Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany

Go down 
+3
kmorg
tohostudios
MetalChaz
7 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

Number of posts : 96

JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Empty
PostSubject: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 pm

The shows were FANtastic! I have never seen such true dedication as I did in Germany. Oh yeah and these fans REFUSE to NOT pay for your CDs. We sold out of our "Dominion Of Darkness" CDs in less than an hour and people were still trying to buy them after they were gone. It was so different than here in America where people only want what they can have for free.

Also the response to the new material was huge in Germany. That makes us feel good about the release. We are hoping that the album will be released some time next month but so far we havent seen the art work which is now all we are waiting for before it goes to manufacturing.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/chazbond
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 8:36 pm

Quote :
Oh yeah and these fans REFUSE to NOT pay for your CDs. We sold out of our "Dominion Of Darkness" CDs in less than an hour and people were still trying to buy them after they were gone. It was so different than here in America where people only want what they can have for free.

That is both great and sad at the same time. America is such a lazy society these days; all about entitlement.

Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeTue Jul 28, 2009 11:05 pm

Yeah the sad truth is that even though we have an American following I am certian that probably half of them have never actually bought our CDs. This is in the process of killing the cene and eventually will alltogether if changes are not made.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 6:39 am

So were you playing Wacken?

Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 8:42 am

No we played Head Bangers Open Air.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:56 am

Cool. Another great festival.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:59 am

wow, one of my friends went there, I'll ask him what he thought about your band.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25801

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 12:43 pm

MetalChaz wrote:
The shows were FANtastic! I have never seen such true dedication as I did in Germany. Oh yeah and these fans REFUSE to NOT pay for your CDs. We sold out of our "Dominion Of Darkness" CDs in less than an hour and people were still trying to buy them after they were gone. It was so different than here in America where people only want what they can have for free.

Also the response to the new material was huge in Germany. That makes us feel good about the release. We are hoping that the album will be released some time next month but so far we havent seen the art work which is now all we are waiting for before it goes to manufacturing.

That's awesome!
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 10:54 pm

Since we are on the subject of Jacobs Dream live, what songs were in your set list for the shows in Germany? Any different than your American shows?
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeWed Jul 29, 2009 11:50 pm

Hmm....I think it was somethin like this...

first night

1. AT THE GATES

2. FANAMBULISM

3. SCAPEGOAT

4. STAIN (NEW)

5. BENEATH THE SHADOWS (NEW)

6. HAND FULL OF DUST (NEW)

7. FOREVER WINTER

8. DECIEVER OF THE NATIONS

9. THEATER OF WAR

10. CURSE OF ANTIKYTHERA

second night

1. DRAMA OF THE AGES

2. CANT BREAK

3. CURSE OF ANTIKYTHERA

4. KINESCOPE

5. THE BLESSING AND THE CURSE (NEW)

6. KEEPER OF THE CROWN

7. TRACES OF GRACE

8. THEATER OF WAR

we were supposed to play THE BLEEDING TREE but ran out of time.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1773

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 1:18 pm

kinescope is a great song, one of my faves
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 816

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 5:22 pm

Wow, that is great that you guys played two different sets. You do not hear of that too often.

I do have another question, is it weird singing the older David Taylor songs, or is it natural feeling even if you did not pen the words? I hope to see some footage of you singing stuff like Theatre Of War and Fanabulism sometime to see how you interpret them with your style as opposed to how David did them. Hint, hint Razz .
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 8:28 pm

It actually isnt all that difficult if you understand how a chior works. Bassicilly I take what he sings and I sing the exact same notes but in another key. Much like when a guy plays a song on guitar and another guy plays the same song but his guitar is tuned a little lower. I actually enjoy the older material as i was a fan of the band before joining. I have actually only seen 2 bootleg versions of me singing the old stuff. One is Funambulism in Puerto Rico and the other was Scapegoat in Ohio. Both were pretty bad quality so I dont think I would want them to represent me lol
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:43 pm

Allright well this isnt the best example but its the closest I could find. Very bad quality but its all me gots.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwO1VEYhH4I
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

Number of posts : 454

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeThu Jul 30, 2009 11:47 pm

I've always been a fan of Jacobs Dream. It's a shame you guys are not more well known. I'm listening to Drama of the Ages right now...it's great.

Hey Chaz, I was just curious... what is your warm-up routine like?
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 1:39 am

lol well......I take a sip of water, clear my throat, occasionally I brief an intermediate note and off I go. lol
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 7:50 am

lol. sounds good.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:01 am

Thanks Im glad that u like the Drama record. Do u have Dominion Of Darkness?
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 11:09 am

Actually, no. I haven't gotten that yet, but I will soon. It's been a while since I actually checked out what the band was up to.
Back to top Go down
MetalChaz
Metal novice
Metal novice
MetalChaz

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 12:58 am

Well we have a new one commin out next month or so.
Back to top Go down
ZetaReticuli
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ZetaReticuli

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 8:49 am

Sounds good, I'll check that out.
You know, my only problem with Drama of the Ages is the production sounds a bit too muddy and "clouded".. I hope, the new one won't sound like that.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitimeSat Aug 01, 2009 9:27 am

MetalChaz wrote:
Well we have a new one commin out next month or so.

Excellent! Keep us updated!

PostSubject: Re: JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany   JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

JACOBS DREAM Returns from Germany
Page 1 of 1