.

My thoughts exactly..
I have it, but never listen to it because of the terrible production..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 7:34 am

The production on Drama never was an issue w/me, but like MetalGuy said it's packed full of filler. The songs never grew on me, while listening to it I too was like, is this still on?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeSun Apr 27, 2008 8:03 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I kinda lost interest in these guys after their last one, Drama of Ages. That cd is a good example of too much filler. The entire cd is something like 76 minutes, packed to the gills. They should have cut it down to fewer tracks. It gets boring. I put it on, it fades into the background, then after an hour I say to myself "Is this still going?"

Same with me. By the three quarter mark of DRAMA OF THE AGES I'm thinking, "shouldn't this have ended, like, three songs ago?"

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Mon Apr 28, 2008 9:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 1:15 pm

I need to get a copy of this CD to review.

For those who are interested:
Tuesday, April 15, 2008

HOW TO ORDER NEW CD

CD ORDER INFO: EMAIL US AT JACOBSDREAMUSA@HOTMAIL.COM

$12.00 PLUS SHIPPING AND HANDLING

WE ACCEPT CHECKS, MONEY ORDERS AND PAYPAL

Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 665

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:09 pm

Those of you that thought Drama was to long might want to avoid this one. I just got it today and it's 77:40 long. On first listen I like Drama a little better, but then again I really liked that album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 9:44 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Those of you that thought Drama was to long might want to avoid this one. I just got it today and it's 77:40 long. On first listen I like Drama a little better, but then again I really liked that album.

77:40?? Good grief.

When are bands gonna learn, that just because you CAN fit almost 80 minutes of material onto a CD, it doesn't mean they HAVE TO!!

But seriously folks... listening to the samples on CDBaby's site right now... sounds OK, dunno if I'd pick this one up right away, but if it turns up in their $5 deal bin a few months down the road I might give it a shot.

Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2008 10:03 pm

Well I listened to the clips on myspace, sounds pretty darn good! I may have to give DOTA another day in court, that one reminds me a bit of Evergrey, may take some time "to get it."
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 1:29 am

The production on the last one was a little muddy, but I still liked it (not as much as the first two). Looking forward to getting this one soon.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 8:18 am

Ok, listened to DOTA again last night, I get the production issues now, at times the guitars sound as though they're muzzled. Some of the songs are pretty good, but I don't think I'm ever going to "get" this one. I think the new one is going to prove to be far better.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 9:57 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
7thSecond wrote:

77:40?? Good grief.

When are bands gonna learn, that just because you CAN fit almost 80 minutes of material onto a CD, it doesn't mean they HAVE TO!!

But seriously folks... listening to the samples on CDBaby's site right now... sounds OK, dunno if I'd pick this one up right away, but if it turns up in their $5 deal bin a few months down the road I might give it a shot.

Agreed!!
I think the LP days were better. Not so many filler songs.
I`m also getting tired of reissues with useless bonus tracks you listen to only once..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 12:25 pm

DOTA is not one I listen to all the way through but there are some really good songs on there. This new one sounds a lot like they kept in the same vein by he samples I heard.
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2008 5:08 pm

Samples taste quite bland for me, I'll pass.
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Jacobs Dream album   New Jacobs Dream album Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Jacobs Dream album
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: