Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is my iPod dead?

Go down 
+3
thejokeriv
Metal Misfit
Required Fields
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:28 pm

Recently, as you know, my camera had problems due to a card error. That problem has, fortunately, been resolved. And now...my iPod is having problems.

No matter what I do, since I got off of work, my iPod does nothing. I had charged it last night when I made adjustments, and was listening to it during my breaks at work. It worked just fine.

Now I hit the play button, which turns it on. No matter what, it does nothing. It is not on lock mode, either. I also tried doing what you do when it freezes. Nothing happens. I tried charging it on the computer. Nothing happens. I've had it for almost three years now.

Is my iPod dead?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:45 pm

If you did the "toggle lock/hold play and menu" thing I don't know what to tell you. Mine froze a few days ago and I followed their instructions for when it freezes and couldn't get it work. You could only faintly see that it had the "connected" screen as if it was still hooked up to my PC.

I tried the play/menu buttons again a few hours later and frantically kept switching the lock button back and forth and it came back on.

Is my iPod dead? Icon_scratch
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 5:59 pm

You need to do the reset thing - toggle the on/off switch and then press the middle select button and the top of the wheel at the same time - this will reset it and it will work fine.
Back to top Go down

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:45 pm

What he said.

If the simple reset doesn't work, then plug it into iTunes and hit the "Restore" button on the Summary tab. That will erase the device, re-install the software on it and then re-sync with your library.

Here's the link to the troubleshooting assistant:

http://www.apple.com/support/ipod/five_rs/
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 7:48 pm

I got it working again!
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeTue Apr 13, 2010 8:00 pm

Required Fields wrote:
I got it working again!

you can make the bill payable to exact33 @ yahoo Smile

_Wes
Metal novice
Metal novice
_Wes

Number of posts : 18

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 5:27 am

Good news!

I bricked an iPod once - then got online and ordered a new battery, and got it back working again.

Those things are too dang expensive to not work for. . . well, a long time. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://fretlessbassist.com
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 1:18 pm

I dropped mine not too long ago. I usually have a case on it but this day I didn't and it fell right out of my pocket. Ever since then every once in a while it will stop in the middle of a song for a few seconds and then continue.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 3:52 pm

I've never dropped mine and have the same thing of pausing up.

Another solution I've found when the reset doesn't work is to plug it into a wall socket instead of the computer. No idea why but that has always brought it back.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeWed Apr 14, 2010 9:10 pm

What size Ipod do you have Jstate? Maybe the pausing up has to do with the Ipod having a lot of songs on it. I have over 28,000.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitimeThu Apr 15, 2010 6:17 am

I have the 80 gb. And it is completely filled. I've often thought that might have something to do with it. Plus it is over four years old. It also tends to be slow when starting up. I'm just hoping the battery holds out at this point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Is my iPod dead? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Is my iPod dead?   Is my iPod dead? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is my iPod dead?
Page 1 of 1