Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Empty
PostSubject: DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality   DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:08 am

I hate being negative and I'm generally positive and encouraging when it comes to voicing opinions on bands. But I just can't get into this band. I've tried. I've listened to probably three of their latest releases and man they are so run-of-the-mill to me. Seems like they are incapable of coming up with anything original. Everything sounds like Disturbed or maybe Nickelback. This CD particularly brought out the "WTH" reaction from me. My first listen, I thought there was a few enjoyable parts and I still do I guess. But my overall reaction has been....I've heard this before. NO, I've heard this a thousand times by them and dozens of other bands. Their art gets lamer and lamer as well. My buddy is a huge Disciple fan and he of course got this the day it came out. He let me take it for a week. Sure glad he bought it...and not me! Much to my surprise he was really disappointed with it. After one listen he said he was done with it....LOL.

Like I said....just my taste and my opinion. I know I've heard these are great people and they are obviously accomplished musicians. Just not my cup of tea!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality   DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 6:11 pm

My kids like 'em and I don't hate 'em but I agree with you. By God was their last good album.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality   DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 1:30 am

I like 'em, I just can't really get into anything by them like I used to except Back Again, I even have the dove/flame as a tattoo. I turned my wife onto Disciple and now they are her fave.
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality   DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 5:15 pm

akeldama wrote:
I turned my wife onto Disciple and now they are her fave.
ZING!!! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality   DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DISCIPLE - Southern Hospitality
Page 1 of 1