Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...

Go down 
+5
DallasBlack
Dark Horseman
James B.
jettafiend
ultmetal
9 posters
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Empty
PostSubject: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:56 am

https://www.facebook.com/disciplerocks/app_178091127385

I use to enjoy this band early on. Ultimatum even did some shows with them. "What Was I Thinking?" was a very unique album.

However, in my opinion these guys have released nothing but boring, trendy garbage since "This Might Sting" (1999). The new songs posted sound like generic nu-metal garbage.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:59 am

They are one of those bands that I have heard but nothing caught my attention.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:40 am

I was turned off to this band by their using of fans at Exreme Mardi Gras. They outsold EVERY band that played in t shirts probably 4 or 5 to 1 and still had the nerve to pass a plate during the show to "help fix" the tour bus. Don't know the validity of them doing it other places alot, though I had heard stories.

Metal Wanker
Dark Horseman

Number of posts : 6039

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:15 pm

I get get into some stuff through Back Again then they lost me. I have to say, Kevin is one of the coolest guys i've met, friendly, available to talk after shows and doesn't play rock star the two times i've seen them.
Back to top Go down
jettafiend
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
jettafiend

Number of posts : 1137

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 12:42 pm

When I am in the mood for some modern rock I reach for Day of Fire every time.

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 2:21 pm

I found two of their recent album (before the last few) for $10. Only because that was a good price for 2 albums. They were good enough for what I paid for them but nothing spectacular. The only other stuff I have is By God and Back Again, again decent but nothing great (except God Of Elija, love that song). I hear the more recent stuff is more southern metal but because of my past experience with them, I haven't been in a hurry to get them.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:59 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I found two of their recent album (before the last few) for $10. Only because that was a good price for 2 albums. They were good enough for what I paid for them but nothing spectacular. The only other stuff I have is By God and Back Again, again decent but nothing great (except God Of Elija, love that song). I hear the more recent stuff is more southern metal but because of my past experience with them, I haven't been in a hurry to get them.

Did you click on the link and listen to the songs?

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:04 pm

Nah, couldn't be bothered. After past experiences, I've more or less written them off (unless I find their CDs for a few bucks and I can't find anything else-of course unemployed, that won't happen anytime soon). You're description of the new songs doesn't do anything to change my mind.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:34 pm

I havent listened to these guys in years. I was mega into them back around 2005 or so.
Back to top Go down
akeldama
Metal is Forever
akeldama

Number of posts : 7831

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 10:51 pm

They'll never top 'Back Again' IMO but I still buy everything they release even though after they changed styles with the self-titled album they are very hit and miss. I've met them many times but not since '06 and Kevin was always a kewl dude as was Tim but more reserved and Brad was a...

I knew once Brad left Tim wouldn't stay long. I did read somewhere a couple of years ago that Kevin and Brad were supposed to do a Metal project and that Brad did an album w/Troy Lucketta. I heard samples of said project and if it was them it blew goats.
Back to top Go down
adrian
Metal master
Metal master
adrian

Number of posts : 994

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:08 am

They were one of the first bands I saw live and were real cool guys to meet and everything, but I really can't stand the direction they took. I don't mind their stuff up to the self-titled, but Scars Remain turned me off and I haven't listened to anything since. Funny enough though, I have a signed copy of that album
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 11:42 am

Not a huge fan anymore. Scars Remain was (as funny as it may be) was really the first album I had every listened to with any sort of "harsh" vocal tone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...   New Disciple songs, if anyone cares... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Disciple songs, if anyone cares...
Page 1 of 1