Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
Temple of Blood
manny
Troublezone
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Empty
PostSubject: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:43 am

http://www.metalhammer.co.uk/news/exclusive-hammer-hears-new-anthrax-tracks/
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:51 am

Some pretty positive comments. I don't suppose this has anything to do with their glowing review:

Quote :
Come back this Friday when Scott Ian joins Gill and Beez on this week’s Metal Hammer Podcast.

Either way, I hope Anthrax made a good album. I won't be buying it.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:53 am

I will check it out, I was surprised that review was so postive, for some reason I expected it to get a lukewarm reception.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 10:58 am

I want it to be good but needless to say I am skeptical. Not of the new singer, but of Ian and Charlie's ability to steer the ship.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 11:22 am

Like Spec pointed out, I'd be skeptical of a positive review when their guest next week is, whoa, SURPRISE!! The artist being reviewed!

I'll still be picking this one up however. I'm still an Anthrax fan-boy, come Hell or high-water.

Temple of Blood wrote:
I want it to be good but needless to say I am skeptical. Not of the new singer, but of Ian and Charlie's ability to steer the ship.

Haven't they always though, since the beginning? I've always had the impression that Ian & Charlie pretty much directed the band (through good times & bad). It's not like this is a new development. I'm sure people wrote them off when Joey left the 1st time. Then again when metal was a four-lettered word in the 90's. Anthrax, whether you like e'm or not, have still managed to stick around, with varying degrees of success, thanks to Charlie & Scott's persistance.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26454

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm pretty skeptical about this too. I agree with Spec that I hope they made a great album.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:12 pm

I hope it's good too. I'd really like to see them thrash again.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:20 pm

I'm also taking a wait and see attitude. I want it to be great, they've done so much for thrash and rock music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:30 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I'm also taking a wait and see attitude. I want it to be great, they've done so much for thrash and rock music.

Jim Henson had a "wait and see attitude" and now we have wrong-sounding Muppets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:32 pm

Hmmm. True but not quite the same thing.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:11 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Haven't they always though, since the beginning? I've always had the impression that Ian & Charlie pretty much directed the band (through good times & bad). It's not like this is a new development.

You're right but it's not always been the case that they've been steering it the wrong way. Smile
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 4:50 pm

seemed more like an advertisement then a review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 7:17 pm

sam wrote:
seemed more like an advertisement then a review.

With Scott Ian, is there really a difference?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:

I agree, they have wandered far from the greatness of the old days but i still hope it's good.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:32 am

i still don't like what they did to Bush, but i'm willing to give the new guy (and material) a chance.

sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 7:01 pm

(at Mc's last fm chart) - what a wake up mix! Shocked
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.   4 new Anthrax songs reviewed. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

4 new Anthrax songs reviewed.
Page 1 of 1