Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Headbangers Ball!

Go down 
+21
A Handful of Wayne
DeathCult
Troublezone
thejokeriv
outofstep
DallasBlack
Temple of Blood
7thSecond
Todd Jaymz
zombiewalkin
TheGooch
Rex
Fat Freddy
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
krokus
stepcousin
scottmitchell74
Thrasher73
mr.electric39
Wargod
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 8:48 pm

Not since the 80's - I'm more apt to watch the metal show on Vh1 Classic
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2007 9:45 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
Not since the 80's - I'm more apt to watch the metal show on Vh1 Classic
Same here!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2007 9:48 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I DVR it. We usually wind up skipping through 95% of the bands on there. What REALLY irritates me is, week after week after week, they play the SAME SONGS! That's so annoying. Oh and 95% of those songs all sound like they have the same metalcore singer.

I tried doing that a few times, just to see if I was missing anything good, but gave up. It was taking up 2 hours of space on my Tivo just to see 2 or 3 videos.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 6:46 am

I watch it occasionaly but I'am almost 31 show I'am all about vh1 classic.I love and still watch the old headbangers ball.I have lot's I've put on too dvd I taped back in the day.I also trade for them over the net.I am always looking for more if anyone has any complete episodes on Dvd or Vhs(I can transfer to Dvd).

this was my show back in the day it had great videos,guest and on the road segments,They played everything I liked form the Crue,Poison,Maiden,Ozzy,Priest,AC/DC.Pantera,Suicidal and even heavier stuff like Morbid Angel and Carcas.I liked lots of the variety they played.I even enjoyed some of the hair metal they played mainly 89.90.91.

It;s intresting to watch the Riki Rachtman transformation from his first show which I have to his last show.I was not much of an Adam Curry Fan as he did not know much about anything.

If anyone has any Headbangers Ball videos or dvds and are intrested in trading

www.tapetrader.com/gatomike26

is the link to my bootlegs and HBB list.

I really need some more episodes from 87,88 a few from 89 and lots from 90.I have about 130 currently transfered to DVD.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 5:18 pm

I watched it for about the first time in a year last week or so. I sat through three videos of crap by bands who sounded exactly the same...and then they played "Brainwashed" by Nuclear Assault. Perfect social commentary Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Still crap today maybe one good show out of 7!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 08, 2008 8:47 pm

I wont watch it til they bring back Riki Rachtman! I dont think he wants to do it anyway so I guess i'll never watch it. Today I was watching a little of the VH1 classics though with Judas Priest doing their playlist. It was pretty cool saw some Priest, Testament and Pantera videos I havent seen in ages. That was the first time I watched VH1 classics and probably the last unless im bored. I dont really watch that stuff too much.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 11:31 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
I wont watch it til they bring back Riki Rachtman! I dont think he wants to do it anyway so I guess i'll never watch it. Today I was watching a little of the VH1 classics though with Judas Priest doing their playlist. It was pretty cool saw some Priest, Testament and Pantera videos I havent seen in ages. That was the first time I watched VH1 classics and probably the last unless im bored. I dont really watch that stuff too much.

I caught that one too. Kinda cool. Only I was hoping to hear something from the new Priest album at the end. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 12:11 pm

I think I record and skip through about 95% of it once every 2-3 months now.

I wish I got VH1 Classic. I'd have to upgrade my package in order to get it though. Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 09, 2008 2:55 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I have tried to watch the "new" Ball on occasion but there's a little too much WOOOOOAAAARRRRRRGH on it for me. Smile
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 11, 2008 1:22 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I think I record and skip through about 95% of it once every 2-3 months now.

I wish I got VH1 Classic. I'd have to upgrade my package in order to get it though. Sad

Same here, actually my dad pays the satallite bill so even if I wanted to, I couldn't have it upgraded. My mom's digital cable gets it but she lives over 45 minutes from here. Maybe once I get my sorry but in a place of my own, I'll try to get it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
IHATEGENRES
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 41

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:19 pm

I like it, I never seem to catch it but the ones I do are good, but I am into "lame metal-core" though. It seems to me the vids are always either new black metal or metal-core which is ok with me, but since no one really likes anything that cam out after '94... I can see why not everyone likes it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:23 pm

Quote :
but since no one really likes anything that cam out after '94... I can see why not everyone likes it.

Lechery
Vendetta
Orden Ogan
Sabaton

All from 2008, all metal. And that's just off the top of my head.

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:31 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :
but since no one really likes anything that cam out after '94... I can see why not everyone likes it.

Lechery
Vendetta
Orden Ogan
Sabaton

All from 2008, all metal. And that's just off the top of my head.

I was actually being sarcastic, although I didn't know any of those you just mentioned with the exception of Vendetta. I have this argument with people I hang out with all the time about how the death and black scene have faded heavily from what is used to be and everything is now influenced by something else. There in turn is crap, in their opinion. I dont think that at all.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9047

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:35 pm

I loved the Old one and take the new one for what it is.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:37 pm

Death metal isn't my thing because of the vocals. Same thing for most metalcore. But I don't rag on people who like those styles. Different strokes and all that.

BTW, the new Sabaton is my album of the year to this point. If you like "battle metal" with heavy guitars and gruff vox, "The Art Of War" is a must have.

http://www.sabaton.net/media.html

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:41 pm

Well then, I will have it!! 809 Turkey Run Abilene, Tx 79602!! Razz
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:41 pm

http://www.lechery.se/

And Lechery's debut used to be my album of the year until Sabaton's new one.

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm

I really like both, I was much younger when the old one was on so I dont remember it alot aside from the "three little pigs" video by green jelly (awesome). I remember alot of Crue, Maiden, Priest. I would really like the old one but dont really remember much Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:42 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Well then, I will have it!! 809 Turkey Run Abilene, Tx 79602!! Razz

No way dude! This thing slays!

How can you not like an album that contains spoken quotes from Sun Tzu's 'Art Of War' book?

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 pm

I suppose you couldn't. I'm very much looking forward to it as well as about 15-20 others in the rest of 08.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:43 pm

I used to watch the old HBB regularly but I abandoned MTV when they became more about reality shows and trends than about music. Haven't watched MTV in years.

Metal novice
Metal novice

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 4:49 pm

I really liked the song by lechery just heard, I am going to have to check out these bands as almost all of my collection is Groove/Black/Death/Metalcore.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:09 pm

🤘

The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 5:15 pm

ultmetal wrote:
I don't have Cable TV. Don't watch enough TV to make it worth paying for, so I never see Headbanger's Ball.

Neither do I. I think I've said this on here before but I been going strong without since around 1997. Headbangers ball sounds cool but I dont know if I could tolerate all the nu bands.

Last edited by Stender on Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Headbangers Ball!   Headbangers Ball! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Headbangers Ball!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next