Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"

Go down 
+7
biddle
powermacho
Cliffy
kmorg
ZetaReticuli
Metallic Blaze
MetalChaz
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Empty
PostSubject: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 1:46 pm

www.retroactiverecords.net For those who pre order now you will recieve a Free JD poster. Also you will recieve the new album BEFORE the release date of November 10th. I want to thank you all in advance for all your support! In addition Retroactive Records is also taking Pre-Orders for some New Killer JD "Beneath The Shadows T-Shirts and Hoodies!

Also check out the Jacobs Dream Myspace.
www.myspace.com/jacobsdream Our page is now undergoing some huge updates! If you havent sent a friend request to us send one now and be a part of the Dream.Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 08, 2009 7:59 pm

I plan on buying this when it comes out!

I don't do preorders though.

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 1:19 pm

I'm the same. I've had preorders never show up so now I wait until the actual release.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 5:28 pm

I am really looking forward to this new album though!

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Headbang
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:24 pm

I miss that old singer they had. After that, they were never the same.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 8:25 pm

ZetaReticuli wrote:
I miss that old singer they had. After that, they were never the same.

I like both eras of the band.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeFri Oct 09, 2009 11:30 pm

Thanx Metallic:) Thats my favorite answer. I prefer people to embrace both eras rather than choose one or the other. I say the same thing to new fans who dont care for the old stuff.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:55 am

Ordered!

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 12:37 pm

MetalChaz wrote:
Thanx Metallic:) Thats my favorite answer. I prefer people to embrace both eras rather than choose one or the other. I say the same thing to new fans who dont care for the old stuff.

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Halford
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

Number of posts : 415

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 9:36 pm

There's a track from the new album on the label's Myspace music player. Do you guys like it?

I have to say I don't dig it myself at all...the recording, the mastering, the vocals, the songwriting, the tones...all sound bad to me. Is this the way they've always sounded and are they popular?

MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:07 pm

Wow thats harsh dude lol Hey, just like EVERY other band in the WORLD we are not for everyone. You will never find a band that is liked by everyone. Soooo...on that note I am proud of who we are and I am proud of how I sing I worked very hard at it for many years. Not sure why they picked "All My Fears" as the track on the site. In my opinion it might be my least favorite on the entire album.. I actually feel that this is by far the best JD album since the fist one and I guess that you either get it or you dont....The point is I like my steak one way and you like yours another but that doesnt mean that my steak sucks. Its all a matter of TASTE....Period...So on that note....You arent a fan thats cool no problem...as long as we have plenty of fans who love what we do I will keep singing my heart out!Smile
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSat Oct 10, 2009 10:16 pm

I like the song from the new album!!! It rocks!

No offense, but I like Jacob's Dream WAY better than Mainline Riders. But again, I'm not a big AC/DC fan, but I love power metal!

It's all taste though.

More power to ya Chaz! I like the way you sing! Keep doing what you do best!

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" 877540
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:30 am

HEY GUYS WHY DONT YOU DO A DOUBLE PACK DEAL FOR THE LAST 2 ALBUMS BENEATH THE SHADOWS AND DOMINON OF DARKNESS?

Just another question, is it right that Dominion of darkness is going to be re-recorded and released by retroactive?
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 1:43 am

Cliffy wrote:
There's a track from the new album on the label's Myspace music player. Do you guys like it?

I have to say I don't dig it myself at all...the recording, the mastering, the vocals, the songwriting, the tones...all sound bad to me. Is this the way they've always sounded and are they popular?
I have been a JACOB'S DREAM FAN FOR YEARS. I recomend you to check out their entire discography.
About their latest 2 albums "BENEATH THE SHADOWS" AND "DOMINON OF DARKNESS" I have heard songs from Dominon on their myspace and they sound very heavy, and promising.I am waiting for retroactive to release it to get my hands on it.
And from their latest ALBUM "BENEATH THE SHADOWS" I saw the new video, and they music sounded a bit doom, so I don't know what to expect from this album, but after hearing two songs on myspace and one video it seems to be less heavy than DOMINION, but sound good to my ears.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 12:24 pm

powermacho wrote:
HEY GUYS WHY DONT YOU DO A DOUBLE PACK DEAL FOR THE LAST 2 ALBUMS BENEATH THE SHADOWS AND DOMINON OF DARKNESS?

Just another question, is it right that Dominion of darkness is going to be re-recorded and released by retroactive?

What u r suggesting would be cool but Im not sure that it will ever happen. The guys seem to want to keep DOD as an independant and seem to have no desire to give up all the rights to a label. I would personally like to see our label re release it as well but....I am just one vote out of 5...

As far as re recording it no....but as for re mixing it I am really pushing for it. But even if this does happen it will still be released through the band. And by the way....you can easily get DOD on www.cdbaby.com
Back to top Go down
Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:40 pm

MetalChaz wrote:
Wow thats harsh dude lol Hey, just like EVERY other band in the WORLD we are not for everyone. You will never find a band that is liked by everyone. Soooo...on that note I am proud of who we are and I am proud of how I sing I worked very hard at it for many years. Not sure why they picked "All My Fears" as the track on the site. In my opinion it might be my least favorite on the entire album.. I actually feel that this is by far the best JD album since the fist one and I guess that you either get it or you dont....The point is I like my steak one way and you like yours another but that doesnt mean that my steak sucks. Its all a matter of TASTE....Period...So on that note....You arent a fan thats cool no problem...as long as we have plenty of fans who love what we do I will keep singing my heart out!Smile

Oh wow...you post here...coolness. Well, it's the same thing I don't like about that band Hero that's on the label...I'm a huge metal fan...the more classic sounding the more I like it. I guess I don't dig baritone vocal type stuff.

As far as the recording/mastering stuff...I dunno, dude...to my ears it all sounds so mushy...like, not clear enough or something. I dunno, it just sounds weird to me. That may be a purposeful aesthetic that I just don't get.

I wasn't meaning to leave harsh comments at all, man...humble apologies for not choosing my words more wisely.

later...Cliffy

Cliffy
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeSun Oct 11, 2009 10:41 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
No offense, but I like Jacob's Dream WAY better than Mainline Riders.

Not offended in the least.

powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 2:44 am

MetalChaz wrote:
powermacho wrote:

What u r suggesting would be cool but Im not sure that it will ever happen. The guys seem to want to keep DOD as an independant and seem to have no desire to give up all the rights to a label. I would personally like to see our label re release it as well but....I am just one vote out of 5...

As far as re recording it no....but as for re mixing it I am really pushing for it. But even if this does happen it will still be released through the band. And by the way....you can easily get DOD on www.cdbaby.com
Really? I was so sure that it was going to come out along with your newest album around the same time, just like SAINT is doing it. Then I will get my DOD very soon. Do you guys sell directly?
Back to top Go down
biddle
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
biddle

Number of posts : 337

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 8:58 am

I listened to the MySpace song. The recording does sound very muddy and the vocals are very echo-ey, but sometimes it's hard to tell from MySpace. I'd have to hear the CD.

Who mastered this? Cliffy, I thought you mastered all Retroactive records releases???
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 9:33 am

Cliffy masters much of the Retro catalog, but not all of it.

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Cliffy

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 10:17 am

biddle wrote:
I listened to the MySpace song. The recording does sound very muddy and the vocals are very echo-ey, but sometimes it's hard to tell from MySpace. I'd have to hear the CD.

Who mastered this? Cliffy, I thought you mastered all Retroactive records releases???

Yeah, I've been doing much of the Retroactive stuff for the last little bit. If a band already has it worked out then Matt doesn't try to push 'em. He's really into bands having a say in what they're doing. Jacobs Dream has been around the block for a long time so they know a thing or two about what they want.

I feel like a putz, because I didn't realize that MetalChaz was in the band and here I am insulting him and them unintentionally.

I was merely attempting to get feedback on whether or not this was gonna do well for the label. Obviously, I need to handle this kind of thing in a classier manner in the future.

later...Cliffy

kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeMon Oct 12, 2009 12:57 pm

I've owed all the Jacobs Dream discs at one time or another but ended up trading them away. There was always something missing to me. Anyways, the tracks I've heard off of the new disc sound pretty good. It seems that Chaz is singing more within his register than the previous material (haven't heard DOD). Looking forward to this release.

Here is a music video off of the new one:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=62797303
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeWed Oct 14, 2009 8:15 pm

I like DOD even though I feel it could use some production work. The new stuff sounds great.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 12:42 am

I agree with The Naz. DOD is an album that I am pretty proud of but there were production issues that prevented that album from recieving the attention that it diserves. Also the fact that it was an Indie release didnt help much. I am beside myself with how many die hard JD fans didnt even know it existed much less not owning a copy. Its just crazy. Thats why I talked the guys into going with Retro on the new one.

The fact is guys JD used money that they recieved from Metal Blade records to build thier own studio as to not have to spend 50 or more an hour every time you go into record a new album. So the last 3 albums "Drama Of The Ages" "Dominion Of Darkness" and "Beneath The Shadows" have all been recorded in our own studio and with that comes the burden of trial and error. On Drama we thought the next album needed to sound more powerfull so on DOD we achieved that but it was left in my opinion "less pollished" than it should have been.. So on this one we tried really hard to make the best production we possably could and I felt that we did a pretty good job this time but I guess there will always be somone who doesnt think so. Anyways I guess at the end of the day it might all be worth saving thousands of dollars. No matter what we are always trying to figure out how to improve production on every album. This is why we are considering re mixing DOD.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitimeThu Oct 15, 2009 1:56 am

this is the direct link of the pre-orders. I'll make mine
http://www.bombworksrecords.com/cdInfo-retro.php?cd_id=5091
Just wandering how the shirt will look like
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"   Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pre-Order Jacobs Dream "Beneath The Shadows"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: