Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dont join my facebook!

Go down 
+9
Metallic Blaze
jstate
Spyder Jonez
James B.
GrandNational
tohostudios
manny
Metal Misfit
Stender
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Dont join my facebook! Empty
PostSubject: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:37 am

Hey dudes, I started a facebook last night, and it got hacked so had to close it. I think I got it taken care of in time, but just wanted to let you know in case you were wondering why I "befriended" you and then closed my account.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:42 am

Mine got hacked a few days ago. Then FB disabled it because they said I was a "security risk". Sad
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 am

How the hell does that happen? So Metal Misfit you are no longer on FB? I am sure I will be thrown off soon, since all my friends and I have turned FB into our personal video jukebox.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:44 am

This is why I refuse to join Facebook. I hear these stories all the time.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 11:52 am

manny wrote:
How the hell does that happen? So Metal Misfit you are no longer on FB?

Not right now. I'm assuming "disabled" does not mean "deleted". I'm trying to get in touch with their support team to figure things out but they haven't responded yet. The only thing I got from them was an initial email saying my account had been disabled.

I usually don't log off when I'm there, I just move on to the next URL, so I'm guessing that's how it happened? I don't know. I only get online at home and I don't have any enemies that would try to break into my account. Dont join my facebook! Icon_lol

I went back to the page one night and saw there was a weird thing about me liking someone's status someone I had never heard of and it read like jibberish to me anyway. It also including some phrasing from one of my recent status updates. Then down on that chat thing, I saw there was like 3 or 4 boxes open where whoever hacked was impersonating me and was trying to converse with whoever was online.

I'm not even sure how FB found out, I didn't report it but I changed my password, deleted that "liking" and updated my status saying my page had been hacked. Maybe one of my own friends turned me in. Dont join my facebook! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:41 pm

Ya, I was wondering when I got the e-mail that you had sent a friend request Stender as to what happened when I logged in and saw you weren't there. This clears it up for me.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:46 pm

GrandNational wrote:
Ya, I was wondering when I got the e-mail that you had sent a friend request Stender as to what happened when I logged in and saw you weren't there. This clears it up for me.

Yeah sorry bro, I sent quite a few requests to bunch of you guys. Hopefully the person didnt get ahold of your email addys or anything. I may start over with a new one later.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12622

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 12:52 pm

When I put my face in a book, it doesn't involve an online site.

Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 35

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 2:00 pm

What is a facebook? Is it a book shaped like a face? Is it a book about faces? Does it have a face on the cover? If there's a facebook is there also a skullbook? A footbook? Neckbook? Neck, shoulders knees and toes?

Ahh, it is to wonder....
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:46 pm

I always thought it came from the "facebook" they used to give out when starting college with everyones picture in it. We used to call it the menu too.

I love Manny's music posts (the Snoop Dogg one being the exception - rap doesn't exist beyond 1992 for me). If it wasn't for friends posting music selections I probably would have abandoned FB long ago.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 5:50 pm

I like Facebook.

I joined up just a few weeks ago actually.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 7:32 pm

jstate wrote:
I always thought it came from the "facebook" they used to give out when starting college with everyones picture in it. We used to call it the menu too.

I love Manny's music posts (the Snoop Dogg one being the exception - rap doesn't exist beyond 1992 for me). If it wasn't for friends posting music selections I probably would have abandoned FB long ago.

Ya, that was a surprise post, but it brought back a lot of teenage memories for me and it reminded me of all my friends who were so into it at the time.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:04 pm

I probably need to add my friends here to my Facebook sometime soon here.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Until Facebook improves their security, count me out.

I see way too many horror stories much worse than Stender's about people hacking in to Facebook accounts.

I consider a Facebook account much too high of a risk.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:07 pm

Just don't post anything of utmost importance there.

I've not ran into one problem yet.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:11 pm

And you've been there all of several weeks.

No thanks. Pass.

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:29 pm

Stender wrote:
Hey dudes, I started a facebook last night, and it got hacked so had to close it. I think I got it taken care of in time, but just wanted to let you know in case you were wondering why I "befriended" you and then closed my account.

Serves you right for even touching that crap. Dont join my facebook! Icon_smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:40 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
Just don't post anything of utmost importance there.

I've not ran into one problem yet.

My moms friend had someone hack her account posing as my moms friend sending out requests to her facebook friends and family for money. I guess her cousin on the east coast sent like a couple grand to the paypal address the hacker designated and got off scott free.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:41 pm

DeathCult wrote:
Stender wrote:

Serves you right for even touching that crap. Dont join my facebook! Icon_smile

I know right? What was I thinking...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Precisely why I will have nothing to do with Facebook.

Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:42 pm

Should I close my account? Now I'm worried.

Dont join my facebook! Icon_eek
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:46 pm

I have had FB for a couple of years and never had my account hacked into, of course I only post videos on their and never talk about my 'mood' or anything personal.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:51 pm

manny wrote:
I have had FB for a couple of years and never had my account hacked into, of course I only post videos on their and never talk about my 'mood' or anything personal.

Manny is like Music History 101 on FB, and I love all the surprises he throws in. Always cool to see the videos he's posting.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 8:53 pm

GrandNational wrote:
manny wrote:

Manny is like Music History 101 on FB, and I love all the surprises he throws in. Always cool to see the videos he's posting.

Thanks dude, between myself, Keith (Fat Freddy) and Randy (Trog) we have turned FB into our private video jukebox, thanks for the feedback.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 13, 2010 9:32 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Until Facebook improves their security, count me out.

I see way too many horror stories much worse than Stender's about people hacking in to Facebook accounts.

I consider a Facebook account much too high of a risk.

The problem is too many people put every bit of information about themselves on there. Facebook is safe as long as you're smart about what information you put on there. Unfortuanlty, people are idiots and don't think before they make something about themselves public.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont join my facebook!   Dont join my facebook! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dont join my facebook!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next