Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Crucified Live

Go down 
+5
nevermore
stevegarveyfan
Thrasher73
ultmetal
Troublezone
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:40 am

Looks like The Crucified is playing a free show not too far from where i live. I missed them the first time around in the early 90's when i was in high school... i can't miss this gig!

The Crucified Live Gigbanner-1
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:56 am

Say hi to Jim for me.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:05 am

ultmetal wrote:
Say hi to Jim for me.

My friend is a drummer and he'll probably want to wait around after the show to talk to the guys especially Jim. Do you think i should ask Mark Salomon for a autograph? Razz I know i want to say hi to Greg Minier. Smile
Back to top Go down

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:28 am

I'd like to see The Crucified live...I bet they're very energetic...
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:39 am

Cool Deal TZ.I never got to see them the first time around either.Wish I could go!
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:27 am

Troublezone wrote:
Do you think i should ask Mark Salomon for a autograph? Razz

Looks like you already know. I never had any luck with Mark (Marc). He always signed "His Peace 2 U". Never actually got his autograph. I think it was always an attempt to avoid arrogance. Good on him for it, but I still would like to have his autograph. Guess it'll never happen.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 11:40 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Looks like you already know. I never had any luck with Mark (Marc). He always signed "His Peace 2 U". Never actually got his autograph. I think it was always an attempt to avoid arrogance. Good on him for it, but I still would like to have his autograph. Guess it'll never happen.

I saw it as arrogance myself.

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 12:22 pm

ultmetal wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

How so? I've never met the guy, but glorifying God as opposed to putting his own name down sounds like he's not trying to take any undue glory.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 3:30 pm

I would really like to see The Crucified live.
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 8:16 pm

He certainly didn't strike me as proud. Seemed as though he was trying to avoid glory. I respected him for it. But I STILL want his autograph. Don't think he'll be giving it anytime soon. Maybe I'll write him a small check, and he'll have to sign it. Then I'll cut out that portion of the check and affix it to the CD cover. Now THAT would be clever.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:26 pm

ultmetal wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

Yeah, I'm with ult. Any christian artist(or otherwise) that thinks a fan is making an idol out of them by asking for an autograph is an idiot. I like Marc soloman, and respect him, but co'mon man...lighten up a bit! a fan asking for a signature is just something to add to the expirience for them...nothing more.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 9:57 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
stevegarveyfan wrote:
Troublezone wrote:

How so? I've never met the guy, but glorifying God as opposed to putting his own name down sounds like he's not trying to take any undue glory.

Perhaps it was the attitude I received when asking him for an autograph. At the time I had no idea on his "no autograph" stance.

Perhaps it was the fact that he scribble scripture on my CD cover about "not worshiping idols". Liking his art and wanting him to autograph it is "idol worship"? Hardly. I'm not looking to the guy for salvation? I just liked his music and wanted him to sign it. It's part of the experience of meeting an artists whose work you enjoy. All he did was ruin my CD.

The rest of the band were kind and signed the CD. Talked with us a bit about music, God, etc. Frankly, we all thought Mark was just rude.

Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:27 pm

No matter your perception, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. We cannot truly know his motives unless we ask him. Anyone here know him well enough to broach the subject with him?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:40 pm

stevegarveyfan wrote:
No matter your perception, I think we should give him the benefit of the doubt. We cannot truly know his motives unless we ask him. Anyone here know him well enough to broach the subject with him?

I brought it up to his other band members at other points when meeting them, and they all just sort of said, "yup, that's Mark." Apparently I wasn't the only person he offended back then.

If he doesn't want to sign autographs as an act of "humility" he needs to do so without the attitude he gave us that night. Perhaps just politely saying "I don't sign autographs" would be better than scribbling a scripture about idol worship. No, we cannot know his motives, but me and my friends saw the attitude and it wasn't cool. I've meet tons of artists in my life, both Christian and not, and most have been very cool. He was one of the few to come off with an attitude like that. There is a different between humility and bad attitude in my opinion.

But, whatever, that was a long time ago. I'm glad they are back together and doing their thing again.

Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 12:43 am

Quote :
The rest of the band were kind and signed the CD. Talked with us a bit about music, God, etc. Frankly, we all thought Mark was just rude.

Yeah, the other guys are just as Christian as Mr. Saloman and they had no problem with it.
Back to top Go down
papias
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 4

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:02 pm

If I lived in SoCal I would SO GO to this show! Is this the CC Golden Springs church site?

Any chance of a new release?
Back to top Go down

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 2:23 pm

Are they "reunited"? Or is this a one-off show?
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 3:22 pm

Have you ever read his book "Simplicity" Scott? It's a great read and might help you get a bearing on Mark and how he felt/feels about a lot of thing's. He's not a bad guy at all. He does have his peculiarities but I'm willing to bet that his autograph (idol) stance had a lot to do with how people (Christians) perceived The Crucified and how they really were at the time.
Back to top Go down
metalken
Metal master
Metal master

Number of posts : 819

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I have seen on the 'net that they are also playing a show in Europe. I think that actual tour is not a reality, but since there is supposed to be retrospective disc (or discs) coming out, this is promo for it. I think.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:54 pm

7thSecond wrote:
Have you ever read his book "Simplicity" Scott? It's a great read and might help you get a bearing on Mark and how he felt/feels about a lot of thing's. He's not a bad guy at all. He does have his peculiarities but I'm willing to bet that his autograph (idol) stance had a lot to do with how people (Christians) perceived The Crucified and how they really were at the time.

I read the book. It's a great read...
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:58 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

I hope they do stay together for awhile but i think this reunion is just for fun. Maybe if were lucky they will make one more record.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitimeMon Jun 15, 2009 9:59 pm

Just saw them yesterday. They only played about 7 songs total with the last one being joined by Sonny from POD. It was very cool to see them live after all these years. I was dissapointed that there was no moshing allowed because it was in a church. They played at least two of my favs by them... The Wrong One and Mindbender. Greg Minier looks very different (think emo) from the old days but the others still look pretty much the same except for Jeff Belllew having lost a lot of weight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Crucified Live Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Crucified Live   The Crucified Live Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Crucified Live
Page 1 of 1